Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Your right. I was speaking of battery companies, glass manufacturers, and such. Another words those companies don't have to comply with the PMTA individually, but when it's all together then it becomes a tobacco product. So if you want to buy a battery that's not a problem. So we should be able to get the parts for those of us who can put them all together without Gov't watching. At least that's what I getting out of it. But like I said I've been reading so much today my brain is scrambled! :confused: :D

Black Market here we come!!
Yup, Mods being made in Garages like the beginning! I wish I still had the first "Mod" I bought or even remember the name of it for that matter! I think I was around 19 so around 2009-2010 there was this website I ordered from where it was mainly just a few guys making Mechs out of whatever they could. I'm pretty sure now the one I had was a Clone of the Original Screwdriver mod made in Europe. Although it was A LOT uglier and the Tube was pretty much a Real Screwdriver Handle, looked just like a Translucent Yellow Screwdriver handle with the slots(Or whatever you call them that help you grip those old style handles(Yes, that does come out wrong lol) and Everything! And the Screwdriver shaft was a 510 Connection for the old Cartos! All the e-liquid for sale on that site came from China and every Flavor was named after a Cigarette or Cigar, Etc.

We will do that if we have too! I can't say im not an Outlaw already so what the hell will selling/buying some Vape Gear on the Black Market matter to me?

But that means the Government has beat us.. I'm not okay with that part..

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Nothing weak about that. The weak ones are the people like me, who hang out here and chat with y'all and pretend everything's great, all the while never admitting that I haven't quit smoking yet, not for longer than a couple days at a time anyway. So I'll admit it now, I'm a dual user still and having trouble ditching those last few cigs each day and feel embarrassed half the time on ECF cuz everyone else makes it seem so easy.
Please don't feel embarrassed, you have cut down and on a few a day right ? Your doing good Kad, I smoked 60 a day and I went back to smoking 3 times, I still think about them when I have alcohol, touch wood it's been over a year now but no one will say it's easy. You shouldn't pretend, there's no need to here and how can we help you if we don't know. Positive, a few a day is better than a few packets a day !
Sub ohm vaping and Capella custard put the final nail in the stinkies for me, they taste so disgusting now and make me feel sick but we are all different, don't worry Kad, you will get there !!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Not a hundred Pct sure yet but I believe the regs are just on devices. I have seen a couple of people say not juice but with 499 pages of goobledigoop, I'll wait until someone has read them and more importantly, understands them! Where are you in the Cape? I'm in the middle of the SW section.
My understanding is that juice is at the crux of it. It's the nicotine they seem to be going after more than anything. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my understanding. Devices too, but mostly nic.

Today is a sad day. I have stocked up on supplies, but what about all the "new" vapers trying to quit smoking? So disappointed.....:cry::(:cry::glug:
This is it precisely!!

I keep seeing posts all over telling people to "urge" or to "ask" their Congresscritters to support the bill (gah, I forget the number - 2058?) that delays the grandfathering date. To me this sounds like telling slaves to ask their masters to please not beat them as hard. Nobody listens to "urging" or "asking." We need to start DEMANDING. And WTH with just delaying the grandfathering date? We need to DEMAND they leave vaping alone!
I agree completely, but we have been demanding for years! At this point we have to urge them to support 2058 because this guy has this bill in the works. If it passes, the only way I know of to counteract it is to pass HR 2058.

All I have are about 10 vamos, 12 bcc tanks and a cubis. Need to get a reo like @Debadoo.
this is EXACTLY why I got Reos. I knew over a year ago it would take me a long time to get stocked up on everything, so I started then. I have a couple liters of nic in the freezer but need about 6 more liters. Approx 400.00 will get me everything I need, but that may as well be 4,000 in my situation. I'm hoping come July I can get about 1/2 of it, IF prices haven't gone beserk by then. I knew I had to be able to make my own coils and juice or else I may not be able to keep vaping.

I see lots of people "panic buying" and unless I'm completely misunderstanding, that is not necessary. The regs go into effect in 90 days. Anything not already on the market at that time is banned, but everything you guys are buying right now can still be manufactured and sold for 24 months after that.
I hope you're right, but as Lessifer said, even if that is the case, those still selling it could be drastically reduced, and prices could go nuts.

Nothing weak about that. The weak ones are the people like me, who hang out here and chat with y'all and pretend everything's great, all the while never admitting that I haven't quit smoking yet, not for longer than a couple days at a time anyway. So I'll admit it now, I'm a dual user still and having trouble ditching those last few cigs each day and feel embarrassed half the time on ECF cuz everyone else makes it seem so easy.
Do NOT feel bad hun!! The sorry part of all these regs on vaping is..........cigs will still be widely available!!! You'll quit the last few on your own time frame and we can help if you want with suggestions as to what worked for us.......or you won't quit the last few a day. Either way you greatly reduced the harm you're doing to your body!! That is something to be so proud of!! As we always say, don't focus on the cigs you smoke...........focus on the ones you don't smoke!!! Think how many you haven't smoked since you started vaping!!

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Do NOT feel bad hun!! The sorry part of all these regs on vaping is..........cigs will still be widely available!!! You'll quit the last few on your own time frame and we can help if you want with suggestions as to what worked for us.......or you won't quit the last few a day. Either way you greatly reduced the harm you're doing to your body!! That is something to be so proud of!! As we always say, don't focus on the cigs you smoke...........focus on the ones you don't smoke!!! Think how many you haven't smoked since you started vaping!!

This !! Well said Debatrue....
I'm glad you liked the Unicorn Milk, it is the real deal hey, mine has steeped for a month now, I still have 400ml of it, now it's time to pig out haha..

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
My understanding is that juice is at the crux of it. It's the nicotine they seem to be going after more than anything. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my understanding. Devices too, but mostly nic.

Too much money loss, that's basically what it is, the health organisations won't help either as they are annoyed that they don't control the "how to give up smoking", neither did they invent it, they are also losing money. For the first time in history, the "vapors" control it, as one big community and at zero cost. We are the voice, we are in control and that will not be tolerated.

Attack the source - Nicotine, regain profits, regain control.

It has been going on for hundreds of years - Big tobacco - legally funded drug dealers, it has never been about people's health, greed has always been at the source, just like how the kennedy's made their money, it was just called boot legging back then, the principle though, to this day is still the same.
I'm one of the fortunate ones that has enough stash to last a very very long time, they ain't controlling me but then again, the control is targeted at the poor or less well off folks, nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Too much money loss, that's basically what it is, the health organisations won't help either as they are annoyed that they don't control the "how to give up smoking", neither did they invent it, they are also losing money. For the first time in history, the "vapors" control it, as one big community and at zero cost. We are the voice, we are in control and that will not be tolerated.

Attack the source - Nicotine, regain profits, regain control.

It has been going on for hundreds of years - Big tobacco - legally funded drug dealers, it has never been about people's health, greed has always been at the source, just like how the kennedy's made their money, it was just called boot legging back then, the principle though, to this day is still the same.
precisely!! And as bad as I hate to say it much less think it...........they make way too much money off cancer drugs too

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Unfortunately, Debs.... it's significantly larger than that. EVERY new* product, regardless of nature, must pass through regulatory approval, at the projected (probably under-projected) cost of $330,000USD per product. One juice at four different strengths? That's 4 x 330,000.

The FDA’s Vaporous Thinking About E-Cigs

Not happy.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The money isn't in the cure, it's in the medicine...
jup!

Unfortunately, Debs.... it's significantly larger than that. EVERY new* product, regardless of nature, must pass through regulatory approval, at the projected (probably under-projected) cost of $330,000USD per product. One juice at four different strengths? That's 4 x 330,000.

The FDA’s Vaporous Thinking About E-Cigs

Not happy.
Oh I know......that was my point. But they're aren't focused on 0mg nic juice from what I understand. That's why I said it's the nic. It's many other things as well......but it's the nic that allows them to say it's all tobacco products. ie things that are designed to vaporize nic juice. It all relates back to the nic.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh I know......that was my point. But they're aren't focused on 0mg nic juice from what I understand. That's why I said it's the nic. It's many other things as well......but it's the nic that allows them to say it's all tobacco products. ie things that are designed to vaporize nic juice. It all relates back to the nic.

I guess you can say that, but it's basically because the states needed to stop the regression of tobacco sales. So, yes, in essence, it's about the nic.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
@Rixsta and @EmmA Ems forget the decking a start building on rooms.....or at least a bunkhouse.......according to Dr Farsalinos, y'all have a much better system in place, so we're all gonna come and move in with y'all!!

Funny, when I fell asleep on the couch yesterday, I actually dreamed I was in Britain on a visit! Premonition? :lol:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota

One of the quotes from the regs I read yesterday, amid the multitude jumble of things I read, said that zero nic juice would be reasonably expected to be used in a "tobacco product" (a tank on a mod, both of which are considered "tobacco products" because they're reasonably assumed to be used with nic juice), and therefore, zero-nic juice would also be considered a "tobacco product." So liquid that contains only VG, PG, and flavoring would be considered a "tobacco product." It's insane.

My old computer won't handle downloading a 500 page pdf document, so I'm having to glean bits of it here and there from what other people post. So take that with a grain of salt, but it seemed pretty clear to me that zero nic juice was in the crosshairs just as much as nic juice.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for posting this Dave.

Pleasure, Atch. There is still faint hope, in both HR 2058 and in the Agricultural Appropriations bill, but it would take an onslaught of calls at this point. Clicking on a petition is of no value at all.

If we truly WANT to win, we'll need to FIGHT to win.

As Jimmy Valvano once said... (y'all know it already, so...).

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Pleasure, Atch. There is still faint hope, in both HR 2058 and in the Agricultural Appropriations bill, but it would take an onslaught of calls at this point. Clicking on a petition is of no value at all.

If we truly WANT to win, we'll need to FIGHT to win.

As Jimmy Valvano once said... (y'all know it already, so...).
Correct oh wise one.

I really wish that people would stop posting petitions. They haven't worked, 3 have already gone to the White House. All they do is make people feel like they have done something, and take away from the need to actually call and personally contact the legislators.

Yes signing an online petition is far easier than calling, but it is NOT doing your part. Call. Have friends call. Call each of your senators and every representative from your state. Have your friends do it too. Have your family members from across the country do it. Anyone that has personally experienced the health benefits from vaping, and have witnessed your personal health improvement as a result of quitting smoking should be calling. It is the one thing that we can do as individuals.

In addition, EVERYONE who vapes should be a member of CASAA and Notblowingsmoke. Every B & M and online store should be a member of SFTA, AND should fund them. Are they the most effective, who knows, but right now they are what we have and they need our support. We need people who know people and know how to work the system doing work for vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread