Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
One of the quotes from the regs I read yesterday, amid the multitude jumble of things I read, said that zero nic juice would be reasonably expected to be used in a "tobacco product" (a tank on a mod, both of which are considered "tobacco products" because they're reasonably assumed to be used with nic juice), and therefore, zero-nic juice would also be considered a "tobacco product." So liquid that contains only VG, PG, and flavoring would be considered a "tobacco product." It's insane.

My old computer won't handle downloading a 500 page pdf document, so I'm having to glean bits of it here and there from what other people post. So take that with a grain of salt, but it seemed pretty clear to me that zero nic juice was in the crosshairs just as much as nic juice.
I did actually see that part.. Idk much more on unflavored though... Doesn't Sound good so far though..Need to finish reading that part..

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Correct oh wise one.

I really wish that people would stop posting petitions. They haven't worked, 3 have already gone to the White House. All they do is make people feel like they have done something, and take away from the need to actually call and personally contact the legislators.

Yes signing an online petition is far easier than calling, but it is NOT doing your part. Call. Have friends call. Call each of your senators and every representative from your state. Have your friends do it too. Have your family members from across the country do it. Anyone that has personally experienced the health benefits from vaping, and have witnessed your personal health improvement as a result of quitting smoking should be calling. It is the one thing that we can do as individuals.

In addition, EVERYONE who vapes should be a member of CASAA and Notblowingsmoke. Every B & M and online store should be a member of SFTA, AND should fund them. Are they the most effective, who knows, but right now they are what we have and they need our support. We need people who know people and know how to work the system doing work for vaping.
Well said. I'll see how many other people I can get to call. The problem is, I work for a school district so I'm the ONLY vaper in my building, and the people here don't "get it". When I mentioned the deeming regs yesterday, several said: " Well, just quit then. "
I'll see who I can snag though.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Well said. I'll see how many other people I can get to call. The problem is, I work for a school district so I'm the ONLY vaper in my building, and the people here don't "get it". When I mentioned the deeming regs yesterday, several said: " Well, just quit then. "
I'll see who I can snag though.

I have the same problem with my family, believe it or not. They were happy to hear I'd quit smoking, but when I said vaping was what had allowed me to quit, I got, "Oh. Well, that's the same thing now, isn't it?" You just can't talk to some people... I guess if you don't suffer, it doesn't count as quitting. :confused:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I have the same problem with my family, believe it or not. They were happy to hear I'd quit smoking, but when I said vaping was what had allowed me to quit, I got, "Oh. Well, that's the same thing now, isn't it?" You just can't talk to some people... I guess if you don't suffer, it doesn't count as quitting. :confused:
That's better than than your family telling you its 10 times more harmfum than a Cigarette.. lol Took me years to teach them all that Propaganda was BS! :rolleyes:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
That's better than than your family telling you its 10 times more harmfum than a Cigarette.. lol Took me years to teach them all that Propaganda was BS! :rolleyes:

Yeah, there is that. ;) It's still hard. I'm so HAPPY I was able to quit an unquittable habit, and they think I "still smoke." They all quit smoking The Hard Way, so either I'm cheating, or I'm still "smoking." Fine.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
The money isn't in the cure, it's in the medicine...
How right you are, Rixy.
A note for those that never thought about it, but there is no doctor or pharmacist (chemist in England) on the planet today who even remotely plans to "cure" you of any physical problem you might have. Hey, if you get cured, you won't come back next month to bring them more money. It's the same with all governments... their agencies plan to take you for every penny they can and keep sucking you dry to even after death (inheritance taxes). The fix? Major revolution. But even that only works short term until the "new" government realizes they too can rape the masses.
Sigh...

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Yea I hear ya Lannie. My cousin said the same thing back in March. It's just ignorance.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
@Rixsta and @EmmA Ems forget the decking a start building on rooms.....or at least a bunkhouse.......according to Dr Farsalinos, y'all have a much better system in place, so we're all gonna come and move in with y'all!!

Funny, when I fell asleep on the couch yesterday, I actually dreamed I was in Britain on a visit! Premonition? :lol:
Your more than welcome, we don't need to build rooms, Emma's house is empty ha.
Got my Isub S today, I'll be posting my thoughts on Sunday as I have my parents down tomorrow.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Geez.
How right you are, Rixy.
A note for those that never thought about it, but there is no doctor or pharmacist (chemist in England) on the planet today who even remotely plans to "cure" you of any physical problem you might have. Hey, if you get cured, you won't come back next month to bring them more money. It's the same with all governments... their agencies plan to take you for every penny they can and keep sucking you dry to even after death (inheritance taxes). The fix? Major revolution. But even that only works short term until the "new" government realizes they too can rape the masses.
Sigh...
And unfortunately it seems "common sense" has gone out the window.
Well, got a lot done today at work. It was a very productive day, so I think I'll take the weekend off. lol
You guys have a GREAT weekend! I may just get a "wild hair" and take off to my friend's ranch. 600 acres of cows, horses and wild things. lol

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Your more than welcome, we don't need to build rooms, Emma's house is empty ha.
Got my Isub S today, I'll be posting my thoughts on Sunday as I have my parents down tomorrow.
Cool! I'll be there in 3 years........lol
Yes, and post pics of the deck as well. Enjoy the visit and tell Ems howdy from Texas. Got my Texas Pug avi rounding up the cattle going on. lol

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Correct oh wise one.

I really wish that people would stop posting petitions. They haven't worked, 3 have already gone to the White House. All they do is make people feel like they have done something, and take away from the need to actually call and personally contact the legislators.

Yes signing an online petition is far easier than calling, but it is NOT doing your part. Call. Have friends call. Call each of your senators and every representative from your state. Have your friends do it too. Have your family members from across the country do it. Anyone that has personally experienced the health benefits from vaping, and have witnessed your personal health improvement as a result of quitting smoking should be calling. It is the one thing that we can do as individuals.

In addition, EVERYONE who vapes should be a member of CASAA and Notblowingsmoke. Every B & M and online store should be a member of SFTA, AND should fund them. Are they the most effective, who knows, but right now they are what we have and they need our support. We need people who know people and know how to work the system doing work for vaping.
I don't really want to argue, but I feel the need to respond.

As someone who has been running a change petition for a long time now, with almost 55,000 signatures to date, petitions CAN have some merit.

There is as little evidence of "slacktivism" where someone will feel they've done all they need to do because they clicked on one online petition, as there is of harm from second hand vapor. Are there people who won't do more than click a button? Sure, but they likely wouldn't do more anyways. For most people, it gets them thinking. I've been using the petition to send out regular updates about everything going on with vaping, including sending out calls to action, surveys, and information. Each of those updates potentially reaches 50,000 people who may or may not otherwise see them.

Do I think the petition will convince congress to overturn the deeming? Probably not. It's worth a shot though, right?

The We The People petitions to the white house, well, the OMB/OIRA was a white house review, so I think we know the administrations stance.

Yesterday I re-sent the HR 2058 CTA out through an update.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
In order to be able to effectively fight, you must first understand what you are fighting. Many made the claim that vaping saves lives and they are right, but that doesn't matter in this fight. Many have also made the claim that because of vaping millions upon millions will be saved from heath issues and that also is true and it also doesn't matter in this fight.
This fight is primarily about revenues, both for big tobacco, big pharma and our government and the FDA regulations is the tools they will use to fight us. Face it peeps, both BT and BP has lost billions if not more because of vaping and they are more than willing to grease as many palms as it take to prevent any more from joining the vaping craze. I am a prime example of what they want to prevent. When I smoked I burned 2 plus cartons a week at $50 a carton. For the sake of argument lets say that worked out to around 10 cartons a month or $500. My understanding was about half that went to taxes so $250/mo taxes and $250/month to BT or $3K/yr to taxes and $3K a year to BT. Now that is serious money lost by both the government and the tobacco industry. If 100 people like me did the same thing and quit smoking with vaping then that is $300K a year loss to both taxes and the tobacco industry. See why our government is more than willing to turn the FDA loose on the vaping community.
Yet that is just part of the equation. The tobacco settlement of 1999 guaranteed each state a payout yearly for so many years of an amount dependent on how many smokers they had/how many cigs each state sold. Pretty much every single state sold bonds against future payouts. Instead of waiting for the money, they got greedy. Now the tobacco settlement payout is far lower than expected and it is the vaping industry that is getting the blame for this. States are defaulting on the bonds they sold and are having to come up with the cash for them because not enough people still smoke.

See yall, it does not matter that vaping has given millions of people the chance to quit smoking and live a longer healthier life. What matters is the loss of revenues. Now that it is understood, what can be done about it. Simply this. Contact each representative you have be it city, county/parish, state and federal and tell them in no uncertain terms that if they support the FDA in this then you will personally do everything in your power to ensure they do not hold a public office again. That is the only thing they fear.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I really do not care what others think of my vaping, flatulence, haircut, etc.
They don't like it they can kiss my old .....

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I really do not care what others think of my vaping, flatulence, haircut, etc.
They don't like it they can kiss my old .....

Or your smelly feet? lol!
Well, can't take off for fun this weekend. :( Found out starting next weekend I'm working the rest of Saturday's through May.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I found a drawback to rebuilding the stock iSub coils. The rubber insulators. One got torn (or it cracked from age, these things are 8 or 9 months old now and have been in constant use the whole time), and the "inside" coil leg was touching the outside barrel, so it was reading 0.00 ohms. Dead short. So Rich just ordered me half a dozen of the RBAs.

I really, REALLY hate to throw anything away, and this seems like such a simple little thing (the rubber insulator), but I have no clue how to go about searching for replacements. Does anyone know if such a thing might be available somewhere? Or would it only be available to Innokin to make the original coils with?

I'd contact one of the Innokin people, but I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate me trying to rebuild stock coils instead of buying new ones. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread