Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It happens. Especially when one sets it to "auto login" and the other doesn't. Makes for some interesting posts sometimes. Happens on PCs, too.

Which is why I live by the rule of ctrl+alt+del whenever I leave my machine after my dog sent some really funky emails to her friends under my name.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I think I've been pretty open about my love affair with the kayfun 5.

But since I built the Mini I haven't touched the full sized.

Seeing it sit there all alone I felt bad. So I picked it up. First thought was what a cow.

Second thought was where's the flavor??

The Mini is back in the saddle.

I'd rate my current tootle puffers from worst to best.

Kay5- its ok. Good performer. Low flavor. Easy to build. Extreme low airflow even wide open.

Merlin. Great tank. Decent flavor. Stupid easy to build. Better air the Kay5 but still extremely restricted.

Kay 5 Mini. Best. Still restricted airflow but slightly better then both the above. Easy to build. Flavor jumps out at you and it doesn't look ......ed.

I would pay good money for a authentic Mini but its clone only. Might get more when they return to FT.
They have the mini at 3F

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Made a new cap for the velocity deck. Perfect at 35W
image.jpeg

Oh yea, liking the RX2/3 :thumb:

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Cute little shorty guy :). Need to make a better tip. That one's too clunky.
View attachment 601539

You didn't see the note either??

I guess we are pulling out again.

Stay turned cause it will be something different tomorrow.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
It's built very well. No machine oil on it. A quick rinse and that was it. The threads are nice and smooth. THe juice control and the airflow are a little tricky. Just turning the tank controls the juice flow. With the air flow the tank needs to be on the mod. If you turn it off the mod both the juice control and the airflow move. The bottom of the base is 24.5mm and it bumps out to 26mm the rest of the way.

The thing I like about both of these 2 is that the bells have a conical design so the flavor is better than the flat top bell. So far I'm liking it. It won't take the place of my Boreas but I haven't built a dual coil yet so I can't answer that yet. I bought it because I wanted a single build with good airflow. Time will tell I guess.

What kinda coil are you running in the Cthulhu?? I want one for the same reason the single build and airflow that will get me where my single coil Derringer was. I FINALLY picked up a V2 on clearance at Eciggity last month and had the worst experience with it and replaced it with a Kayfun 5 clone two weeks after I got it. It was perfect when it worked but mine has trouble keeping wicked even after I got the wicking done exactly how you're supposed to, and even without the completely worthless JFC ring in it. I really wanted to give the V3 a shot but I was told in one of the Cthulhu threads that I have to start doing like huge coils just to get flavor out of it (I vape unflavored anyways).. Not into all the twisty stapled clapton crap, I just wanna keep building my normal 7 wrap 2.5mm 26ga coils and vape hehe. I really want an atty with Cthulhu on it, even bought a VT75 a couple days ago to accommodate for its diameter (it would look really funny on a Sig Spark), but still not sure about it. Everyone Ive talked to that has one is running it with duals.. I can see needing ALOT of surface area for the velocity deck cause of how big it is, but the single doesn't look much different than it always has. I tried the dual deck on the V2 once, and watched it suck down a whole tank along with a fairly fresh battery in less than an hour at 40w.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Custom Hand painted Darkside Hammond box mod 1590N1
DNA 250 board
2A USB Charging
Custom made by MaxAmps 3s3p 4500mah Lipo battery (biggest ever in a mod ? Probably !)
Mitec 16mm fire button
Smooth 30mm variable 510

It's hard to get nice pics as the finish is like a sheet of glass, it's had 5 coats of Klear extreme wet sparkle applied, it reflects everything, the sun hit it yesterday and nearly burnt my eye balls out haha..

You only realize just what a beast this is when you put it next to the HexOhm V3 with the Boreas on, then you get the OMG reaction :)

It's also the first mod that came with instructions on how to look after the paintwork, it says, use a car wax product, that made me chuckle.

What is surprising is it's actually pretty light for it's size, easy to hold, impossible to put in your pocket, lighter than the HoG...

The biggest most powerful DNA 250 box mod on the planet ? I'd say so........as the kids would say, man that's sick..borderline crazy but it is beautiful.

Pure Darkside vaping :eek:

2hnauk1.jpg

1t8vvc.jpg

2udu9vt.jpg

33fg4jl.jpg

10i7a5f.jpg

Now ya get it ! LOL

msc0eb.jpg

Battery Life anyone :)

2mni3x2.jpg

That was confusing Eskie, she always used my phone, then it posted as her LOL

OK back on planet earth, I will let you know when I charge it :confused:

Wow, that is really nice! Heavy, but nice. Hope you enjoy it :)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
What kinda coil are you running in the Cthulhu?? I want one for the same reason the single build and airflow that will get me where my single coil Derringer was. I FINALLY picked up a V2 on clearance at Eciggity last month and had the worst experience with it and replaced it with a Kayfun 5 clone two weeks after I got it. It was perfect when it worked but mine has trouble keeping wicked even after I got the wicking done exactly how you're supposed to, and even without the completely worthless JFC ring in it. I really wanted to give the V3 a shot but I was told in one of the Cthulhu threads that I have to start doing like huge coils just to get flavor out of it (I vape unflavored anyways).. Not into all the twisty stapled clapton crap, I just wanna keep building my normal 7 wrap 2.5mm 26ga coils and vape hehe. I really want an atty with Cthulhu on it, even bought a VT75 a couple days ago to accommodate for its diameter (it would look really funny on a Sig Spark), but still not sure about it. Everyone Ive talked to that has one is running it with duals.. I can see needing ALOT of surface area for the velocity deck cause of how big it is, but the single doesn't look much different than it always has. I tried the dual deck on the V2 once, and watched it suck down a whole tank along with a fairly fresh battery in less than an hour at 40w.

I only have this since Monday so I'm still trying to find the best coil for it. I have a 7 wrap, 3.5ID,
22ga SS316L coming in around 0.25 ohms. The flavor is OK not like my Boreas but it's good. I want to put some different coils in it to see which work best. Your right about the juice control. I think the slots are a little too small. It's not that I get any dry hits it just seems that the wick should be more saturated. I need more time with it. I haven't built a dual yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread