Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too. A little late though.....and maybe not "all" here. lol
ALERT!! I just sustained a vaping Related Injury!!!

I filled up a Cubis tank, was under the light checking for any over-fill and dropped it. Upon catching it, I hit myself in the Nuts with it!!!!
DAMN vaping IS UNSAFE!!!!!! :w00t::lol:
OMG!!!!! That's awful!!!!! :w00t: It's just plain "nuts"!
Hey gang. Mind if I shack up for a while? My home group has been decimated.
Welcome to the jungle :evil:

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I don't appear to be very organized with regard to where my stuff is but I can usually find anything in the dark if need be.
Me and you, Woof. My den, shop, garage are the epitome of chaos, but "I know" in which junk pile I can find everything. I would not make a good librarian because none of my stuff is organized ala Dewey Decimal system, but by where I am most likely to use it.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Me and you, Woof. My den, shop, garage are the epitome of chaos, but "I know" in which junk pile I can find everything. I would not make a good librarian because none of my stuff is organized ala Dewey Decimal system, but by where I am most likely to use it.
Well, I tend to misplace my vamos from time to time.......:rolleyes:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

Dewey Decimal!! :eek: Man I hated that thing.
I used to look at the Librarian and say "Just tell me where the book is!!!"
I guess that's why I never went to the Library to study!

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Dewey Decimal!! :eek: Man I hated that thing.
I used to look at the Librarian and say "Just tell me where the book is!!!"
I guess that's why I never went to the Library to study!
I hated it too! I can still remember those little wood boxes. :eek:
upload_2016-5-3_18-39-6.png

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
:lol:, If the Librarian pffted me off I would change the order of the cards on them!:evil:
No you did NOT! lol, Too funny. I hated going there and seeing all the students that could find a book in minutes while I fumbled through thinking "What am I dewing?" Get it??? Dewing??? hehe. I think the worst part was getting "shhh'd" at.
upload_2016-5-3_19-51-38.png

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Not that I have any priceless Ming vases, but if I did, I probably WOULD break one trying to save a spoon from hitting the floor. :lol:
Same here. Even if I had tons of money, that's just one of the reasons I would never have stuff like that. Bigger reason, every time I looked at it, all I'd be able to think of is.... I wonder how many hungry people that could feed!!

Have to represent the REO, it's a modwomper's dream machine. Beautiful, reliable, with stock contacts it's got decent power for a mech, if you do your own modifications you can eek out even more.

I'd post pics of my precious, but she needs a bath.
Jup!! I'm a huge cheerleader. Talked about em so much when I first got here that they were ready to whack me wiff my own fryin pan! Kudos to you for being a single parent! Not an easy job at all. I raised my son from the time he was 1.5 old, and my dad raised me from the time I was 3 by himself for the most part. You said for now. Hope that's fixin to change for ya rather than just thinkin it might some time in the future. Not prying, just sending wishes!
and since you love helping folks.......we'll all have to ask ya tons of questions so you'll stick around! :lol:

I have 24 and 26 gauge in both Kanthal and Stainless because a kind soul here on ECF sent them to me. ;) He's been trying to get me to learn to build my own coils for a while now. He was also the one that sent me his contest Disrupter to get me to come over to the Dark Side. I wubs him. :wub:
awwwwwwwwwwwww So many incredible folks on here!

but if it proves to be more trouble than it's worth,
You are far more patient than I. I've never even touched one and it's already proven to be far more trouble than it's worth! lol I'd be gittin the RBA part if I wasn't already fixin to toss the whole thing in a ditch! I'll work for hours gettting a craft project just so....... but when it comes to something like this that I can actually use.......newp no patience! I'll do these steps, and you need to work right. period!! hehehe

"Stay out of those," she said. "They're for the funeral."
That's horrible, but sooool funny!!!

I really don't feel too good still to quote all of you, feel giddy and a bit sick.
Ok....... @Rixsta did they say you'd feel like this for a couple days cuz you got knocked out?? If not, PLEASE (that means do it dammit!!) get back to da hospital or at least call a patient advisory nurse if y'all have them there, or a doc..... and......if you're feeling worse than you did........call an ambulance!!!! Did they do a head CT while you were there? Even if they did, it may need to be done again! A simple concussion usually clears up very quickly.......symptoms should not last for days.

Off to the waterfront for some eats. See yaz a little later. Maybe!!
ohhhhhhhhhh I miss Florida soooooooooooo much!!! I wanna go eat sumpthin at the waterfront again!! hehehe

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ok....... @Rixsta did they say you'd feel like this for a couple days cuz you got knocked out?? If not, PLEASE (that means do it dammit!!) get back to da hospital or at least call a patient advisory nurse if y'all have them there, or a doc..... and......if you're feeling worse than you did........call an ambulance!!!! Did they do a head CT while you were there? Even if they did, it may need to be done again! A simple concussion usually clears up very quickly.......symptoms should not last for days.

Thanks for your concern, means a lot to me !
I am much better today but it was only nature to feel a bit worse for wear, bang on the head, cut on the forehead, black eyes, bruising and swelling, bound to feel meh..
Right, time to do this Isub review as it's well over due and is worth doing, lets just say, I'm very impressed ;)

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Isub RBA !

My main gripe with the Isub range, yes all of them, in fact after trying my friends, I would say the Isub V has slightly less airflow than the S but the S has slightly more than the G o_O I'm confused already, lets regroup here..

The Isub coils are great for flavor, we all know that but for my style of vaping there just isn't enough airflow and that's a shame, Emma was right about vaping those BV Claptons at 60w with that airflow, it will dry hit so you have to turn the wattage down which is kinda pointless, I was hoping that the verticals would give more airflow but they don't.

So onto the RBA......

2rhnurc.jpg
nn7jg1.jpg

I like the little tool that comes with it to wrap your coil around and it also fits in the slots of the coil housing, you get a few pre made coils, some cotton, O rings, magnetic screwdriver, screws and the spit back guard.

I used a 26g with 32g gauge wrapped around it (Clapton) and it just fits through the little hole, any bigger than this and it won't fit.

I made a 6 wrap Clapton using the tool provided. I deserve an award just for making this coil work lol

308h6au.jpg
28ldova.jpg

You can see how useful that little tool is and here are the wires through the bottom, now you just need to put the screws in, tighten and break off the wire. You can pull the bottom of the wire using some grips to straighten them out while the tool is through the coil, again, it's most useful.

begeo6.jpg
s3gfau.jpg

We have lift off, look how close this was !. I had to pinch the coil with tweezers then fire it up to compress the coil or it would short, way to close really and I would never do a 6 wrap again, I should of done a 5 wrap for more room and that 6 wrap comes out at 0.9ohm... A normal standard coil would be so much easier and it really is very easy to built on.

vf8k5u.jpg
dg59ag.jpg

Lets wick her up

20iwbib.jpg

Don't cut the cotton directly flush, you need a little each side, 3mm ish...so you can push the cotton into the holes a little, if you don't do this, it will flood ! Prime, add the bottom O ring and screw on the guard.

rbz3aw.jpg

Job done :)

2m6lcpi.jpg

Now the main benefit and why I would recommend this to everyone is the airflow and flavor, the airflow has doubled, it is fantastic and took me by surprise as I thought the horizontal coil would make it even worse but looking at the bottom of the RBA, its wide open and it really does make a big difference. The flavor is also great, better than the pre made Clapton. I will not be using any pre made coils in this tank ever again.
Anyone who has problems with there hands, I'd say, go for it, it's really easy to do, especially with say a standard 24g wire, it's much better to work on than the Aspire RBA for example.....Oh just buy one, it transforms the Isub tanks :thumb:
I will do a 5 wrap Clapton tomorrow, maybe even a 4 wrap, I know one of those will be the perfect coil for this ;) but it's safe to say, I'm now using my Isub again.
I will say one thing, I now understand how great my Boreas and Supreme is to build on though, you need a little more care and attention with these, velocity style decks are such a great design :w00t:
Last note, it took 40 minutes to empty the tank from full, I have turned it into a thirsty sucker. Now I'm off to buy the Isub S as top fill is def needed now !

Off to stain the decking, I know, I know, I should be resting, I have added heavy duty springs to those shed doors now though, they ain't blowing open like that again.

Last edited:

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Isub RBA !

My main gripe with the Isub range, yes all of them, in fact I would say the Isub V has slightly less airflow than the S but the S has slightly more than the G o_O I'm confused already, lets regroup here..

The Isub coils are great for flavor, we all know that but for my style of vaping there just isn't enough airflow and that's a shame, Emma was right about vaping those BV Claptons at 60w with that airflow, it will dry hit so you have to turn the wattage down which is kinda pointless, I was hoping that the verticals would give more airflow but they don't.

So onto the RBA......

2rhnurc.jpg
nn7jg1.jpg

I like the little tool that comes with it to wrap your coil around and it also fits in the slots of the coil housing, you get a few pre made coils, some cotton, O rings, magnetic screwdriver, screws and the spit back guard.

I used a 26g with 32g gauge wrapped around it (Clapton) and it just fits through the little hole, any bigger than this and it won't fit.

I made a 6 wrap Clapton using the tool provided. I deserve an award just for making this coil work lol

308h6au.jpg
28ldova.jpg

You can see how useful that little tool is and here are the wires through the bottom, now you just need to put the screws in, tighten and break off the wire. You can pull the bottom of the wire using some grips to straighten them out while the tool is through the coil, again, it's most useful.

begeo6.jpg
s3gfau.jpg

We have lift off, look how close this was !. I had to pinch the coil with tweezers then fire it up to compress the coil or it would short, way to close really and I would never do a 6 wrap again, I should of done a 5 wrap for more room and that 6 wrap comes out at 0.9ohm... A normal standard coil would be so much easier and it really is very easy to built on.

vf8k5u.jpg
dg59ag.jpg

Lets wick her up

20iwbib.jpg

Don't cut the cotton directly flush, you need a little each side, 3mm ish...so you can push the cotton into the holes a little, if you don't do this, it will flood ! Prime, add the bottom O ring and screw on the guard.

rbz3aw.jpg

Job done :)

2m6lcpi.jpg

Now the main benefit and why I would recommend this to everyone is the airflow and flavor, the airflow has doubled, it is fantastic and took me by surprise as I thought the horizontal coil would make it even worse but looking at the bottom of the RBA, its wide open and it really does make a big difference. The flavor is also great, better than the pre made Clapton. I will not be using any pre made coils in this tank ever again.
Anyone who has problems with there hands, I'd say, go for it, it's really easy to do, especially with say a standard 24g wire, it's much better to work on than the Aspire RBA for example.....Oh just buy one, it transforms the Isub tanks :thumb:
I will do a 5 wrap Clapton tomorrow, I know that will be the perfect coil for this ;) but it's safe to say, I'm now using my Isub again.
I will say one thing, I now understand how great my Boreas and Supreme is to build on though, you need a little more care and attention with these, velocity style decks are such a great design :w00t:
Thanks Rixta. I've had the rba section for weeks (put it in the vapocalypse box so I could use the tank if regs come), but now I'm considering breaking it out!

Though I have to say the "restrictive" (wide open) airflow between 27-35 watts is perfect for my vaping style. I've not tried any of the coils other than the standard .5 ones (though the V came w/SS .5 which I'm using in watts mode). Not sure how a pre made Clapton would suit me. I know the claptons for the subtank annoy the crap out of me!! Forced to use higher wattage for my same vape w/no noticeable difference (for me) in flavor. Just a warmer vape. Also they almost double the amount of liquid that I use!

Glad you're feeling better!

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hope you're feeling better @Rixsta !

Good morning gang. Started a thread for the Merlin in the RTA forums if anyone is interested.

Happy huuummmpp daaay!
Hey good to see you here and yup, feeling better.
I will check that out later, I'm always interested in RTA'S, they are the new 2016 craze hey :thumbs:

Thanks Rixta. I've had the rba section for weeks (put it in the vapocalypse box so I could use the tank if regs come), but now I'm considering breaking it out!

Though I have to say the "restrictive" (wide open) airflow between 27-35 watts is perfect for my vaping style. I've not tried any of the coils other than the standard .5 ones (though the V came w/SS .5 which I'm using in watts mode). Not sure how a pre made Clapton would suit me. I know the claptons for the subtank annoy the crap out of me!! Forced to use higher wattage for my same vape w/no noticeable difference (for me) in flavor. Just a warmer vape. Also they almost double the amount of liquid that I use!

Glad you're feeling better!
Hi :thumb: That's another plus, if it's too airy and you will notice the difference instantly, you can just close the AFC off a little. Let me know how it goes and thanks.....at least my headache as almost gone :-x

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Rixy, I'm so glad you're feeling better, and thank you for the run-down on that RBA. I don't know if you managed to get caught up on this thread, but a few pages back, I said I'd managed to re-coil one of the stock ones. Rich had to get the dang thing apart for me (that was completely beyond the ability of my hands to accomplish), but once it was apart, it was easy to put a new coil in it. Getting the two pieces back together was a bit of a SNAFU at first, but pliers, a Kleenex, and a butter knife saved the day. ;) Rich gave me a small c-clamp, the kind you squeeze to tighten, so future ones I can press fit back together smoothly and evenly. I just wish there was an easier way to get them apart in the first place.

But this RBA just looks SO easy. If I can get Rich to disassemble a few more of my stash of stock coil heads, I'll re-do those, but I'm putting a few of these RBAs on my wishlist, for sure. :) I can totally handle unscrewing them to get them apart! LOL!

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
@Rixsta

Another fine review my friend. Glad to hear that your getting back to snuff. I've had 3 concussions so I know from where your coming. But then again I don't really remember krud! :confused:
An Rba section or 2 will definitely be placed on order. I really like my iSub's but didn't like the restricted airflow. If these open them up I'm all in!

Update Boreas:
Haven't had any luck yet getting the Boreas to stop seeping juice from the airflow. This limits me to home use only since I can't be bothered to put this in my pocket while out or carrying something to constantly wipe it. Too bad because I really like this thing!! I'm not giving up yet so maybe there is still hope!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Great review @Rixsta !! :thumb:
The pre-built Claptons for that sounds just like the 1.5ohm Kanthal Clapton Coil for the Cubis! They are terrible for airflow and flavor!

The main SS316 Coils on the other hand are great!

Majority of these new pre-built Claptons just suck lol :rolleyes::D

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
@Rixsta

Another fine review my friend. Glad to hear that your getting back to snuff. I've had 3 concussions so I know from where your coming. But then again I don't really remember krud! :confused:
An Rba section or 2 will definitely be placed on order. I really like my iSub's but didn't like the restricted airflow. If these open them up I'm all in!

Update Boreas:
Haven't had any luck yet getting the Boreas to stop seeping juice from the airflow. This limits me to home use only since I can't be bothered to put this in my pocket while out or carrying something to constantly wipe it. Too bad because I really like this thing!! I'm not giving up yet so maybe there is still hope!
My Boreas is back in a drawer not being used.. Until I can try to work on it to fix the seeping, I dont like the idea of E-Liquid on my mods at all! Even one drop bothers me lol
Im sure I sound crazy saying that but its just how I am! Yes, I am very much OCD! :oops::w00t::lol:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
My Boreas is back in a drawer not being used.. Until I can try to work on it to fix the seeping, I dont like the idea of E-Liquid on my mods at all! Even one drop bothers me lol
Im sure I sound crazy saying that but its just how I am! Yes, I am very much OCD! :oops::w00t::lol:

I'm the same way, though. That's one of the reason I love these iSub tanks - they do not leak EVER. Except if you don't screw the bottom piece on all the way, which happened to me the other day when I switched out a coil. I felt *something* on my hand, and when I looked, there was a tiny dribble of juice coming out of the airflow and had run across the top of the mod and onto my hand. You would have thought there was a SNAKE on it the way I reacted! ROFLMAO! I was VERY disturbed about it, until I noticed that little hairline crack between the two pieces and slapped myself in the forehead... :facepalm: Duh. I tightened it the rest of the way, and it never leaked a drop after that.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
This is probably a really stupid question but does SS in wattage mode use more battery life than kanthal? I am using the SS .5 ohm coil on the isub V on a subbox and the battery is dying really quickly. The subbox was part of the vapepocalypse box so I've not used it before so I don't know if it is just normal for the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread