There Was A Copperhead In My Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
I received my Copperhead from the contest. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised before even tasting the juice. The bubble envelope was the rip resistant kind that requires a pair of scissors to open. The bottles were in a baggie that had a tamper seal wrapped around it. Plus the seal had a more extensive warning about nicotine and included a warning for pregnant women. I found that to be very cool. That kind of responsibility can go a long way in helping our community. There was also a card with a nice little message and a bit about steeping the juice.

The icing on the cake? There was a handwritten note on the invoice congratulating me on my win. Plus they tossed in a tiny bottle of Absolute Apple for sampling. That was a shocker. I didn't buy my juice, they were giving it to me. Yet, they gave me a sample of another flavor to go with it. That is definitely above and beyond. I have a bottle of Jade Tiger somebody sent me. So, I was already interested in buying from M-E-L anyway. This pretty much sealed the deal.

The Copperhead had five days to steep in transit. So, I decided to try out half a cart worth. It is a winner. A musky tobacco with a slightly sweet honey note and the occasional appearance of a vanilla extract taste. It has some depth to it and doesn't taste like it relies on the usual "USA Blend" tobacco flavoring. It does taste like a synthetic, but it tastes almost like an oriental or latakia more than the usual cigarette blend simulation.

The big bonus is that the honey isn't rampaging through the flavor. It is a nice sideman, but it never tries to steal the show. If steeping helps move it along in a similar flavor fashion it will be my top synthetic tobacco so far. I can see myself definitely preferring it to Halo or Killer Juice at this point.

A touch of perique flavor in this would be nice. It might turn it a bit too hard core for those that enjoy it's mild manner though.

Last edited:

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
I aired the bottle out for a couple of hours. Then I shook the bottle with vigor. Then I let it air a couple more hours and shook with vigor again. Today the blueberry is obvious, the honey is pretty much gone (a ghost in the cartomizer?) and the tobacco has more oomph. A lot of change with just a bit of air and shaking. There is still the occasional hint of vanilla and a creamy roundness that keeps the tobacco from getting too aggressive.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
I would have never tried it if they listed the flavor as blueberries and cream tobacco. However, it works extremely well. Nine days out from manufacture things are melded together extremely well. The tobacco is a nice smokey blend that doesn't come across as your average, "USA Blend" cigarette simulation. It tastes a bit like smooth Virginia and something darker. A lot of work went in to getting these flavors right and get them balanced.

Just make sure you air it out for about six hours, shake it well daily, and wait until at least seven days from manufacture. At first it came across as honeyish with vanilla extract. It was obviously synthetic. After six or seven days old it all magically popped together.

This has been my all day vape. No small compliment coming from a n.e.t lover.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
Thank you, Mike!! We love that you're loving it! The detailed analysis and review is much appreciated! I'm sure this will prove to be very helpful for others thinking of trying Copperhead!

I'm seriously considering ordering another bottle just to have it steeping while I go through this one. I'm wondering what it would taste like a month out. It seems like age is starting to bring around the tobacco and really refining the blueberries. They taste less like the blueberries in a Little Debbie muffin and much more realistic.

Thank you for the sample. I hope my reviews will help send somebody your way.

stvan1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Grand Rapids MI USA
This has great taste to me. fortunately I live just a few miles from the big store. Snagged 120ml of Copperhead on sale the other day. I hope they keep this one. It's a tossup with this and Grey matter. But RY4 is right up there too. Their juices I have tried have bold flavors imo. Which just happens to be the way I like them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

stvan1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Grand Rapids MI USA
Let me tell you one of the reasons I love Mister E. Yes it is great living 10 minutes from the main store and I can always find several juices in the discount bin to sample, but a month or so ago I stopped in there needing a new tank for a protank 2 mini. The young (to me) man working behind the counter, who is now the manager at that store, told me they didn't stock it but he told me of another vape store (two blocks from where I live) that usually had replacement tanks and might have one and they did. That is the main reason I purchased my ProVari from him and will continue to shop there. That to me shows they value their customers and will go out of their way to help us. Yes, I have several shops close to me and I would have stopped at that store anyway because I like him also and I would hate to see any of them go under.
I will say this also, they make some darn tasty juice there, pretty much my go to store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread