Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I'd seen a couple other people mention issues with the fire button on the Drone. Enough to scratch it off my wishlist. Though honestly I mostly just liked the looks. I almost exclusively use my Coppervapes, even though I have a couple of regulated squonkers.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Isn't it the same fire button as on all lost vape mods? I never heard of the fire button breaking on any of the others, but I don't follow squonking enough to know any differences in construction. I have several of their mods, some coming up on close to a year, without a button failure. I'm really curious now if there's some problem I might face down the road.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Isn't it the same fire button as on all Lost Vape mods? I never heard of the fire button breaking on any of the others, but I don't follow squonking enough to know any differences in construction. I have several of their mods, some coming up on close to a year, without a button failure. I'm really curious now if there's some problem I might face down the road.
    I don't know about breaking specifically but I have seem reports on various Lost Vape mods related to fire button issues. The most frequent seems to be sticking.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    droneresize.jpg

If you look at the right side you can see the button mount. Thin plastic, about the thickness of a toofpick. On the left side you cannot see it. This is because its broken. When it breaks the button sticks under the front plate and creates a very bad situation. When mine stuck I brunt the piss out of my lips from a very hot RDA. I finished the day by popping second battery in, take a vape, remove battery, rinse and repeat.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    I don't know about breaking specifically but I have seem reports on various Lost Vape mods related to fire button issues. The most frequent seems to be sticking.
    problem is actually A+B=C but most people don't take them apart to see why.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I saw the spindly button bezel when I had my Drone apart. Mine had one stripped top plate screw from the factory causing seepage around the base of the 510. I ran a tap down through all three and put new SS cap screws in.

Should be an easy fix by making a pad out of dense foam to put between the button and the switch. A little double face tape and your good to go!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I picked up a buddy's old Dovpo GX-200 yesterday, it's a parallel box that runs like a regulated mod in ByPass mode. The sh*ty Dovpo 510 connection is directly over top of the first battery, so a Varitube BF 510 will be going in it's place and one those YFTK super soft's fit perfectly.

I still need to Dremel a hole in the side panel for some cheap squonking goodness! :D

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    I saw the spindly button bezel when I had my Drone apart. Mine had one stripped top plate screw from the factory causing seepage around the base of the 510. I ran a tap down through all three and put new SS cap screws in.

Should be an easy fix by making a pad out of dense foam to put between the button and the switch. A little double face tape and your good to go!

The big thing is I gotta find my Dremel from the move and grind the face plate bigger so the button doesn't catch and stick again.

Because of how they go when they go I strongly don't reccomend anyone use these that isn't prepare for unexpected excitement.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    The big thing is I gotta find my Dremel from the move and grind the face plate bigger so the button doesn't catch and stick again.

Because of how they go when they go I strongly don't reccomend anyone use these that isn't prepare for unexpected excitement.
    Considering the price they charge for Lost Vape gear, the build quality should be above regular run of the mill stuff.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    Hey guys and gals!!!

Been sqonking and full time at home dripping and just can't get back into tanks.

My beloved Drone has a fatal flaw that killed it and that brings tears to my eyes. Miss those dual batteries.

So I been on a single battery sponk mission. Single battery at my power level means changing batteries often. I have to carry so many batteries I look like Poncho Villia when I go out. I don't like this much but for now its life.

Picked up a couple Wraiths and they are ok. I cannot stand top button mods and these are semi top button. Much better then my Reo but far from perfect. Otherwise they work well. One has a Goon and one a Peerless. I love both those RDA's.

Lately its been the new generation of mech sqonkers. The Boxer clone hasn't been out of my hand much sense it came. I bought one with a Boxer RDA and one look at that thing told me I would hate it. Bottom air on a sqonker?? Hello, she'll be pissing all over the place. But I built it and low and behold she's fantastic. Never leaks a drop. Weights on this unit is basiclly a 18650 battery plus 8ML of joose.

On its way is a 20700 mech sqonker. Its pre-order still but my last Fasttech order took 8 days. Yes 8 days.
    My favourite regulated squonk is the Hcigar Inbox... hard to go wrong with a DNA75 board.
    But my favorite squonk of all is my mech, a Custom Classics in brass.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    My favourite regulated squonk is the Hcigar Inbox... hard to go wrong with a DNA75 board.
    But my favorite squonk of all is my mech, a Custom Classics in brass.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I have been looking for a while at the Inbox, I understand that Hcigar makes a good product, I am guessing that is your experience.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I have been looking for a while at the Inbox, I understand that Hcigar makes a good product, I am guessing that is your experience.
    Not the OP.

I have the Inbox and it's a great little mod, but I find it messy to fill due to the attached tube. When you pull the bottle off, the tube always has a little residual juice inside and out. You'll need a bit of paper towel handy to clean off the excess or catch any drips.

The magnets on the side panels are quite weak, you might have to bend the panels a little bit to get them to sit flush without any wobble.

Have you considered the YFTK SVA Squonker? It also has a DNA 75 and uses the super soft silicone bottles.
    YFTK SVA 75W Style Evolv DNA 75 Black 18650 BF TC VW Mod

VictorViper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    www.thisoldneon.com
    Hey Victor!
    Been a long time! :toast:

Way too long! But, I am still happily modwhomping - 180 watts at my disposal, sitting neatly at 37.5W, temp. control still unused.

Anyone in our particular middling class of vapeology still running mechs?

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Hcigar makes some decent mods. I have the VT40 (fantastic), VT200 (its nice) and the VT 75 which is garbage. The Inbox seems nice but I hate the DNA 75 chip. I'd rather they used the DNA 60.

Biggest trouble with the Inbox is single battery. If your a tootler its fine if not carry many batteries.

Biggest trouble with single batteries is they can only give power they have to give. This is clear with mechs but on a regulated its less clear. Batteries don't make magic power. Most of my batteries are pulled at about 3.7. A dual mod will alow the mod to make power more then twice as long. For example my Drone would last me my full shift and still be half charged. With a Wraith or Boxer its at least 3 batteries.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Not the OP.

I have the Inbox and it's a great little mod, but I find it messy to fill due to the attached tube. When you pull the bottle off, the tube always has a little residual juice inside and out. You'll need a bit of paper towel handy to clean off the excess or catch any drips.

The magnets on the side panels are quite weak, you might have to bend the panels a little bit to get them to sit flush without any wobble.

Have you considered the YFTK SVA Squonker? It also has a DNA 75 and uses the super soft silicone bottles.
    YFTK SVA 75W Style Evolv DNA 75 Black 18650 BF TC VW Mod

I am looking now, thank you.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Way too long! But, I am still happily modwhomping - 180 watts at my disposal, sitting neatly at 37.5W, temp. control still unused.

Anyone in our particular middling class of vapeology still running mechs?

I'm using mechs everyday lately. I only use them at home cause I can't stand weak battery vapes.

So away from home regulated only but at home mechs mostly.

My Drone is usable again. Dremel fixed the switch issue to make it usable at least. Feels good to have 2 batteries and 11 ml of joose again.

BTW I can't say enough good about the Goon for BF. Authentic isn't BF but 7 dollar clone is and its just a fantastic vape. Thinking the Peerless may in fact have a peer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread