Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
My big worry, is that a current smoker, who has not yet "discovered" vaping, will never have the chances we've had. To try different things.....to find out "what" works for them. I've been vaping for over 3 years, but it wasn't until I came here, that I found out about vaping something other than a cigalike. Those never worked for me. And finally quit the cigs completely in August. Well, I'm going "shopping" now for more nic and tanks.
Exactly, Even if WE are all stocked up, what about those who never have Vaped and those that just found it? Not to mention everyone who makes a living off of Vaping!!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just ordered enough parts to keep my Subtank Minis running for 10 years or so.
got enough wire for 10+ years.
Enough NIc for 15 years or more.
Enough flavoring and PG/VG for at least 2 years.
5 mech mods and about a dozen regulated ones.

Good on ya :)

I have 15 gennies, 12 mechs, and enough kanthal and mesh to keep them going for a very long time. No way they are going after kanthal and mesh, and my mechs will keep on chugging for many years. 4 of them are Poldiacs, and I have a raft of spare parts for both the 4 Poldis and the 3 DID's. That hardware is solid stuff.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I'm in the SE section just off CC Parkway. I very much doubt the regs are just about devices, they are very focused on nicotine as a tobacco product and regulating it pursuant to a BT monopoly on it. It's all about vaping not making them money, and them wanting it to, which boils down to juice, not devices. Without the juice your device is of no consequence. It's the same reason gun controllers have tried to go after your ammo.

Cool. I'm by Chiquita & Veterans. If you look back I did answer that about everything being in it with some exceptions. I've been reading all day on this and I'm more pffted than anything else. I hope that if we at least get HR2058 passed maybe that will buy us some more time. Hopefully by then they will see how good vaping is or decide how bad they want to tax us! OK got to get to Costco before it closes!!

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Good on ya :)

I have 15 gennies, 12 mechs, and enough kanthal and mesh to keep them going for a very long time. No way they are going after kanthal and mesh, and my mechs will keep on chugging for many years. 4 of them are Poldiacs, and I have a raft of spare parts for both the 4 Poldis and the 3 DID's. That hardware is solid stuff.
All I have are about 10 vamos, 12 bcc tanks and a cubis. Need to get a reo like @Debadoo.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Exactly, Even if WE are all stocked up, what about those who never have Vaped and those that just found it? Not to mention everyone who makes a living off of Vaping!!
Yep, it's a BAD day. I'm usually an optimist, trying to see the "good" in everything. But this time, it's extremely difficult......perhaps because there IS no good in it. :(

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yep, it's a BAD day. I'm usually an optimist, trying to see the "good" in everything. But this time, it's extremely difficult......perhaps because there IS no good in it. :(
The good is, we're not dead yet. We, us, the vapers, those with the knowledge. Someone will figure out how we can continue to fight. In the meantime, there are tens of thousands of us with the knowledge to help those without.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I see lots of people "panic buying" and unless I'm completely misunderstanding, that is not necessary. The regs go into effect in 90 days. Anything not already on the market at that time is banned, but everything you guys are buying right now can still be manufactured and sold for 24 months after that. So don't panic, you still have lots of time to stock up, even if nothing changes with the regs. Of course, keep fighting to get this changed in the meantime.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    I see lots of people "panic buying" and unless I'm completely misunderstanding, that is not necessary. The regs go into effect in 90 days. Anything not already on the market at that time is banned, but everything you guys are buying right now can still be manufactured and sold for 24 months after that. So don't panic, you still have lots of time to stock up, even if nothing changes with the regs. Of course, keep fighting to get this changed in the meantime.
    I don't want to instigate panic buying, however, here's my thought: How many companies will decide that all of this just isn't worth it anymore? So, even though a product COULD be around for another two years, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be, or that the vendor will be, or that the price won't go up.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    The good is, we're not dead yet. We, us, the vapers, those with the knowledge. Someone will figure out how we can continue to fight. In the meantime, there are tens of thousands of us with the knowledge to help those without.
    True! Thanks Lessifer. It was just such an unexpected "shock" ....guess I wasn't ready for it. No matter how much I tried to be.
    Well, I admit, I "panic" bought some WTA.... just in case. Because I don't want to go back to smoking and I can admit honestly to myself and others here, that I may do just that if I can't have a year under my belt of "just" vaping. I smoked 2pad for 33 years. Cut down to 5 cigs a day while vaping. Marlboro Reds. Had to go to sleep with a cough drop in my mouth so I wouldn't wake up choking. Nebulizer treatments, inhalers, bronchitis....it eventually caught up with me and I sounded like an old lady who couldn't even laugh without gagging. Maybe I sound "weak" because I just didn't quit smoking. But I really don't care at this point. Vaping saved my life. And when I'm ready to give that up and go on, that's what I'll do. Just not ready yet.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    True! Thanks Lessifer. It was just such an unexpected "shock" ....guess I wasn't ready for it. No matter how much I tried to be.

Well, I admit, I "panic" bought some WTA.... just in case. Because I don't want to go back to smoking and I can admit honestly to myself and others here, that I may do just that if I can't have a year under my belt of "just" vaping. I smoked 2pad for 33 years. Cut down to 5 cigs a day while vaping. Marlboro Reds. Had to go to sleep with a cough drop in my mouth so I wouldn't wake up choking. Nebulizer treatments, inhalers, bronchitis....it eventually caught up with me and I sounded like an old lady who couldn't even laugh without gagging. Maybe I sound "weak" because I just didn't quit smoking. But I really don't care at this point. Vaping saved my life. And when I'm ready to give that up and go on, that's what I'll do. Just not ready yet.
    You're not weak, you've done an amazing thing that millions struggle with. In all honesty, if WTA is something you need, it's not a bad idea to stock up a bit.

PG, VG, flavorings, those will be readily available. Nic... I'm not sold on the availability of that over the next couple years. Things like WTA, well...

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Maybe I sound "weak" because I just didn't quit smoking. But I really don't care at this point. Vaping saved my life. And when I'm ready to give that up and go on, that's what I'll do. Just not ready yet.
    Nothing weak about that. The weak ones are the people like me, who hang out here and chat with y'all and pretend everything's great, all the while never admitting that I haven't quit smoking yet, not for longer than a couple days at a time anyway. So I'll admit it now, I'm a dual user still and having trouble ditching those last few cigs each day and feel embarrassed half the time on ECF cuz everyone else makes it seem so easy.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    You're not weak, you've done an amazing thing that millions struggle with. In all honesty, if WTA is something you need, it's not a bad idea to stock up a bit.

PG, VG, flavorings, those will be readily available. Nic... I'm not sold on the availability of that over the next couple years. Things like WTA, well...
    Awe thanks!!! I'll just "hoard" the wta like I do everything else. Kidding!!!! BAZINGA!

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    Nothing weak about that. The weak ones are the people like me, who hang out here and chat with y'all and pretend everything's great, all the while never admitting that I haven't quit smoking yet, not for longer than a couple days at a time anyway. So I'll admit it now, I'm a dual user still and having trouble ditching those last few cigs each day and feel embarrassed half the time on ECF cuz everyone else makes it seem so easy.
    omg stop!!!! I did both for 3 freaking years Kad.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    It's NOT easy. I vaped and smoked 5 cigs a day for a few years. Nothing wrong with that. There was a huge difference in the way I felt, but even with WTA I couldn't get rid of the last cig. I turned 53 last August, and developed pneumonia in my left lung. I couldn't afford to get sick because I broke my thumb the same year and had huge medical bills. So, I just said NO to the cigs. It was HARD. I was a total grouch and no one even looked at me for a week. The office "clown" had turned into a witch. :evil: People were actually AFRAID of me! I can laugh about it now, but there's a whole lot in cigarettes that you are addicted to other than nicotine. Pat yourself on the back for a great job. Quit the last cigs when you can. It's on YOUR timeline. No one else's.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    One last post --- I know I keep saying that. lol. Ms Atchaffy has a big mouth -- and keyboard abilities to match!
    Kad, dear, if you don't want to give those last cigs up, then DON'T. It's YOUR life and no one has the right to pressure you into quitting. I got really sick, so I gave them up. But before that I'd tell anyone that they could pry the last cig out of my cold, dead hand. :) When I see smokers, I still enjoy the fresh smell of smoke. My old lungs just cannot handle it anymore.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Nothing weak about that either. Dual user is not a derogatory term. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2013

Nic, yeah, that... I'm filling my freezer. It's the focus of this whole sorry mess and BT wants a monopoly on it by government fiat. In France the government owns the cigarette industry. I'm not so sure it's any different here, though maybe it's the other way around here...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread