Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
dang ... after using these almost exclusively for a couple weeks, i set my 357's aside to use some other attys that i like a lot.... good way to really appreciate the 357.
Best way to vape these is to use something else for a couple hours/days, and then hit up a 357.... good God... the flavor of the juice, like nothing else!

My customs have been shipped; i hope they are the V2....

AmnNate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Charleston, SC
Apparently I missed the announcement, but what's changed in the "V2"? I understand the "custom" option, but I've been holding off on ordering a replacement for my last one until I hear I'll get the "new" version. Lol, it just seems like the thing to do, since I don't even know what's new! I miss my 357, I gotta have one, but I have no need to order a custom one. Is that the only way to get the V2? Thanks and sorry for being too lazy to go hunting for the info, lol.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
the V2 is apparently only available for custom right now... until they make the total switch over, then they will all be V2 at same price as before..$22 vs $24 for custom.
Apparently I missed the announcement, but what's changed in the "V2"? I understand the "custom" option, but I've been holding off on ordering a replacement for my last one until I hear I'll get the "new" version. Lol, it just seems like the thing to do, since I don't even know what's new! I miss my 357, I gotta have one, but I have no need to order a custom one. Is that the only way to get the V2? Thanks and sorry for being too lazy to go hunting for the info, lol.

v2 is wider wraps of the coil with separation between wraps, and less filler ....better performance...

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
my v2s arrived today. 2 1.5s and a 2.0. i have a 1/5 long barrel on right now breaking it in. the draw seems a bit tight right now but flavor is outstanding. by tonight it will be rocking is what i predict. the 2.0 wont be used til i have my vv reo in hand.

please! keep us posted :)

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Thing I realized:

There is actually a big difference between 1.5 and 2 ohm 357's. I wanted to order some 1.5 and 2.5s but the 2.5s were sold out at the time. I was thinking I wouldnt be able to really tell a difference between 1.5 and 2, but the difference is very noticeable.

Having gone from a Volt with carts directly to a Reo with 1.5 HH357s, I felt the 1.5 357 was a little to "hot" for my tastes...this 2.0 version seems to be a good mix, not as hot, and get better flavor, (probably better batt life too)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
excellent; as it should be regarding batt life....good to hear that you are getting better taste too... i find the 1.5 357 to be very mild or cool compared to most other 1.5's I've ever tried; most 1.5 are too hot for me, and i stick with 1.8 lately.... I use the 1.5 Ohm 357 LR at 3.2 to 3.4v or so.
Thing I realized:

There is actually a big difference between 1.5 and 2 ohm 357's. I wanted to order some 1.5 and 2.5s but the 2.5s were sold out at the time. I was thinking I wouldnt be able to really tell a difference between 1.5 and 2, but the difference is very noticeable.

Having gone from a Volt with carts directly to a Reo with 1.5 HH357s, I felt the 1.5 357 was a little to "hot" for my tastes...this 2.0 version seems to be a good mix, not as hot, and get better flavor, (probably better batt life too)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
are you overfeeding ? seems like you are blowing because too much juice...?
so far so good but i am having to blow the long barrel out several times a day and when i do its like wowow!! best taste ive ever had. wish i didnt need to blow out so much though also wish the draw was a little easier. i havent tried the short barrels yet.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
that's the only way if intuition is a guide... you get the best vapes with "just the right amount" in that cup... if I start to put more, it would require VV i think.
you may be right uke...im just so scared to pop the coil that im trying to keep it really wet at all times

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
hmmm on second thought i look at what i have now, a 1.5 901 on an eGo usb 1100mah (regulated 3.3v)... just right. So yes, i vape it until it's a tad dry, which tells me (the dry vape) that i need to redrip.Then i re drip. * that could be my problem; waiting for the dry vape. hmmm
Ideally i'd count the vapes, then know to drip before the dry vape.
Also i'd measure say 3 drops to calculate how many vapes before it might get dry.... sounds like a fun project. Whether i can be consistent is another story...hahah

that's the only way if intuition is a guide... you get the best vapes with "just the right amount" in that cup... if I start to put more, it would require VV i think.

Decidion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Washington State
I don't know if this was covered in earlier pages of this thread, but I had been cleaning out my HH.357s with grain alcohol by soaking them overnight. I also drilled out the breather holes in the bottom after a month or so. Still was getting a tough draw.

Then I boiled them for 5 minutes when I gave my Reo it's first hot bath tonight and wow, it's like they are brand new.

No more Everclear, its a hot boil once a week or so from now on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread