Not open for further replies.

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
Cool....
Whats that Bling around the bezel kind of hard to see in the pictures?
I am rebuilding my Omega and getting rid of the cotton wick so I can blow clouds with out setting it on fire when I change flavors.

alright time for you show me yours and I show you mine :)

This is what I threw together yeterday...I don't know why the pics rotated other than its from my phone
View attachment 334540 View attachment 334541

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
I haven't had the time to even come out with a new design for sx350 all I have done is this, glued same black walnut and curly maple.

20140511_002923.jpg 20140511_002938.jpg

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Cool....
Whats that Bling around the bezel kind of hard to see in the pictures?
I am rebuilding my Omega and getting rid of the cotton wick so I can blow clouds with out setting it on fire when I change flavors.

LOL.....I was going to build a bezel and my wife was at Michael's and found these little picture frames that I guess would hang off a necklace like a charm....I cut off the extra parts and its the exact size. So I used that!!!! She of course thinks it awesome....

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok I'll show you mine, been working on it spare time past few days but still not finished yet, this is a 26650 sx350 bottom feeder, desert ironwood with brushed aluminum trim, still under construction, I just got it powered up tonight :)

20140511_023842_zps0efa3cf9.jpg

still have to cut out the display window

20140511_023919_zps2e470b26.jpg

20140511_024011_zps717730c3.jpg

20140511_024101_zpsf57ac3ae.jpg

20140511_024318_zpsed044a9a.jpg

20140511_024416_zps3f5cefa3.jpg

20140511_024722_zps4b814b1b.jpg

one minor issue I have is the screen is glued to the board slightly crooked. I milled a channel for the chip and will mill out a window for the display perfectly square to the chip but the screen is glued tilted with the left side slightly lower than the right. I'm not talking about how it looks crooked in these shots, that's because the chip isn't mounted flush yet and is just laying in there, but when it's perfectly flush and flat it's still slightly tilted. that's always been a pet peeve of mine, having a perfectly centered perfectly straight and square display and display cut out, I hate seeing a crooked or off center display... drives me nuts... if I can't cut some of the glue away and straighten it then I'm going to have to modify the channel the chip sits in so I can tilt the chip a little to get the display straight, otherwise every things been great with this chip so far :)

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

BlueFlyingV

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
Houston TX
The charger is down in the bottom in between the screw threads. It was a super tight fit, had to do a lot of whittling on stuff to get it all in there. I'll try to get a better pic up later.

Seems that the battery voltage display is about .12v off on mine. When the charger cut off and went green it read 4.33v but the battery read 4.21v with my Fluke 179 so.........

Other than that this thing performs awesome!:vapor:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
this wood is very hard and dense, dimensional stability is amazing after it's worked, one of the heaviest and hardest woods there is, not quite as heavy as aluminum but heavy enough that it will sink, not float on water :) working it reminds me of aluminum in a sense, it's my new favorite wood. before this I've been working with snakewood which is also one of the most hardest and dense woods but it is much more brittle and crack prone, where the desert ironwood seems to be much more resistant to cracks and splintering... I've dropped this piece a few times already and nothing, it's solid as a rock... I dropped a similarly machined billet of snakewood and it split right up the center.

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
this wood is very hard and dense, dimensional stability is amazing after it's worked, one of the heaviest and hardest woods there is, not quite as heavy as aluminum but heavy enough that it will sink, not float on water :) working it reminds me of aluminum in a sense, it's my new favorite wood. before this I've been working with snakewood which is also one of the most hardest and dense woods but it is much more brittle and crack prone, where the desert ironwood seems to be much more resistant to cracks and splintering... I've dropped this piece a few times already and nothing, it's solid as a rock... I dropped a similarly machined billet of snakewood and it split right up the center.

Yeah I kind of figure it would be a strong one, but sometimes names can be misleading. Thanks for the info.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nice! Can you tell me what dimension that hammond(?) box is? Did you spray paint yours or did it come like this? Thanks.

PS: So far turbocad6 clearly wins eh? :)

LOL.....perhaps.....but I think everybody is winning when I see all the mods being created!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread