Sent from The Truck O shop

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Can I ask a confirming question please.

The 350j board will do 60w with temp control in single battery mode or parallel battery mode. (4.2v)

In SERIES dual battery mode (8.4v) it will go to 120w but NO TEMP CONTROL. Is that correct?

And last, I'm not a fan of the sx mini form factor (yeah I know, everybody else in the world loves it) are there any other 350j mods or maybe enclosures (for builders) available people could recommend or link to?

Many thanks for the anticipated responses.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: P

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States

The 350j board will do 60w with temp control in single battery mode or parallel battery mode. (4.2v)

In SERIES dual battery mode (8.4v) it will go to 120w but NO TEMP CONTROL. Is that correct?

And last, I'm not a fan of the sx mini form factor (yeah I know, everybody else in the world loves it) are there any other 350j mods or maybe enclosures (for builders) available people could recommend or link to?

Single battery is 3.7 v and dual battery is 7.4v
What form factor are you referring too?

Sent from The Truck O Shop

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe

In temp mode it stops at 50J regardless of batt configuration. At least on the last software I tested which should be the one loaded on the mods. Will gave to check an actual mod I suppose when I get a chance. In power mode it goes to 120w with series set up.

My guess is that they'll update the firmware for more J's sooner or later.

For a different form factor I've seen this on reddit today. But looks like a pretty tight fit in a Hammond 1550P box.

Apropos form factor, what happened to the other yihi chip with the giant colored oled screen that got mentioned a while back ago?

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    My guess is that they'll update the firmware for more J's sooner or later.

For a different form factor I've seen this on reddit today. But looks like a pretty tight fit in a Hammond 1550P box.

Apropos form factor, what happened to the other yihi chip with the giant colored oled screen that got mentioned a while back ago?
    I love that box, I actually have a 1550p powder coated box, uncut, waiting for a project. Is anyone selling that box with the holes cut?

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2014
    Garden Grove, CA, USA
    www.facebook.com

Actually the 350J chip will only go as high as 50J in TC mode no matter what the battery configuration. 120W with 2 batteries in series in wattage mode.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Has anyone actually checked to see how accurate the voltage meter is on the board?
    I'm using a lipo pack and I can't run it below 3.3v , I can add a voltage meter alarm if I need to but I'm wondering if I need too? Lipos being sensitive I gotta be sure. Do you know what the board does at low input voltages. When it starts saying low, when it stops working, much appreciated. .

My experience is it cuts off at 3.3v. But encourage others to chime in here.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    My experience is it cuts off at 3.3v. But encourage others to chime in here.

The SXmini won't let you fire below 3.30V, but it has to get below 3.30V for that to happen. If you have 3.31V, it will let you fire, but once you go below 3.30V it drops the power but continues firing. You can, and will, get below 3.30V regularly. If you need a hard cutoff at 3.30V, don't rely on this - it's meant for 18650 cells which are fine down to 2.5V really.

Are you considering voltage drop and current draw? Depending on the current you're drawing at the time, there is significant voltage drop on an 18650. If you fire at 3.30V, it could be as much as 0.5V - I've seen it in the display. YiHi recommends a 20A (SX350mini) or 25A (SX350J) battery for good reason. A regulated mod draws more and more current the lower the battery voltage. I calculated the SX350mini to draw 20A at 60W at 3.30V left on the battery, based on YiHi's reported efficiency. That's why they recommend at least a 20A battery...

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Its going to handle it fine. Its going to sense the higher input voltage and switch it to 120W in Power mode.....it doesn;t care what kind of battery and how many....its based on the input voltage only. Plenty of folks are running Lipos on the regular mini board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macaiah

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2013
    Okinawa, Japan
    I've got a few SX350 mini and SX350 100W mods floating around. You need to be vigilant when using LiPo cells in series. From my experience, they read the batteries' voltage about .6-.8v high on 2S packs. I don't suggest letting them fall below 7.4v on the chip's display. LiPo's generally should not be discharged below 3.6v per cell. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serialk1llr

Nov 2, 2014
    Ohio
    Uggh... I could deal with the SX350 mini chip having board-mounted buttons, but dealing with the glue/epoxy on top of it and it's just an effing mess. Complicates my box build exponentially. And the USB being crooked as **** is just salting the wounds.

So did we confirm for certain that those 4 pads on the side of the board aren't for our own button relocation?

Reactions: jka3588

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2013
    Lab City USA
    www.mothersmilkwta.com
    What about the solder points on the edge of the board can they be used for up down switches? Anyone? What does YIHI say about them.
    Im not too happy with all the EPOXY!!!! or the bent at an angle USB either.
    It will be all good though if we can use those pads on the board edge...

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Update:

Good news folks....YiHi tells me they can open up those 4 solder points to use with the switches. Software update coming for it....remember we went through this with the original 35w chip so I asked if they could do the same here :) They say yes and will for us in May! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...LOL. Stay tuned as always and if something changes I always report it here....just been quiet with all the mod stuff.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

Portertown

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 20, 2013
    Greenville, NC, USA
    Update:

Good news folks....YiHi tells me they can open up those 4 solder points to use with the switches. Software update coming for it....remember we went through this with the original 35w chip so I asked if they could do the same here :) They say yes and will for us in May! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...LOL. Stay tuned as always and if something changes I always report it here....just been quiet with all the mod stuff.

Thanks for following up with YiHi on this. This will make this board so much more "friendly" to many mod designs.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2013
    Lab City USA
    www.mothersmilkwta.com
    Update:

YESSSSS!!!!! So glad they can do it with software....

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread