TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
If I check that build in steam engine it says 11 wraps. ::shrugz::
Are you using the wire wizard?
Wire wizard

When I put your coil specs into the Wizard for a twisted 28g SS316 7/6 on 2mm, it gives me a resistance of 0.44 Ω per coil depending on the pitch of the twist.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Absolutely! I use it in power mode most of the time. What gauge did you get Mikey?
In SS316L I believe I ordered 26g and 28g.. I already have some SS430. Have(Well had) in a KF4 at 1ohm, I mainly ran in Power Mode as TC is wonky, and I need to tweak it some(The KF4).. I haven't done much building lately, gathering info on other rta's to try it out on..

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
In SS316 I believe I ordered 26g and 28g.. I already have some SS430. Have(Well had) in a KF4 at 1ohm, I mainly ran in Power Mode as TC is wonky, and I need to tweak it some(The KF4).. I haven't done much building lately, gathering info on other rta's to try it out on..
Those are the same 2 316L SS I ordered.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
In SS316 I believe I ordered 26g and 28g.. I already have some SS430. Have(Well had) in a KF4 at 1ohm, I mainly ran in Power Mode as TC is wonky, and I need to tweak it some(The KF4).. I haven't done much building lately, gathering info on other rta's to try it out on..
You can twist up that SS430 quite nicely as well, I have a coil of it in my Undead right now. :vapor:

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Are you using the wire wizard?
Wire wizard

When I put your coil specs into the Wizard for a twisted 28g SS316 7/6 on 2mm, it gives me a resistance of 0.44 Ω per coil depending on the pitch of the twist.
I was using this. Just now for the first time. I'm comfortable building and never needed it.
Coil wrapping

Yep twisteds are a bit difficult to calculate.
Yepper. I usually only twist 28g and above. Vapes fairly efficient.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Congrats Lannie, someone probably told you coils are not hard.
Don't worry if you a tiny bit off in resistance.

A VW mod keeps the wattage constant regardless of resistance. (Assuming the resistance is not to low or high to fire.)

I'm still trying to find the right wattage for it, so it "feels" like the .5 ohm coils at 35 watts. I think 40 is where it wants to be, but the only mods I have that will run 40 (AS FAR AS I KNOW) are my Disrupters. I really like my little Evic mini for carting around with me, but it's only a single 18650 battery, and I thought those weren't supposed to run 40W or higher. I could be wrong, that's just some tidbit of minutiae rattling around in the dusty recesses of my brain. It's just something about 40W being the limit on a single battery, and then there's another tidbit that says something about not pushing a battery at its upper limit all the time, so even if I set the Evic (or one of the others) at 40, I'd be "pushing the upper limit," right?

I have several mods now besides the Disrupters, but they're all single-18650 mods. The Disrupter, being an internal battery that goes up to 50W, seems like the only one I should run this on (?). Or is that ALL wrong? If not, I'm gonna have to figure out how to build these coils down to .5 ohms or so. (The Disrupter prolly has a single 18650 sealed in that Innokincell, doesn't it? :lol: )

It can spit hot juice if you over saturate the coil itself. I run that stapled Clapton at 55W, wicked with Rayon it will hold 35 drops from a regular 30ml PTFE bottle nozzle. I drip on the coil through the DT and leave it sit a few minutes to let the wick saturate fully. I only get spit back when there is too much raw juice sitting on top of the coil, like if you drip then vape immediately.

Spaced coils will also spit more than contact coils.

I can't remember which type I put in the Stumpy. It was a premade coil that came with it. I *think* it's a contact coil, but it's not sitting right here and I don't remember. But I will remember what you said about the amount of juice and having the coil be a contact coil (if I can manage that! LOL!).

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I'm still trying to find the right wattage for it, so it "feels" like the .5 ohm coils at 35 watts. I think 40 is where it wants to be, but the only mods I have that will run 40 (AS FAR AS I KNOW) are my Disrupters. I really like my little Evic mini for carting around with me, but it's only a single 18650 battery, and I thought those weren't supposed to run 40W or higher. I could be wrong, that's just some tidbit of minutiae rattling around in the dusty recesses of my brain. It's just something about 40W being the limit on a single battery, and then there's another tidbit that says something about not pushing a battery at its upper limit all the time, so even if I set the Evic (or one of the others) at 40, I'd be "pushing the upper limit," right?

I have several mods now besides the Disrupters, but they're all single-18650 mods. The Disrupter, being an internal battery that goes up to 50W, seems like the only one I should run this on (?). Or is that ALL wrong? If not, I'm gonna have to figure out how to build these coils down to .5 ohms or so. (The Disrupter prolly has a single 18650 sealed in that Innokincell, doesn't it? :lol: )

I can't remember which type I put in the Stumpy. It was a premade coil that came with it. I *think* it's a contact coil, but it's not sitting right here and I don't remember. But I will remember what you said about the amount of juice and having the coil be a contact coil (if I can manage that! LOL!).
You can run the Evic VTC Mini at 40W no problem as long as you have a good 20A CDR battery! It just wont last as long.. ;)

Edit* For a Single 18650 Mod, I would say you can go to 60W Max safely..

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
what I meant was RICH does not have to drop a bunch of money on new coils
:) Amazing, isn't it, how much RICH so closely resembles RCH... when I first read this line, I was wondering who/what was buying what.... :)
Oh well...

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA

To me .57 or .5 would feel the same if the wattage was the same, ymmv.
40 watts is safe for a decent (Samsung or LG)18650 battery, many go higher without incident. I push mine to a wicked 10 watts some days. :lol:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You can run the Evic VTC Mini at 40W no problem as long as you have a good 20A CDR battery! It just wont last as long.. ;)

Edit* For a Single 18650 Mod, I would say you can go to 60W Max safely..
Yeah maybe even 75 with a good 20 amp CDR battery. Of course it won't keep up 75 watts very olong. Will be sucked down fast at 75 watts with a single 18650.
I recommend a dual 18650 mod for anyone going over 50 watts much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread