They say we look ridiculous, Really???

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by rcrowleyiv, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rcrowleyiv

rcrowleyiv New Member

I recently read an article stating that e cig users look ridiculous using/vaping their various gadgets. Seriously? that's the best you got for criticism on a cancer free alternative for smoking? A lot of people don't like to accept change, and new and better ways of doing things. It's always been that way. Traditional smoking only looks better or more normal to the average person because that is what everyone is used to seeing. Never imagining it being any other way but what it is. As time passes, people will be used to seeing someone vaping, just like they are used to the look of smoking. Then, we won't have to read these stupid comments anymore.

2. ChrisCG

ChrisCG Full Member

Much like the dissonant chord in music which will sound "wrong" or "off" to the inexperienced listener, things that we are not used to observing on a regular basis, seem strange, weird or wrong. Once you start to see it (or hear it to complete the analogy) more often, it won't be so "ridiculous".

3. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yep ridiculous, but healthier.

4. Smoot

Smoot Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

oxygen tanks= looks ridiculous.

5. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I never cared much what people thought and it has served me well. When they pay my bills I will care.

6. Mike4177

Mike4177 Full Member

You know what looks stupid. Smoking a cigarette. I'll take my nemesis and aqua any day

7. SamNapolitanke

SamNapolitanke Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think i look pretty cool, just sayin...

8. davis0710

davis0710 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Our local news news had a story on e cigarettes today. I told my wife they had to pic the biggest idiots to be on the news special. Young hipsters blowing smoke rings and french inhaling on camera. I think that does make us look stupid. Not everyone vapes like a teenager. Try showing the people that actually quit smoking because of e cigs who don't try to flaunt it as a sport. Just my :2c:

9. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I agree with you Davis0710, they do tend to pick the young ones to show the world. They haven't had one positive thing to say about vaping so I know it's all negative hype to scare the masses and keep smokers smoking. Most smokers are smarter than that and do their research and eventually find themselves here thankfully. Too many media zombies.

10. erazzz

erazzz Super Member ECF Veteran

I think I look much cooler than before :laugh:

I smell much better too ;)

11. IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One of the greatest feelings in the world is when you finally figure out it makes no different what other people think. I know what I'm doing is the best thing for me at this point and could cares less what anyone else thinks. ;)

12. Smoot

Smoot Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Media needs to sit down with people who smoked 20+ years, that tried everything else to quit that didn't work and ask them about "e-cig's". Sadly, that is something we will never see.

13. Runningw235

Runningw235 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Looking a little silly sounds much better than smoking cigarettes to me.

14. Nameless_1

Nameless_1 Full Member Verified Member

I'll repeat what erazzz said because it is so true:

15. rasteron

rasteron Full Member

I got the same grief at the shop where I work, 7 weeks ago. Fast forward those 7 weeks, and there are nearly a dozen of us that are vaping exclusively. No analogs, just vape. Thats a dozen ex-smokers. I'm very proud of us, and don't care about the comments and strange looks. Vaper's rock as far as I'm concerned.

16. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

So smoking a cigarette looks better? No haha, nonononono. New things will always look ridiculous at first but they're going to have to get used to it. We want a healthier alternative and were going to vape it, I personally don't think we look that ridiculous at all. In fact, we look better and smell better and are way healthier than anyone smoking cigarettes.

17. Gregorious

Gregorious Full Member Verified Member

I live in MN, and I used to be one of those "idiots" freezing my ... off on my smoke breaks. So We don't only look cooler and smell better like erazz pointed out, but in the winters here, we're warmer too.

18. Kowboy_Kenny

Kowboy_Kenny Full Member Verified Member

What is cool is not smelling like smoke and not offending people with cigarette smoke

19. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

More people are curious about my vaping vs complaining about it these days. 3 years ago I'd have a manager at a restaurant relate a complaint from a customer. Today I am asked for information on where to get started vaping.

20. lightbud404

lightbud404 Serial Vapist Verified Member ECF Veteran

who cares about what they think ...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.