Not open for further replies.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Buds for sure!

Keep us posted on your build! Anything DIY is excellent and if you can include an Arduino for a little web/blog cred, you know it will be gold!

Wasn't familiar with Arduino until right now, but I do have a pocket CHIP computer and am putting the finishing touches on my first game in Pico-8 (just a little breakout game). Stalled on it lately with life getting in the way, though.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Wasn't familiar with Arduino until right now, but I do have a pocket CHIP computer and am putting the finishing touches on my first game in Pico-8 (just a little breakout game). Stalled on it lately with life getting in the way, though.
Too cool, now I know what my next toy will be.
That Pocket Chip looks sweet!!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I have an old Seeed Studio Arduino (Atmega168) that's been gathering dust for quite a while now along with some Ti Launchpads, a few STM32F4 boards, a Ti Stellaris EVALBOT and a Renesas YRDKRX62N with WiFi module.

The embedded bug hit me a long time ago, but all of the crippled IDE's turned me off and I wasn't paying for a full development package just to tinker.

All of those boards are all pretty old now and can be had for cheap. The Rasberry Pi wasn't out at the time and the Beagle Boards were way too expensive.

Aegis / Supreme V2 with single coil deck and 8ml extension to keep the thread on topic. ;)
View attachment 694787
I want to try an Odroid XU4 with the emmc module, kinda expensive for me though.

So did you just swap the boards in the Aegis and use a Big Al’s Bezel cover?

The Aegis alone seems nice, but I would love to have the IPWM Board in a mod!

I see you Hcigar VT40s are for sale again, but at $75 ? I tried to get a couple right before they sold out a couple years ago around $45
dna 40s are some of my favorite low wattage, Ni TC devices..
Hana Modz has nothing left it seems, I wanted another V4 but oh well..

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I want to try an Odroid XU4 with the emmc module, kinda expensive for me though.

So did you just swap the boards in the Aegis and use a Big Al’s Bezel cover?

The Aegis alone seems nice, but I would love to have the IPWM Board in a mod!

I see you Hcigar VT40s are for sale again, but at $75 ? I tried to get a couple right before they sold out a couple years ago around $45
DNA 40s are some of my favorite low wattage, Ni TC devices..
Hana Modz has nothing left it seems, I wanted another V4 but oh well..
That Odroid looks like a good little board too, but I'm done with that style... I really like that Pockey Chip though.

The Aegis has not been modified, it's a decent mod if you keep the power around 50W for battery life. Also if you changed out the board you'd loose the IP67 certification. ;)

The pic I posted after the Aegis is my PWM mod using an Alpinetech GXL case. I recently built and put the Fev3 back on my old Sigelei 30W, and it's working like a charm with some high PG juice. ;)

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Too cool, now I know what my next toy will be.
That Pocket Chip looks sweet!!

Sadly I won't be too much help in terms of info on it - I basically grabbed it just to use as a Pico-8 mobile "dev kit" for which it is... lackluster. But it's obviously much, much more than that, so if you're into these modular computers, you're gonna have a great time with it. There are worse ways to spend $60.

[EDIT] I'm assuming you like the pocket CHIP itself for various reasons, but do be aware that the CHIP on its own is like $7.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sadly I won't be too much help in terms of info on it - I basically grabbed it just to use as a Pico-8 mobile "dev kit" for which it is... lackluster. But it's obviously much, much more than that, so if you're into these modular computers, you're gonna have a great time with it. There are worse ways to spend $60.

[EDIT] I'm assuming you like the pocket CHIP itself for various reasons, but do be aware that the CHIP on its own is like $7.
I saw that and it's great price on a dev board, but the pocket version really caught my eye. :drool: ;)

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I saw that and it's great price on a dev board, but the pocket version really caught my eye. :drool: ;)

For sure, and I expected as much. Look into some of the stuff people have done with it, from programming to repurposing, to modding out with 3D printed add-ons. Really great, if small, community of users.

Last edited:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
That Odroid looks like a good little board too, but I'm done with that style... I really like that Pockey Chip though.

The Aegis has not been modified, it's a decent mod if you keep the power around 50W for battery life. Also if you changed out the board you'd loose the IP67 certification. ;)

The pic I posted after the Aegis is my PWM mod using an Alpinetech GXL case. I recently built and put the Fev3 back on my old Sigelei 30W, and it's working like a charm with some high PG juice. ;)
The Pockey Chip is a cool device but I have never got any of those as idk much about that. I’m sure I could play the pre-loaded games but what’s the fun in that? Lol

Okay, Thanks for clarifying that, def. a nice DIY Build. How are the Battery Sleds from Big Al?
I can’t remember the name of the other popular ones, that tear your battery wraps up, which I like to avoid. Many DIY DNA sites sold them.

I can’t remember if I got the Fev3 or not before moving.
My Sigelei Mini 30 got left in a case and e-liquid drained out the tank and soaked it down while it was packed up. Considering the 510 threads were getting bad, I will break out one of the backups if need be. Plan on tearing it apart to see how it’s built.
It lasted me many years as a solid everyday device though!

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Some nutter just bought an Aromamizer Titan, ya know, that guy that said it was too much tank for him, now who was it ?

Oh yeah, it was me :rolleyes:

Now I need a new mod o_O

@Fuzzy Thunderbear

Hope the scan goes OK on Monday

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hey Fuzzy, hope you have been good also!

I see @Eskie lurking... What you been up too Eskie?? lol

Hey Mikey. All pretty quiet around here. Been having fun with my daughter moved back for school. I get to have dinner at least once a week with her.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Some nutter just bought an Aromamizer Titan, ya know, that guy that said it was too much tank for him, now who was it ?

Now I need a new mod o_O

@Fuzzy Thunderbear

No way... :shock:

One of the SC fan group members has a few sitting on PWM HoG's...
(Dat Money Doe drip tip FTW)
BJ Titan & HoG.jpg

I NEED this setup in my life. :drool:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
No way... :shock:

One of the SC fan group members has a few sitting on PWM HoG's...
(Dat Money Doe drip tip FTW)
View attachment 694959
I NEED this setup in my life. :drool:
Man, I forgot about the Hammer of God....
That setup there looks good as hell..
You should definitely get one.. :thumbs::drool:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

Now I need a new mod o_O

@Fuzzy Thunderbear

Make sure to give details bro!!
Hey Mikey. All pretty quiet around here. Been having fun with my daughter moved back for school. I get to have dinner at least once a week with her.
That’s good to hear man, time with family is always good.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Man, I forgot about the Hammer of God....
That setup there looks good as hell..
You should definitely get one.. :thumbs::drool:
That setup looks like it will go through juice like a younger sister at a wedding reception. ;)
It would be $200 CAD landed for the Titan, 4 batteries, a HoG V2 Clone, the iPWM board and minor bits... Not going to happen any time soon I'm afraid... :unsure:

We'll all have to live vicariously through Rixtsa! :D

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ha, it will have to be the hog dna250 as I hate building higher for series.

I'm hoping the hog DNA is a little lighter too as it takes 3 18650s instead of 4.

That titan looks bonkers, saw Wendy on the tube review it and laughed.

All good fun

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

I'm hoping the hog DNA is a little lighter too as it takes 3 18650s instead of 4.

All good fun
The DNA HoG should be excellent!

I can't stand her, she's like a female version of Robert Ellis.
Quite the talons... :?:

I'll wait for Dean or the Bogan... I'd love to see a Todd or Vic review of it. :thumbs:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
The DNA HoG should be excellent!

I can't stand her, she's like a female version of Robert Ellis.
Quite the talons... :?:

I'll wait for Dean or the Bogan... I'd love to see a Todd or Vic review of it. :thumbs:
Mark reviewing that would be very funny but I doubt steamcrave will send him one and there's no way he would buy one, I'm tempted to send him one lol

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

All good fun
Since I haven’t used my DNA mods in over a year, has the 250 have any improvements over the 200 other than the extra 50W?

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
That setup looks like it will go through juice like a younger sister at a wedding reception. ;)
It would be $200 CAD landed for the Titan, 4 batteries, a HoG V2 Clone, the iPWM board and minor bits... Not going to happen any time soon I'm afraid... :unsure:

We'll all have to live vicariously through Rixtsa! :D
Since I haven’t used my DNA mods in over a year, has the 250 have any improvements over the 200 other than the extra 50W?
Hey Mikey.

Yes there are some improvements

Reverse battery protection and onboard voltage protection.
Battery energy more efficient, now 97%.
2 Amp charging.
Higher Current Fuse.
55A Current Output
Thicker gauge wires used

Basically more power and a safer chip to use..oh and the accuracy of Temp control was improved.

There will also be a new DNA250 colored screen coming, DNA250c, I predicted around Christmas time 6 months ago, not really heard anything since though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread