Things sure have changed 'round here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I do remember the "just let them fight it out" mentality. My sister had things just right, she was twice my size to begin with and she'd make a fist, put her hand over the other fist to double the impact and slam it down into the middle of my back so I would have the wind knocked out of me. That way I couldn't scream for mom. Which didn't matter so much anyway as when I finally DID have a breath of air and staggered to Mom she (my mom, that is!!!!) would call me a tattletale...

Yep...I surely do remember fighting things out, LOL. The boys more than the girls, obviously. My sister just happened to find it an art form, apparently.

I definitely don't remember guns in school but then I SURELY don't see that now, either. To an extent that's obviously regional. Even parents who have been with the same school system and same school building (elementary, high school or whatever) are practically frisked before we're allowed to go dig in the class gardens, LOL. And believe it or not, to volunteer for certain things, such as chaperoning class trips, we have to be fingerprinted...yeah, seriously. If we aren't fingerprinted at the cop shop we don't go. Period.

U didnt hear about that recent story where the kid brought a gun to school and started shooting classmates randomly. Shot the teacher who was trying to save the other students.
But it gets weirder, there was another story I don't know if he was actually successful. These were 4th graders, one kid gave another kid a gun and told him to keep anyone from interfering, so he could stab this little girl because she was annoying the kid brought the gun to school. Yeah I know where were the parents, but this crap is happening. Lol your sister was brutal

U didnt hear about that recent story where the kid brought a gun to school and started shooting classmates randomly. Shot the teacher who was trying to save the other students.
But it gets weirder, there was another story I don't know if he was actually successful. These were 4th graders, one kid gave another kid a gun and told him to keep anyone from interfering, so he could stab this little girl because she was annoying the kid brought the gun to school. Yeah I know where were the parents, but this crap is happening. Lol your sister was brutal

God yes, I have heard these pieces of horrible news, especially as a parent we and our kids feel the repercussions greatly...everyone is afraid of such a thing happening and it's becoming more of an "it can happen anywhere" kind of thought...scary stuff.

Yes, my sister was freaking HORRIBLE to me but would you believe today we're best friends! :p I still kid her that she's only calling me because her other best friend ditched her...

lol ... yup, we were always jumping off the roof ... my Dad was a Fireman and we used to practice rescue jumps.

missed the safety blanket/cardboard many times :evil:

Ha! This is how my husband broke his clavicle in the 8th grade. Now that he's older than the dirt on Jesus' shoes it hurts him ALL the time...more often in wet weather...I have asked him, "Why the hell did you jump off a roof???" and he just stares at me like he never considered such a weird question and goes, "I don't know."

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Ha! This is how my husband broke his clavicle in the 8th grade. Now that he's older than the dirt on Jesus' shoes it hurts him ALL the time...more often in wet weather...I have asked him, "Why the hell did you jump off a roof???" and he just stares at me like he never considered such a weird question and goes, "I don't know."

ROFLMAO.............................................
I tell my son; the stuff you do now you will feel it later, they used to tell me that when I was younger.
Or when I complain about my shoulder my son says see I'm glad I didnt play football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread