Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
OK, got a little more time to explain the hold up for the mod.

I'm having it polished with 9 different grades of git, from 1500 to 12000, then some resistance wax is going to be applied. The cost of this is extra of course and what's taking the time. Asmodus stopped halfway through the process and for the money, well yeah, it should be better but it is what it is.

It will be a fine example when it's finished, may as well get the job done properly.

Can't wait to see it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
OK, got a little more time to explain the hold up for the mod.

I'm having it polished with 9 different grades of git, from 1500 to 12000, then some resistance wax is going to be applied. The cost of this is extra of course and what's taking the time. Asmodus stopped halfway through the process and for the money, well yeah, it should be better but it is what it is.

It will be a fine example when it's finished, may as well get the job done properly.

Can't wait to see it.

Really? It's not like they're trying to hit a low price point. For that money it should be properly finished. Sure, there are stabilized wood mods out there for more, but $300-350 is still a premium to pay. I'm sure it'll look great when you're done, or they're done.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Really? It's not like they're trying to hit a low price point. For that money it should be properly finished. Sure, there are stabilized wood mods out there for more, but $300-350 is still a premium to pay. I'm sure it'll look great when you're done, or they're done.

Yeah the guy assures me it will be a glass like finish on the wood and resin instead of the dull finish that they all have, you can even see the machine marks in the resin, they will be all gone too.

Your right though, for all the hard work that goes into making them, they don't finish them off, crazy, another 2 or three hours work could of made all the difference.

While it's a apart, I'm having some thicker gauge wire put in as well, I've heard that's junk too..

With that said, the Minikin V2 is still one of my favorite mods so to me, it's worth it.

Considering the price of it, it cost one months smokes (me and the ex wife)......so yeah, it's more expensive than a lot of mods but at least I get to keep it :)

The resin on this mod, I've not seen on any other one and it was love at first sight :wub::rolleyes:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oooh... ahhhhh

Yeah, I'm posting this everywhere. So far, it's that good.

The T-Priv, OTOH...The board is fine... the lights are purty... the finish, disappointing (ordered stainless, got silver paint)... it's likely one of the least comfortable mods I own.
b7d09c4dc59e3d09026c11f1ea282dc1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
dat is purdy, but yeah I'm in the wouldn't like the weight of it group. Glad you love it though!

I know this was a mod and tank, (took me a bit to remember that much), but don't recall what you said about it, or what kind it was......so....... yay ya got a new one??? hehehe

I'm seriously considering a Rebel sqounker..
Wanna try squonkin first?? :facepalm:

and the wood is sort of purple,
kewlios! Can't wait to see the pics when they get it all purdy'd up!

Ooh ooh... the resin based Firelukes...

Might get one to match perfectly, and if you don't like the vape, convert it into a teensy tinsy gumball machine and recoup your money lol
7f8805a2165b5088cd481316be6adfae.jpg

lmao they do look like that.

Posted today in my FB vape group from a local user.
View attachment 672597
yipes.........what izzit? wuzzit?? and kad or whoever said Red Skelton......great name. might have to rename my red grand that. I loved him so much!

I'm old. Not death bed old but old enough that if I fall down people rush to my aid instead of laughing about it.
welcome to another great thread of looney but great peeps.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    yipes.........what izzit? wuzzit?? and kad or whoever said Red Skelton......great name. might have to rename my red grand that. I loved him so much!
    It used to be a Wismec ES300
    The ES stands for Exo Skeleton. And I want(ed) one in red. Thus the punny nickname if I owned one.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Yeah the guy assures me it will be a glass like finish on the wood and resin instead of the dull finish that they all have, you can even see the machine marks in the resin, they will be all gone too.

Your right though, for all the hard work that goes into making them, they don't finish them off, crazy, another 2 or three hours work could of made all the difference.

While it's a apart, I'm having some thicker gauge wire put in as well, I've heard that's junk too..

With that said, the Minikin V2 is still one of my favorite mods so to me, it's worth it.

Considering the price of it, it cost one months smokes (me and the ex wife)......so yeah, it's more expensive than a lot of mods but at least I get to keep it :)

The resin on this mod, I've not seen on any other one and it was love at first sight :wub::rolleyes:

Yeah, if I compare a pack and a half a day at $12-13 a pack, I could buy a new DNA mod a week. If I saved it up for a month I could pay for my monthly garage. NY really sucks.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Pretty nice deal. I can't tell if I like the blend in buttons or would rather have a metal button with the wood design as an offset. I recall reading that the Chinese manufacturers were looking to getting into stabilized wood at a lower price point, and that does seem to now be the case.
    A while back I believe it was Kanger who released a DNA 75 stabilized wood for just around $100. no idea how it sold or what happened with it.

Rixy, photos of your new mod when you get home!

I seen this awhile back and thought it was an odd marriage o_O o_O
    upload_2017-7-17_15-12-23.png

:evil:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    What do you mean updating the tracking info page every 2 minutes doesn't make delivery faster?

lol just sign up for delivery text alert, and try to forget about it :rolleyes:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Deeeeeelivery... I'd be deeeeelited if I were at home...
    0e89003329e5b188c41072df956c956c.jpg
    800a4097e152ae20a0d594e9b8be41d4.jpg
    1e40305f2630054cec0903e31d09e569.jpg

Me likey the Rig Mod. But, was that on your approved color list you posted the other day?;)

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    @Shawn Hoefer

A rainbow Minikin, nice.

I would be interested to know if the battery door moves a lot, I've noticed that the non rubberised finish ones have more battery door movement.

My gold one was terrible, just holding it to vape it would move about, I sent it back.

The blue one I had was also the same.

That is one thing with the Kodama, it has eliminated the problem. Rather an expensive fix though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread