Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've been playing DIY since I hit on a juice I really like. Made up the same juice in a 12 mg, 6 mg, and 3 mg nic 70/30 VG. The 12 for my Merlin and Bellus, 6 in the Crius, and 3 in the Limitless+. Results? Exactly what you'd predict. Best flavor intensity went to my Bellus (Merlin had something else in I didn't want to dump), middle of the pack the Crius, and biggest cloud the L+. There. the wheel reinvented.

I was surprised the L+ seemed a little better flavor wise over the Crius, but I was having some bouncy resistance issues going on in the Crius so not fair until I replace those coils. Now I can't decide which to reach for.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I don't know that tank I just assumed it was single coil. Pretty sure its a low airflow whick in my opinion begs for thin wire. Though I did have a 22ga vertical in a Kayfun 4 once that vaped nice.

I may try that 22ga build for the limitless. 22ga is tough for me to roll. Leather gloves help a ton.
24 is bad enough, 22... Leather gloves and pliers.

Airflow is about the same as the KFv5, hurricane is a touch more open

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
How long do you have to wait for the coil to come up to full temp? Serious question.

I prolly won't get them in until tomorrow.

Its on a 250w mod so I guess as fast as I want. The TFV8 must has quite a mass of wire and its full steam ahead in about .0000001 of a second.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Being able to handle the higher wattages I've noticed is a case by case thing. Gotta keep that air moving for things get hot.

Rixstas setups would choke me out like a school girl.

My setups choke others out.

My wife hits things long and gentle. At a 100w's things get to hot with that style and it makes her cough.

Things are made to run a certian way and if not used that way won't work as intended.

Not long ago someone was telling me a tank I have is crap even at 50w. 50w??? So I turned mine down to 50 and it was crap. Cause it doesn't come alive until 75w.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
On the topic of higher powered builds, when dealing with a tank like the L+, is there really any benefit to setting it up for TC? The tank will suck up all kinds of power, and it's not exactly the kind of tank you're likely to get dry hits on. I do notice on a long puff it can start to get a bit hot towards the end, and sure, TC would prevent that, but would it really improve the performance or just be a sorta placebo effect on this style tank?

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Honestly TC is for old school stuff. I haven't had a dry hit in FOREVER. To dry hit a L+ you'd have to be well into double digits.

I got the 22ga at .29 in the L+ now.

This is a serious build. I had triple parallels in it at .3 and it worked well.

But she's a whole nutter kettle of fish now. WOW!!!!

The juice I'm using is one drop per 30ml so about .00000005%. Just a hit of watermelon.

With the 22 build its like a watermelon EXPLOSION. Think Gallagher in your mouth.

75w seems to be about right. The triple parallels chucked some clouds but this is nutz. Any number I give would be a guess but 5 or 10 times the cloudz and flavor seems about right.

Gonna have some fun with this beast.

Got that 25mm Gemini coming. Wonder if I can make that work with 22.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
On the topic of higher powered builds, when dealing with a tank like the L+, is there really any benefit to setting it up for TC? The tank will suck up all kinds of power, and it's not exactly the kind of tank you're likely to get dry hits on. I do notice on a long puff it can start to get a bit hot towards the end, and sure, TC would prevent that, but would it really improve the performance or just be a sorta placebo effect on this style tank?
I only use TC while I'm learning how to wick a new tank. Even then I'll set the limiter above the temp the wire hits in operation. That way the limiter only kicks in if I've done something wrong. After a tank full or so I go back to VW.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Being able to handle the higher wattages I've noticed is a case by case thing. Gotta keep that air moving for things get hot.

Rixstas setups would choke me out like a school girl.

My setups choke others out.

My wife hits things long and gentle. At a 100w's things get to hot with that style and it makes her cough.

Things are made to run a certian way and if not used that way won't work as intended.

Not long ago someone was telling me a tank I have is crap even at 50w. 50w??? So I turned mine down to 50 and it was crap. Cause it doesn't come alive until 75w.
Agreed with one caveat. Big air tanks seem to need a high mass coil that produces enough hot air for some flavors to shine. A low mass wide cool coil at 100W in the L+ will produce silly amounts of vapor but because of all the air I'm pulling combined with a coil that doesn't really heat that air, the flavor may not work.

Many variables in this equation.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
While munching on breakfast I was thinking about the extremes of my little test. I'd rather test 24ga than 32ga at 66.6W. This puzzled me. Then I realized it was a survival instinct. The 24ga test will proably take a relatively long time to get through 5mL. Plenty of time for my lungs to deal with that much VG. The 32ga test would be over in minutes comparatively and I'd be laying on the floor gasping for air.

I think some sort of sense memory lingers from that quad 32ga build I put in the limitless. At 110W that was evaporating 0.25mL per puff.

Not doing that again.

Last edited:

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Bought a TFV4 awhile ago and have to say I been enjoying the heck out of it. I had one one when they came out and didn't care for it. The newer coils really brought me around but I won't buy any just enjoyed using the one it came with.

Its been a great tank for work cause I can get my nic on in short time.

But like all good things the coil had joy, it had fun but ..................... at any rate its dead.

So I pull out the RBA. Now they have several of these as well and mine is like RCA or somesuch. Its a single clapton at .8 Doesn't really sound like my thing right?? So I pack her with rayon and take a puff, low and slow so 25w. Well I'll be dammed it my mouth didn't fill with flavor and this MASSIVE cloud came out. I'm talking 100w cloudz bro. Settled in a 30w and she's a chuckin. Never seen a tank preform like this at 30w.

TFV4 I take back all the bad things I said.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
At work now and backing off on that tfv4 build.

Its still a great desk build but out in the world the reduced air and power make it hard to get enough nic.

Gemini called back out. Now this is nic.

Would you believe that RCA even comes with a reducer?? Must be a KFL at that point.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks for the congrats, and congrats to you on the Eagle Tank (not sure what that is, but congrats). We go to Anna Marie Island all the time, if we cant stay, we just day trip, Love OMA's Pizza :thumb:, only about a 2 hour drive. :D Going for 3 nights this time, and I have enough vape gear for 2 to 3 weeks :facepalm: But we are in packing mode and ready to go.
Yeah I don't know nuttin bout the Eagle either. Hmmm didn't see Oma's. We went a couple times, but mostly just went to the water. Just down for a few hours each day. We were in Bradenton, so we were right there close.

and his reply was "Congrats again, got your address and will tell you the tracking number"
I got the same email, but he never did send me the tracking number. I know it's coming on Monday cuz DHL called with an automated msg.

I've been playing DIY since I hit on a juice I really like.
what kinda profile? Care to share your recipe?

The juice I'm using is one drop per 30ml so about .00000005%. Just a hit of watermelon.

With the 22 build its like a watermelon EXPLOSION. Think Gallagher in your mouth.
Which watermelon do you use?
I'd rather test 24ga than 32ga at 66.6W.
Told you not to use those watts!!!

Trying to decide which mod to get for my seventh vaperversary.
Happy Vapeversary!!!!! What day is it?

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread