The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The charger is down in the bottom in between the screw threads. It was a super tight fit, had to do a lot of whittling on stuff to get it all in there. I'll try to get a better pic up later.

Seems that the battery voltage display is about .12v off on mine. When the charger cut off and went green it read 4.33v but the battery read 4.21v with my Fluke 179 so.........

Other than that this thing performs awesome!:vapor:

Update on the voltage reading: Several of us have noted that the display reads the battery voltage slightly higher than the actual battery voltage when read directly from the battery with a meter. The good news its the battery is charging to the correct level but the readout is slightly high.

I reported this to YiHi last week and they just let me know they will resolve this via an upgrade flash. Not sure when but they thanked us collectively (all you guys for taking the time to measure and report) for finding this and reporting it.

Stay tuned!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I just ordered a SX350 chip and a Hammond box and am going to make a SX350 mod I am very excited to get my parts and build this mod
is there a bezel? for the screen at shapeways? never mind I found a whole front door for the 1590a :)
thanks to all that posted in the thread it really helps :)

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I built a mamu mod and there is a fuse in the positive line between the battery and the board I don't see a fuse in here do we need one?

When I got mine the usb wasn't soldered on the board (didn't get it from Varitube), but I also got two papers. One of the below and one with some dimensions and showed where the usb wires need to be soldered to the board. My copy is all folded and nasty and I have been looking for a digital copy to share.

Screenshot-5_9_201410_26_35AM_zps69fe93e3.png

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
Everyone must be busy building their new mods with this SX350 chip and do not have time to post. I already have my chip, but I am waiting to see what others build with it before I start building mine.

Well I can tell you all mine will be made out of wood, I finally setup my milling machine today and already started doing a few things I will post just one Wood box since the other I cant post pics of cause it will be for a friend, I will let him post it when he gets it.

This pics are of box rough shape I haven't done any sanding, just basic cuts and shape.

This is curly maple with walnut.

20140514_192208.jpg 20140514_192223.jpg 20140514_192234.jpg

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
I built a mamu mod and there is a fuse in the positive line between the battery and the board I don't see a fuse in here do we need one?

I just solder directly to the sony vtc5 30A battery. i dont think you need it. But i could be mistaken. Ill check the specs...

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
it has been quiet! Nice work vewdew!

+1 Steamer for everybody posting so far!

I ordered some 1550P boxes to try. As always the trick is the cut outs so I'll see how that goes when I get them!

As an aside...i have been working on some low profile 510 connectors that sit inside the box rather than stick up.....maybe 1mm with air slots above the mod and the rest inside with a nut to secure the deal! Spring loaded and probably similar to another one thats not yet out there but coming soon I hear.... but there's only so many ways to make a short spring loaded 510! Looking for some samples to be delivered soon and once I approve we'll have them in stock shortly there after!

Cheers!

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
it has been quiet! Nice work vewdew!

+1 Steamer for everybody posting so far!

I ordered some 1550P boxes to try. As always the trick is the cut outs so I'll see how that goes when I get them!

As an aside...i have been working on some low profile 510 connectors that sit inside the box rather than stick up.....maybe 1mm with air slots above the mod and the rest inside with a nut to secure the deal! Spring loaded and probably similar to another one thats not yet out there but coming soon I hear.... but there's only so many ways to make a short spring loaded 510! Looking for some samples to be delivered soon and once I approve we'll have them in stock shortly there after!

Cheers!

Ya we need to get more mods done so it can be busy here.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe

Sounds great! Will it have a solid center pin with the spring outside of the pin? Like this?

Ding

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    Molon Labe
    Adding fuses is a preference and is added protection to your mod. Using the SX350 chip doesn't require the use of fuses as it has built in protection but it doesn't hurt to add fuses to protect your creation.

this is what I needed to know about fuses for mods.I have thought it,a fuse, would be needed for a mod.Might need a couple now just to be safe,in my mind that is.Yeah scary thought bein in there..Thanks

that is a suweet mod also TC.I have some nice exotics too.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 17, 2011
    brooklyn ny
    thanks, I really want to build a spring loaded center pin too, but with the bottom feeder, having it not leak is another complication. I set this one up with enough room under the 510 to build something eventually but I want it to be low resistance high current so for now I just went with a fixed solid 510 and clocked it to line up my atty airhole just where I want it so it tightens to tight and it's just there where it needs to be. probably leave the chalice on here and if I do then it's not an issue but I made the whole 510 atty seat removable and replaceable so I may just set up another 510 base for a cyclone with duals and clock that exactly as it needs to be too, then I can just switch out the whole 510 head with the atty... the 510 base on this one is a satin finish to match the chalice but I can use a more polished 510 base to match the cyclone or any other polished atty

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread