Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I never realised there was one more. I thought it was clouds or whispers. I want some of that middle of the road action. Can you whomp with a dripper or...
I'm all dripper all the time. I just rarely go lower than 0.5ohm on a mech.

I'm actually really liking this dual 0.6 build I've got going right now, but I don't think it could be an all day every day thing for me. It's a bit thirsty.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Store bought coils I hear people getting a week or two. I get maybe three days.

That to me is mental, I'd take a 2/3 day old coil over a new one all day long, that's when the flavor should be at its best. I get the same great flavor for 3 weeks, sometimes 4, by then the flavor is just dropping off.

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
@Lannie

o69u3d.jpg

The FA Raspberry smells amazeballs, a lot stronger and sweeter than Capella but that's just from the smell..

Time to mix these up.......

I'll let you know ;)

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
@Lannie

o69u3d.jpg

The FA Raspberry smells amazeballs, a lot stronger and sweeter than Capella but that's just from the smell..

Time to mix these up.......

I'll let you know ;)

Oh, man, I forgot about those stupid FA bottles! I have a couple of those, one has a blue top, and I CANNOT GET THE FLAVORING OUT. I have pineapple in the orange topped one and I haven't attempted that one yet, but the blue one is beyond my ability to access. The bottle is too small and too rigid for my arthritic fingers to be able to squeeze. It might as well be glass. So I can't get the stuff out by squeezing it. I clipped the dripper tip off with scissors finally, because I also can't get the whole top off. It seems to be pressure fit on there, not screw-top, and I'm worried if I destroy the bottle trying to get at the flavoring, I'm gonna end up with the flavoring all over ME and the floor. So for the time being, with the dripper tip clipped off to make the hole a tiny bit bigger, I can *just* fit a blunt needle in there and draw up what I need. But that bottle design totally sucks for anyone with old fingers and hands and I need to find somewhere I can get their flavors re-bottled into something I can actually open.

Does anyone know? These came from our first flavor order, that Rich made, and I can't remember where he ordered from. I think Bull City Vapors (he doesn't remember and didn't keep the receipt). And like I said, I'm not sure if I can open the orange topped bottle or not. @Rixsta does that screw on and off by any chance?

~Lannie

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I'm all dripper all the time. I just rarely go lower than 0.5ohm on a mech.

I'm actually really liking this dual 0.6 build I've got going right now, but I don't think it could be an all day every day thing for me. It's a bit thirsty.
People are funny about tastes.

I'm super fussy about taste. I taste something off and I pull the wicks right away. THAT INSTANT!!!!

The tanks I rebuild for people they bring me wicks burnt to a crisp and 3mm coils 8mm around with gunk.

Store bought coils I hear people getting a week or two. I get maybe three days.

Depending on the tank, I am getting a month or more from a coil. I have gotten to the point where i prefer tanks with large store bought coils. Like the TFV4's, Crowns, Supertanks. I like a lot of flavor and sub ohm tanks to me delivers the best flavor. The coils in these sub ohm tanks will usually last me a month to 6 weeks and when they are ready to change there will be a noticeable drop in flavor with an off taste and then a slight burnt taste. Change the coil and vape away for another month or more.
The few tanks that I use with built coils in them are the STM's i have. Both of mine coils are over 3 months old now and I will rewick them on average every 3 weeks to a month. Dry burn the coil, if its good to go just rewick them and vape on.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I'm still using my original iSub G tanks' coils. It's got to have been at LEAST 6 months on those by now. And the Lemo 2 that Coolerat sent me still has his coil in it. And the Aromamizer that another ECF friend send me still has his original coil in it. Those are months old now. I just pull the wicks out when the vapor starts getting burned and spitty (don't you love my descriptions? LOL!) and dry burn and re-wick and it's perfectly good. Is it bad that I'm still using these coils, or have I just been exceedingly lucky? Maybe it's one of those situations where I didn't KNOW I should put a new coil in at certain intervals, so I haven't had to? ;) I dunno, but if it ain't broke, why try to fix it, right?

~Lannie

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I'm still using my original iSub G tanks' coils. It's got to have been at LEAST 6 months on those by now. And the Lemo 2 that Coolerat sent me still has his coil in it. And the Aromamizer that another ECF friend send me still has his original coil in it. Those are months old now. I just pull the wicks out when the vapor starts getting burned and spitty (don't you love my descriptions? LOL!) and dry burn and re-wick and it's perfectly good. Is it bad that I'm still using these coils, or have I just been exceedingly lucky? Maybe it's one of those situations where I didn't KNOW I should put a new coil in at certain intervals, so I haven't had to? ;) I dunno, but if it ain't broke, why try to fix it, right?

~Lannie
Use the coils until the resistance starts to go up. Or you bend them trying to rewick.

There are no rules.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Oh, man, I forgot about those stupid FA bottles! I have a couple of those, one has a blue top, and I CANNOT GET THE FLAVORING OUT. I have pineapple in the orange topped one and I haven't attempted that one yet, but the blue one is beyond my ability to access. The bottle is too small and too rigid for my arthritic fingers to be able to squeeze. It might as well be glass. So I can't get the stuff out by squeezing it. I clipped the dripper tip off with scissors finally, because I also can't get the whole top off. It seems to be pressure fit on there, not screw-top, and I'm worried if I destroy the bottle trying to get at the flavoring, I'm gonna end up with the flavoring all over ME and the floor. So for the time being, with the dripper tip clipped off to make the hole a tiny bit bigger, I can *just* fit a blunt needle in there and draw up what I need. But that bottle design totally sucks for anyone with old fingers and hands and I need to find somewhere I can get their flavors re-bottled into something I can actually open.

Does anyone know? These came from our first flavor order, that Rich made, and I can't remember where he ordered from. I think Bull City Vapors (he doesn't remember and didn't keep the receipt). And like I said, I'm not sure if I can open the orange topped bottle or not. @Rixsta does that screw on and off by any chance?

~Lannie

No, its doesn't screw off, I just grabbed it and pulled the whole cap off and that was that...a few drops did go over my hand but nothing major. The bottle wasn't rigid either, one pull and it came off, no idea about the blue ones.

EDIT - Use rubber washing up gloves, you should get it off !!..hopefully.

I have a good feeling about this one already, just from the smell alone (which I know means jack but ow it smells nice)
This is going to take a longer steep though to get it a nice light Orange color due to the higher Custard %, maybe 3 weeks :(

Silly pic for the heck of it

2wlsm5k.png

I am tempted on my next batch to try 1% cake batter and 2% cream instead of 3%, depends how this turns out, its a pretty high flavor mix and I know that FA can be stronger so that 8% may overpower the Custard and cream. I mixed 100ml so either way, I'm vaping it lol

Last edited:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
No, its doesn't screw off, I just grabbed it and pulled the whole cap off and that was that...a few drops did go over my hand but nothing major. The bottle wasn't rigid either, one pull and it came off, no idea about the blue ones.

I have a good feeling about this one already, just from the smell alone (which I know means jack but ow it smells nice)
This is going to take a longer steep though to get it a nice light Orange color due to the higher Custard %, maybe 3 weeks :(

2wlsm5k.png

I am tempted on my next batch to try 1% cake batter and 2% cream instead of 3%, depends how this turns out, its a pretty high flavor mix and I know that FA can be stronger so that 8% may overpower the Custard and cream. I mixed 100ml so either way, I'm vaping it lol

Can't wait to hear the results on this one, as well as the recipe too!! :D

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

~Lannie

Lannie I do the same thing. When they start to disappoint me. I strip out the cotton, burn em, and rewick. When they finally die I rebuild them!

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Can't wait to hear the results on this one, as well as the recipe too!! :D

I tried it, no doughnut or custard flavor yet which is normal, way to early to vape but the FA Raspberry is very different from Capella, almost a Turkish delight flavor coming through, I think when it steeps and comes together, this could be a very nice juice.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Use the coils until the resistance starts to go up. Or you bend them trying to rewick.

There are no rules.

Oh, good! I do watch the resistance, and so far, they're still reading just slightly under .5 ohms. They did when they were new, as well. They range from .47 to .49 (still technically .5, right? LOL!), and that's where they still are. Coolerat's coil was a .66 when it was fresh, and it still is, and the other one was a .49 and it still is, so it looks like I'm good on the coils then. :) I still have four boxes of brand new iSub coils that I haven't even opened. At this rate, it will be interesting to see how long 30 coils (the total I started with) will actually last. Years, maybe? I dunno...

2wlsm5k.png

I'll try rubber gloves on the gnarly bottles and see if that works. Or maybe I can get Rich to do it. His hands are still a little stronger than mine are, so maybe he'll have better luck. I have old, cleaned out Capella's bottles I can put the flavor into, if I can just get it OUT of the Flavour Art bottles.

And I'll be waiting to see how your new mix turns out, however, I'd REALLY rather have those ones on the left there. Crap, I can almost TASTE them! LOL! I neglected to write down your new recipe percentages, so when you get this figured out, would you please share it again? I don't remember what page it was on... maybe if I have some time later I can scan back and see if I can find it, but especially if you end up changing something, re-post it, K? THANKS! :D 'Cuz I luv me some raspberry custard doughnut!

~Lannie

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Oh, good! I do watch the resistance, and so far, they're still reading just slightly under .5 ohms. They did when they were new, as well. They range from .47 to .49 (still technically .5, right? LOL!), and that's where they still are. Coolerat's coil was a .66 when it was fresh, and it still is, and the other one was a .49 and it still is, so it looks like I'm good on the coils then. :) I still have four boxes of brand new iSub coils that I haven't even opened. At this rate, it will be interesting to see how long 30 coils (the total I started with) will actually last. Years, maybe? I dunno...

I'll try rubber gloves on the gnarly bottles and see if that works. Or maybe I can get Rich to do it. His hands are still a little stronger than mine are, so maybe he'll have better luck. I have old, cleaned out Capella's bottles I can put the flavor into, if I can just get it OUT of the Flavour Art bottles.

And I'll be waiting to see how your new mix turns out, however, I'd REALLY rather have those ones on the left there. Crap, I can almost TASTE them! LOL! I neglected to write down your new recipe percentages, so when you get this figured out, would you please share it again? I don't remember what page it was on... maybe if I have some time later I can scan back and see if I can find it, but especially if you end up changing something, re-post it, K? THANKS! :D 'Cuz I luv me some raspberry custard doughnut!

~Lannie

Great tank the Isub. I have the the Isub G but I want to pick up the S model. I like the fact that Innokin hasn't changed the coils throughout this line. Really nice flavor from those coils too!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Great tank the Isub. I have the the Isub G but I want to pick up the S model. I like the fact that Innokin hasn't changed the coils throughout this line. Really nice flavor from those coils too!

I have the glass ones, too, but I don't bother typing the "G" when I'm talking about the coils, since they're the same. But yeah, I really like 'em. They're my workhorses. I actually like the flavor in the Aromamizer the best, then it's a tie between the Lemo 2 and the iSubs, at least to my tastebuds. ;) But a big factor in why I like the iSubs is ease of use. I can just unscrew the base, pull out the old atty, stick a "new" one in and go. No fussing, and to dry burn and re-wick takes literally only a couple of minutes each, so I save them up until I have five or six to do and do them all at once in like 15 minutes. I love them. I need to get the RBAs for these, and then I'll NEVER have to worry about anything except I should maybe get some spare glass... I haven't dropped one yet, but that doesn't mean I never will. :)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I have the glass ones, too, but I don't bother typing the "G" when I'm talking about the coils, since they're the same. But yeah, I really like 'em. They're my workhorses. I actually like the flavor in the Aromamizer the best, then it's a tie between the Lemo 2 and the iSubs, at least to my tastebuds. ;) But a big factor in why I like the iSubs is ease of use. I can just unscrew the base, pull out the old atty, stick a "new" one in and go. No fussing, and to dry burn and re-wick takes literally only a couple of minutes each, so I save them up until I have five or six to do and do them all at once in like 15 minutes. I love them. I need to get the RBAs for these, and then I'll NEVER have to worry about anything except I should maybe get some spare glass... I haven't dropped one yet, but that doesn't mean I never will. :)

They definitely are easy to work with. I just received the Cubis Tank the other day and it's another good tank as well. Good flavor, variety of different coils and a RBA is available too. The best part is they are priced good as well. Most places sell them for under $20 and the coils sell for under $10 for a 5 pack!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I'm gonna have to check into that Cubis tank, I guess. Like I need more tanks... ;) NO! I NEED MORE TANKS! LOL!

What puzzles me is the people who get the iSub tanks then complain about the coils not lasting very long, and everyone jumps in and says oh yeah, Innokin makes good mods but they don't make very good coils, and I'm getting tired of explaining how to pull the wick and re-do them. I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over and over, and still they don't get it. I'm using a coil that was new last AUGUST fer cryin' out loud! You can't tell me they don't make good coils, 'cuz they DO. :D

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I'm gonna have to check into that Cubis tank, I guess. Like I need more tanks... ;) NO! I NEED MORE TANKS! LOL!

What puzzles me is the people who get the iSub tanks then complain about the coils not lasting very long, and everyone jumps in and says oh yeah, Innokin makes good mods but they don't make very good coils, and I'm getting tired of explaining how to pull the wick and re-do them. I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over and over, and still they don't get it. I'm using a coil that was new last AUGUST fer cryin' out loud! You can't tell me they don't make good coils, 'cuz they DO. :D
:lol:

Welcome to the world of helping the public.

Rather dense bunch if you ask me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread