The Womper Woom, Womp it again Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Just as bad in the computer repair game.

After they get a quote on how much it will be to restore their box to a properly functioning unit, which was a total reinstall 95% of the time. Fully updated, protected and all their data put back where it should be.

The standard reply to the price of the quote was "My Brother/Uncle/Cousin works for the military and he knows computers" or "My nephew is a genius (only compared to them) and he can fix it cheaper." Yes, because backing up and restoring your 25K emails from 4 different mail programs, pictures that are all over the place and every MP3 you could download, takes absolutely no time at all. And look you have 6 user accounts for the family too... :facepalm:

A week later their back with the computer and it doesn't boot at all, or it works but ALL their data is gone... :glare: You have backups RIGHT? No? Well I can run recovery software on it, might save some stuff, but depending how your relative tried to fix it probably not...

Any stay off of the internet...
You're not savvy enough to NOT click on every link an idiot family member sends you. :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
So, does mean my plan of wrapping the third rail with cotton and dripping isn't the best approach? I mean, will 800 V really be too harsh or burn the cotton? Because my ex-wife's brother has a friend who did it and said they were were just blown away with the couldz.:lol:

Lightweight, at only 800 volts. Heck, even rural distribution is around 7200 :)

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Anyone have any tips with regard to getting on a purchase list for one of these lovely 3D printed mech squonkers popping up? There's a fabulous looking Canadian-made one called the Xtruder from Definitive coils/Design that I NEED to get my grubby mitts on, but reaching out via social media has fallen on dead ears so far...

Regulated vaping got me down, folks.

Reactions: Rixsta

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Anyone have any tips with regard to getting on a purchase list for one of these lovely 3D printed mech squonkers popping up? There's a fabulous looking Canadian-made one called the Xtruder from Definitive Coils/Design that I NEED to get my grubby mitts on, but reaching out via social media has fallen on dead ears so far...

Regulated vaping got me down, folks.

I asked to join. I'll let you know.

For that kinda coin I'd get a Rebel honestly. Single battery mods suck.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I asked to join. I'll let you know.

For that kinda coin I'd get a Rebel honestly. Single battery mods suck.

I've been rocking a parallel box for the last 3 years, so I definitely hear you, but man, have I ever fallen in love with carrying a tiny vape, especially while squonking. Add in a little national pride and a serious bent to ditch the regulated stuff and here I am.

If you do get into the group and wouldn't mind vouching for me, I'd appreciate it!!

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I don't pocket carry and haven't since the first few weeks so size doesn't concern me but weight does. Around the house I been only using Boxer clone mech squonkers. The are an injection molded clone of a 3D printed mod. You ain't gonna get any smaller then these. With RDA, battery and full bottle they weight 140g. A Rebel sqonker with TWO batteries and a full bottle and RDA weight 205g.

And the Rebel is from England which is like part of Canada or something right??

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
The Rebel is a fine looking device, but not mechanical, unless I'm missing something?

As for the Boxer clone, despite my inclination to say that injection-moulding would be preferred to 3D printing, I also have the luxury of declining clones on principle. I'm prepared to wait (and overpay) for an original, whatever it may be and wherever it may come from.

Not a judgment on my part, FWIW, just a choice I make.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Rixy in the Canary Islands at I think Tenerife. My thoughts and prayers do go out to all those injured and the families of those lost in Barcelona.
Didn't hear about Barcelona, but glad our folks aren't in the thick of it

All went well... Mom is fine. The cells were all benign. Stitches are out, now.
that's wonderful!!! Hope you recover quickly

I am wondering how some of these people that I am having to deal with ever survived under that rock, or with that much sand piled on top of their heads. I am also worn out having people argue their stupidity in the face of facts. For example, when a person posts a pic of their vape mail that includes a set of aliens that will come out at 0.1 Ohm, a tube mech, a new RDA, and a set of MXJO 40 Amp 3000 mAh batteries, I politely remind them that MXJO cells are rewraps, and NOT accurately labelled or rated. I mention in polite, non-snarky terms, that running that build on those batteries could have serious consequences. I then include a link to tests by Mooch. The response I get is, invariably, something along the lines of "Uh uh. My brother knows a guy that spoke to someone that had contacts with the sister of a fellow that works in the factory, and these are the best!" Sigh... Or, questions like "What's the best flavor tank/mod/coil?" What?!? There are 165146216581615351465^254 different possible configurations (I counted... that number is accurate... you're welcome to count and prove me wrong), and very nearly all of them will deliver good flavor if configured correctly. Of course, someone will come along and rattle off the name of the newest shiny and claim it king (or queen), but it's pure marketing and rather IMO disingenuous. Oh, yeah, and another favorite "This tank leaks!" It's a frickin' bottle with holes in the bottom! Of course, it leaks. There are ways to minimize the leaking, but IT'S A FRICKIN' BOTTLE WITH HOLES IN THE BOTTOM!!!
laugh rofl o is rollin.gif

But I gotta say, I did talk to that guy who was a friend of the brother's sister, that knew someone who had heard of him. He knows his stuff. The dog might be a lil more trustworthy though. :D

Because my ex-wife's brother has a friend who did it and said they were were just blown away with the couldz.
your ex wife's brother knows our Rixy???? :lol:

Any stay off of the internet...
You're not savvy enough to NOT click on every link an idiot family member sends you. :lol:
Right! Many years ago my adopted mama was convinced she could open any email sent to her, cuz her puter had so many firewalls and virus protection that "it was not possible for her to get a virus" I'm not too puter savvy, but even I knew that was idiocy. She'd ask why I always deleted her jokes etc

1. I've been on here since the late 90s and just about guarantee I've seen everyone one of these joke at least 7 times.

2. I don't care if you know the person who sent it to you and know they'd never put a virus in it. I'm concerned with the person who started it 150 forwards ago

3. I don't have a husband who has 3 retirement checks coming in, so I didn't even spend as much on my whole computer as you spent on all your virus protection, so I'm obviously not as well protected as you :rolleyes:

have I ever fallen in love with carrying a tiny vape, especially while squonking. Add in a little national pride and a serious bent to ditch the regulated stuff and here I am.
You may just want the one you want, but if you don't build low ohms, maybe check out an 18490 Reo. I doubt you can get a smaller totally mech squonker. You get everything but National pride, and the company started out in Maine, so that's pretty close. :D and I would imagine a few hundred less than what you're looking at. Even the grand is only the size of a business card

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
You may just want the one you want, but if you don't build low ohms, maybe check out an 18490 Reo. I doubt you can get a smaller totally mech squonker. You get everything but National pride, and the company started out in Maine, so that's pretty close. :D and I would imagine a few hundred less than what you're looking at. Even the grand is only the size of a business card

The Reo is a fine mod, but I could never get around the aesthetics. If an 18490 mod would work for me, that would probably be a totally different story, but my typical builds would either be too low for the cell or otherwise make the battery go in minutes. An 18650 can last me all day and gives me the flexibility to build low when I want to.

That said, I do take out my Trojan in 18350 mode with my Hadaly from time to time when stealth vaping is going to be available (the Hadaly is a really good tootler when it needs to be, FWIW), and I have a Reuleaux RX mini for when I need more longevity and power, but of course then I'm also taking my juice bottle along.

With the options out there now it probably seems a bit weird to be so focused on a single 18650 mechanical, and even with the gear I already have, I'm not left wanting for much, really. But you kind of can't go back once you start squonking and I haven't been thrilled with the overall performance of any of my regulated devices, so here we are.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hi to all, yup we are fine, no where near there, thoughts go out though of course.

Just caught up on the thread sitting around the pool, hard life.

I stumbled on an rx200, yeah, say what you want about them lol but this one is very unique, it was sitting in the vape shop and as far as I know, there was only one ever made, it was for some Xbox venue for gears of war. It's tarnished and scruffy and needs some lovin but after I strip it down and get it sorted, I think there is one seriously good looking mod under that crud.

Now how it got here, nobody seems to know, even the owner can't remember, hmm. Well he said some guy came in, in January, all sounds shady to me, tis a mystery.

I think it would make a good home for my Boreas.

Can't wait to get this cleaned up to show you guys (and gals)

I would love to trace the full history of it and it's 100% authentic.

Well, must fly, Emmy has a BBQ on the go. I was going to cook but you know how these women like to take over, equal rights an all

Leg it.....

Take care y'alls

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
But you kind of can't go back once you start squonking and I haven't been thrilled with the overall performance of any of my regulated devices, so here we are.

Jup. love squonking. Just so easy and none of the issues that tanks have. I I have a Reo mini, but don't use it much. It was mostly a grand, and now a P67. Love the curved edges of these, and the side button. So much easier to use when my hands are hurting.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Wish list: 100 watt single 20700 compact regulated TC squonker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Only if it's end squonk, not side squonk. :D

On a totally unrelated note, I got the Voopoo Drag mod that I won this weekend. I think my Boreas has a new home. Battery life seems better in it than on the IPV5 the Boreas was previously on, at least that's my impression. Can't be sure because it wasn't an actual test, just my impression so far.

I definitely had to lower the wattage compared to the IPV5.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    Only if it's end squonk, not side squonk. :D

On a totally unrelated note, I got the Voopoo Drag mod that I won this weekend. I think my Boreas has a new home. Battery life seems better in it than on the IPV5 the Boreas was previously on, at least that's my impression. Can't be sure because it wasn't an actual test, just my impression so far.

I definitely had to lower the wattage compared to the IPV5.
    True wattage (American chip) vs. China wattage [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread