Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Only you could notice that !
Hmmm... I would have thought that anyone who has ever drawn/drafted in CAD would have seen the error The Boden caught. I just didn't think it was important enough to comment on at the time. Oh well...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
No, no, a much cheaper solution. Place a quarter at each corner on top of your speakers. You'll see how the sound stage expands and the midrange smooths out.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Silver dollars. 1976, Denver. For that rocky mountain feeling :)

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Now you know that Cable Elevators make the audio more focused.
Cable%20Isolators%20Visual%20Instructions1.gif

If I had a pair of Wilson Audio Alexandria's or MBL 101's, I'd use every snake oil product too... :w00t: :hubba: :drool:

Look like Thiel speakers. Almost went to work for them but Mr Thiel (RIP) did not like being corrected about the physics of acoustic centers. Basically the snake oil behind his entire design career.

that's what I'm askin you, if it needs to, apparently not. Just figgered if you were making it glow why leave part of it out :p

The ends will never get as hot as the middle half. It's a function of mutual heating.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hmmm... I would have thought that anyone who has ever drawn/drafted in CAD would have seen the error The Boden caught. I just didn't think it was important enough to comment on at the time. Oh well...
Not me lol

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I have found that the best home theater system is the one thats on sale when I need a new one.

Tools are a rabbit hole though. Few years ago I got the latest whiz bang dovetail jig. Annoyed alot of wood learning its ways. Then for awhile everything I built had some dovetails in it. Then I put it on a high shelf and I bet I ain't cut a DT in 15 years, Few years ago when the flood destroyed my shop everything I liked and used was stored at eye level or below and was garbage. Every stupid new toy I "had to have" was stored up high and survived.

Like the TFV4 that followed me home today will end up I'm sure. I had a TFV4 when they came out and didn't like it. Now I'm in love with the 8 but the 4 still doesn't impress me.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Few years ago when the flood destroyed my shop everything I liked and used was stored at eye level or below and was garbage. Every stupid new toy I "had to have" was stored up high and survived.
that stinks!

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
that stinks!

Its why I'm so hooked on collecting vape stuff.

Before when I bought something I was out a grand and a semi was backing up to my shop. Now I spend 30 bucks and a little envolope comes. I get the same rush from each.

Some day I will end up at RA meetings (Rixsta Anonymous) but today ain't that day!!!!

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I will end up at RA meetings (Rixsta Anonymous)
Hey, Cooler, did you copyright that or can the rest of us start using it? (I need to send Lannie to these meetings)
Interesting that RA is also my initials: Rich Amber :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Look like Thiel speakers. Almost went to work for them but Mr Thiel (RIP) did not like being corrected about the physics of acoustic centers. Basically the snake oil behind his entire design career.
They do indeed look like the CS series.

You good sir, never cease to amaze. Where you ever involved with Magnepan or Martin Logan?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
They do indeed look like the CS series.

You good sir, never cease to amaze. Where you ever involved with Magnepan or Martin Logan?
Nope. Never messed with electrostatic but I really like the idea. I have worked on some non-Newtonian damped flat panal servo driven full range (80-18Khz). But that's a secret ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread