Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Wismec troubles aside, this is there best mod yet, very compact for a triple 18650, put it next to the Smoant battlestar dual 18650...

Its obviously wider but yeah, this is a very good mod, it's about time !

2qmhycj.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Wismec troubles aside, this is there best mod yet, very compact for a triple 18650, put it next to the Smoant battlestar dual 18650...

Its obviously wider but yeah, this is a very good mod, it's about time !

2qmhycj.jpg
You can not use the words "Wismec" and "Very Good" in the same post... :lol:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm really torn whether to get the VV Kylin now that it has a proper top cap for filling. Word on the street is no further leaking issues in the latest "version" with the top cap. I've read so many Ammit vs. Kylin threads I'm utterly confused. Yes, there is the Reload, but I'm on the stingy side right now and not sure if it would offer enough over say the Kylin (other than probably fit and finish) to justify twice the cost. I was also kicking around the Serpent SMM, but concerned it might be too restrictive with only that side airflow. Anyone with insight in 40 pages of posts or less will be appreciated

Rixy, I think you have a few of these. What do you like? I know I could get a Reload clone for ~$10, but I've had such crappy luck on Chinese clones I don't really want to go there. If I did, I'd still get one of the others anyway.

At least the Exoskeleton kept all the melted plastic inside the cage, so there is that.:D

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

I would actually use fantastic.

We have 5 200/200s's in this house , 3 old style and 2 new style. All are over a year old. All are used dayily. Very heavy use until recently when I started only using them at home.

Best mods I have ever had. Each one has been perfect. Never a single issue. My wife uses Beast tanks only and I did for a long while.

I've had Provari's go down. Hex Ohm took a dump. Drone broke my heart. One by one our beloved Sigieli 213's died.

Only the mighty Rolloo lives!!!!

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I'm really torn whether to get the VV Kylin now that it has a proper top cap for filling. Word on the street is no further leaking issues in the latest "version" with the top cap. I've read so many Ammit vs. Kylin threads I'm utterly confused. Yes, there is the Reload, but I'm on the stingy side right now and not sure if it would offer enough over say the Kylin (other than probably fit and finish) to justify twice the cost. I was also kicking around the Serpent SMM, but concerned it might be too restrictive with only that side airflow. Anyone with insight in 40 pages of posts or less will be appreciated

Rixy, I think you have a few of these. What do you like? I know I could get a Reload clone for ~$10, but I've had such crappy luck on Chinese clones I don't really want to go there. If I did, I'd still get one of the others anyway.

At least the Exoskeleton kept all the melted plastic inside the cage, so there is that.:D

The Serpent SMM has become my favorite, it has more than enough airflow, just don't lower the coils to much, it's not needed. It's as airy as the OBS Engine, hmmm, I'm vaping them both now, it's very close buddy so all this bull about the SMM is very restricted is just not true, yeah, it's not massive wide open like a TFV12 but it has way more airflow than say a Goblin Mini.

The Kylin wont leak but juice will find it's way down there over time and get on your mod, no two ways about it, call it condensation or whatever but it is still worse than a lot of tanks. It gets on the top of your mod after a days use, wipe it off and your good to go, depends how much it bothers you.

Reload is full on, those coils are so close, it's like an RDA, again, it depends on how you vape, the clone will leak unless you replace the bottom O Ring with a SMM one, meaning you have to spend more.

Funny thing, I've gone back to my Billow V3 Plus, that tank can hold it's own with all of the 2017 ones, has side and bottom airflow, I will have to take a pic tomorrow, I wanted something a bit old school for the Wismec haha. DAM, that's a good RTA.

For how you vape though, I think you would be happy with the Serpent, so easy to build and wick, no leaking at all, great flavor, I do end up filling it a bit more than some though.

Its real hard to say - go buy this or that as with everything, it's all so subjective..

LOL - They have had some bad mods but this one is so compact for a triple 18650, no problems with mine so far, has to be their best to date, reviews are pretty positive, I heard ambitious on the tube says it gets hot, I have been vaping my TFV12 at 170w and it's stayed fairly cool. My Predator ended up on the sea bed and peeps that have read my posts before will know I've had my fair share of heated run ins with Jaybo about his mods, right down to his workers sitting on plastic steps while he chills out in his leather chair in his office, I was a business man myself and there's no excuse but I have to say it how it is, this is a very good mod for the money.

Would I have bought one a few days ago, absolutely not a chance in hell but I won this at work, would I buy one now, yeah, I probably would.

I would actually use fantastic.

We have 5 200/200s's in this house , 3 old style and 2 new style. All are over a year old. All are used dayily. Very heavy use until recently when I started only using them at home.

Best mods I have ever had. Each one has been perfect. Never a single issue. My wife uses Beast tanks only and I did for a long while.

I've had Provari's go down. Hex Ohm took a dump. Drone broke my heart. One by one our beloved Sigieli 213's died.

Only the mighty Rolloo lives!!!!

It was never really the Reuleaux, when that first RX200 came out, everyone loved them, yeah OK, there was the slight issue with the 510 on some tanks and some said the battery door had gaps but mine are still going strong, I have 5 of them, ya'll remember the pics, I had a family of them lol.

Its more with the latest mods and once you start to get a bad rep it's hard to shake, this mod may be the saving grace, very comfortable to hold, pretty small, lighter, looks nice (expect for the wismec logo but hey), I was shocked when I got this today, fair do's to him, I really like this one.

Of course, give me a few weeks and I will come back with an update.....

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Serpent SMM has become my favorite, it has more than enough airflow, just don't lower the coils to much, it's not needed. It's as airy as the OBS Engine, hmmm, I'm vaping them both now, it's very close buddy so all this bull about the SMM is very restricted is just not true, yeah, it's not massive wide open like a TFV12 but it has way more airflow than say a Goblin Mini.

The Kylin wont leak but juice will find it's way down there over time and get on your mod, no two ways about it, call it condensation or whatever but it is still worse than a lot of tanks. It gets on the top of your mod after a days use, wipe it off and your good to go, depends how much it bothers you.

Reload is full on, those coils are so close, it's like an RDA, again, it depends on how you vape, the clone will leak unless you replace the bottom O Ring with a SMM one, meaning you have to spend more.

Funny thing, I've gone back to my Billow V3 Plus, that tank can hold it's own with all of the 2017 ones, has side and bottom airflow, I will have to take a pic tomorrow, I wanted something a bit old school for the Wismec haha. DAM, that's a good RTA.

For how you vape though, I think you would be happy with the Serpent, so easy to build and wick, no leaking at all, great flavor, I do end up filling it a bit more than some though.

Its real hard to say - go buy this or that as with everything, it's all so subjective..

LOL - They have had some bad mods but this one is so compact for a triple 18650, no problems with mine so far, has to be their best to date, reviews are pretty positive, I heard ambitious on the tube says it gets hot, I have been vaping my TFV12 at 170w and it's stayed fairly cool. My Predator ended up on the sea bed and peeps that have read my posts before will know I've had my fair share of heated run ins with Jaybo about his mods, right down to his workers sitting on plastic steps while he chills out in his leather chair in his office, I was a business man myself and there's no excuse but I have to say it how it is, this is a very good mod for the money.

Would I have bought one a few days ago, absolutely not a chance in hell but I won this at work, would I buy one now, yeah, I probably would.

Thank you, Sir! I really liked the setup on the SMM, but that restrictive stuff was my main concern. It certainly looks like a nice, straightforward design that should stay dry, and if the air is as good as on my Engines makes it a no brainer.:thumb:

Yeah, poor Wismec, they do get their share of hatred. That said, I do have an RX200S and a Presa 100 that work just fine. They're in my drawer as part of my stash, but I did use them for several weeks to check them and no issues. I could pull them out and put the Arctic Fox firmware on, which with my love of TC should step them up even more.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Thank you, Sir! I really liked the setup on the SMM, but that restrictive stuff was my main concern. It certainly looks like a nice, straightforward design that should stay dry, and if the air is as good as on my Engines makes it a no brainer.:thumb:

Yeah, poor Wismec, they do get their share of hatred. That said, I do have an RX200S and a Presa 100 that work just fine. They're in my drawer as part of my stash, but I did use them for several weeks to check them and no issues. I could pull them out and put the Arctic Fox firmware on, which with my love of TC should step them up even more.

I hate a very restricted vape, I had my reservations myself but when I vaped it I thought, OH, this has more airflow than the Reload, which it does !

For a single coil I just find myself using it more and more, it's even on my Wismec Gen 3 now hahaha, vaping at 60w , its SS so black would look better but it's just so good I don't care.

I will say, be careful of the glass, they aren't the best, I broke one just tightening the tank up, now I'm extra careful and it's been fine but it's something to watch out for. If only they would bring out a nice aspire nautilus cage for this in black, I'd be all over it. Cage both sides with the SMM logo, yeah, he would of sold A LOT. I may have a talk to Matt about it, see what he says.

fz1zb7.jpg

One last thing, from the pic, it looks like it needs refilling but like the Troll, there is still about 1.5ml in the bottom, you can tilt the tank and see, is a con, well, maybe.

EDIT - I tilted the tank and there's none in there, oops, better go fill her up :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I hate a very restricted vape, I had my reservations myself but when I vaped it I thought, OH, this has more airflow than the Reload, which it does !

For a single coil I just find myself using it more and more, it's even on my Wismec Gen 3 now hahaha, vaping at 60w , its SS so black would look better but it's just so good I don't care.

I will say, be careful of the glass, they aren't the best, I broke one just tightening the tank up, now I'm extra careful and it's been fine but it's something to watch out for. If only they would bring out a nice aspire nautilus cage for this in black, I'd be all over it. Cage both sides with the SMM logo, yeah, he would of sold A LOT. I may have a talk to Matt about it, see what he says.

fz1zb7.jpg

One last thing, from the pic, it looks like it needs refilling but like the Troll, there is still about 1.5ml in the bottom, you can tilt the tank and see, is a con, well, maybe.

EDIT - I tilted the tank and there's none in there, oops, better go fill her up :)

And......ordered. Need to check the confirmation and get an idea on delivery date. Took a tiny bit of hunting as the SS was out of stock at several of my regular haunts, but found it somewhere anyway. See how hard it is for me to stop ordering more vape stuff? :facepalm:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
And......ordered. Need to check the confirmation and get an idea on delivery date. Took a tiny bit of hunting as the SS was out of stock at several of my regular haunts, but found it somewhere anyway. See how hard it is for me to stop ordering more vape stuff? :facepalm:
Well it's not my fault :D

Hope you like it now, pretty sure you will :thumbs:

Let us know your thought on it when it arrives Eskie :headbang:

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
A good while ago my wife was into Super Tank Mini's and bought a ST rebbuildable.

And there it sat for a year or even two, I don't recall for sure.

I came across it yesterday and built it for her. I was surprised how well built it easy and super easy to build. Even though I don't like her juice I used it awhile and it was really nice. She hasn't had it out of her hands since.

This tank would be best for people who like big air but though a 510 DT. A chuff is sold but hard to track down as its also the fill cap.

Get tank for tank lovers.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
A good while ago my wife was into Super Tank Mini's and bought a ST rebbuildable.

And there it sat for a year or even two, I don't recall for sure.

I came across it yesterday and built it for her. I was surprised how well built it easy and super easy to build. Even though I don't like her juice I used it awhile and it was really nice. She hasn't had it out of her hands since.

This tank would be best for people who like big air but though a 510 DT. A chuff is sold but hard to track down as its also the fill cap.

Get tank for tank lovers.

I gave the Super tank RTA raves reviews, its a very good RTA, the only con is the airflow could be smoother, it's a little turbulent but apart from that its great.

I still use my super tank mini's with notch coils, that's also a good vape. I think I came across a post by Eskie, so on that instance, he enabled me lol, good coils for that tank.

Yeah, you know me. I had to get something. I'm getting antsy waiting for the DNA 250c to drop. I know it's gotta be coming, but no idea when.

Merry Christmas :p..... that's my guess anyway.

Leg it......

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yeah, I was really surprised how well those notch coils work in it. It's a great pocket carry tank on a small mod. For a simple design and low price, it's a real steal. @coolerat if you want some nice cap alternatives, check out E Cig City. They usually have a bunch of options in stock and ship out of CA. I get it to NY in 3 or 4 days with plain shipping

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Merry Christmas :p..... that's my guess anyway.

Leg it......

It might have to be around Christmas. I just got my daughter moved back to NY and into her first "adult" apartment in Brooklyn, where else? Graduate school starts the end of August.

I've spent more time with her shopping for furniture and at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for all the crap you need to stock an apartment than I have spent time going through the Fasttech site. Still, she's happy, and it's nice having her back around. At least I got her car sold (which she doesn't need in NY), so that was a nice offset for the rent, deposit, and broker's fee.

Given all that, seeing a 250c on my credit card right now won't give me quite the same warm fuzzy feeling it would in another few months.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You guys enjoy the Wismec's... :thumb: :pervy:

Me, I'm waiting for an Envii Yeti, a clone Resurrection V2 and my third Plus.

I actually dug the old Rose V2 out and brought it into the shop to check out some of the thinner juices we have. It'll give me a better idea when someone wants to know what they are like... So far I'm loving the Coumarin Pipe and the RY4 Classic. It's a hard ticket vaping on the old Rose V2 again, but 75%PG was way too harsh in the Peerless. ;)

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
E Cig City is my go to US place. No BS with DL and such.
It might have to be around Christmas. I just got my daughter moved back to NY and into her first "adult" apartment in Brooklyn, where else? Graduate school starts the end of August.

I've spent more time with her shopping for furniture and at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for all the crap you need to stock an apartment than I have spent time going through the Fasttech site. Still, she's happy, and it's nice having her back around. At least I got her car sold (which she doesn't need in NY), so that was a nice offset for the rent, deposit, and broker's fee.

Given all that, seeing a 250c on my credit card right now won't give me quite the same warm fuzzy feeling it would in another few months.

My daughter moved Downstate earlier this year and I never see her anymore. She is living the grown up life (she's 25) and no time for the old man. I want her to be 16 again so I can buy her ice cream when some boy breaks her heart. I hated spending every Saturday going to Cross Country meets. Now I'd give anything to go to one more.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
@coolerat Besides the Dremel work on the hole. Are you running the Drone's fire button on just 3 legs now, or did you put something between it and the switch?

Its actually on two legs.

I just opened up the hole. I think when it breaks off completely it will just not work rather then be catastrophic.

I like the Wraith well enough and the Boxer is amazing but bottom line I don't like single battery mods.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I should say outside the home I hate single batteries. As long as a charger is close by its not a big thing.

But for work having to remember to carry extra batteries was a struggle. I guess if your one of those Johnny on the spot remembering types its not a thing but I have enough going on in the morning. Let dogs out, coffee, take a dump, pack lunch, find keys, security badge, leave,.........oh crap forgot batteries....... get batteries.........

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Its actually on two legs.

I just opened up the hole. I think when it breaks off completely it will just not work rather then be catastrophic.

I like the Wraith well enough and the Boxer is amazing but bottom line I don't like single battery mods.
I have the Wraith, all the rubber coating is peeled off of mine. LE86 with a pair of small Claptons at 65W, it doesn't go far and stays on the bench.

Not many choices for dual battery regulated squonkins, Geekvape is supposedly coming out with something to replace the GBox S100 they discontinued. There is the Rebel 3D DNA 167 squonker for £199.00 :eek: but I can see the possibility of some nice SX420 squonkers coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread