Think E-Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
This is the kind of thread I don't mess with..for a good reason. There is no "right" answer and a lot of feelings to be hurt.
But My take is while I adore animals and I really like trees and nature..I like living more! I have only had one carto to throw out so far..my beloved Cinnamon with no threads. But I am not sweating throwing them out. I have to be doing less damage with a few dozen cartomizers then with the 80 gabillion ciggie butts!
If I can quit smoking and hopefully cut vaping down with a 0 nic in the future..then maybe..just maybe, I won't waste resources in the the future with all my medical problems.
What do you all do with your batteries for camers's, music devices, laptops and breathing aides? What do you do with all your copd and asthma atomizers? What about the plastic from medicine bottles, packaging and toxic cotton stuffing from said medicine bottles?

Let's get healthy, be responsible with our lives and then we can tackle the rest of the world.

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
What do you all do with your batteries for camers's, music devices, laptops and breathing aides? What do you do with all your copd and asthma atomizers? What about the plastic from medicine bottles, packaging and toxic cotton stuffing from said medicine bottles? .

I do what any respectable man does with his trash...

I build a fort!
funny-pictures-fort-cat-cries-on-trash-day.jpg

But on a serious note I like seeing a lot of the answers that were posted. (sadly none of them are ones i can really toss into my hippie friends face) But still I can see how these cartomizers are still not as bad as some of the trash thats tossed into the world. (like condoms in the ocean 8-o )

I will just use juice and use my carts till they die, to at least try to do a little part in keeping a bunny from eating one of my carts and exploding due to the nic level...

Just a comment on
Originally Posted by Wireguy
Are animals this stupid? I don't think so. I mean plastic doesn't taste or smell like any kind of food I've ever eaten and my taste and smell capabilities are far short of almost all animals out there.
My dog eats its own poop...

RanVapor

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Texas
The carts are made of recyclable metals, that unlike cigarette butts, will not be carelessly tossed from windows into the gutters or strewn all over pristine hiking trails. If your hippie friends can't fathom the difference vaping has on the environment compared to analogs, then try blowing cigarette smoke in their face, followed by a mouthful of sweet vanilla vapor :)

That crying Indian from the old commercials still haunts my dreams, so I will be getting the most life I can outta my carts before they get tossed into a proper receptacle.

Now about that tattoo...?

My dog eats its own poop...

LMAO, why do they do this? They love cat poo even more, it's like crack candy to them.

Your post cracked me up Gamer, too bad you are Alliance...:p

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Like I said before. See above.This arguement assumes that all of the sources of food they see is inedible. They are eating only plastic? There is so much plastic out there that that is all they are eating? It's not like animals or avians will eat anything put in front of them. I mean if you put rocks in front of them will they eat rocks? Why are they eating plastic?
[...]
Err umm. Wow I have a hard time even going to the trouble with coming up with a rebuttal for this. What kind of crap are you reading? Think! Think! Think!
Check sources, then think. Sample of that crap you're wondering about:
Synthetic polymers in the marine environment: a rapidly increasing, long term threat
The pollution of the marine environment by plastic debris: a review
Increasing frequency of plastic particles ingested by seabirds in the subarctic North Pacific

Gamer: Along the lines of what RanVapor mentions... You could drop the fact that cigarette butts make up an estimated one-quarter of all litter (NY Times article) on grounds and roadways in many cities. I don't know about you guys, but I was far from a saint about disposing of cigarette butts...and cartomizers have been a completely different story.

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
OFF TOPIC!
Im horde on my PVP servers. I would STILL Be horde on my PVE server for raiding but Alliance outnumber Horde 10 to 1 on my server :(

It takes FOREVER to do anything on the horde and everyone on the horde are there because they are alliance rejects lol.

Plus Alliance isnt bad as long as you play before the schools let out... then it sucks :(

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I'm not going to get into an argument about this (and I'm sorry for the delayed reply but I have been out of town) But here ya go....a picture speaks a thousand words and this pic has not been photoshopped. Take a good long look at it. No animals aren't stupid, but apparently people who don't realize they are depleting every last resource available to them, might be. Why don't you do some research on Easter Island as well....seriously...there is a lot to be learned if people would just have an open mind.
800px-albatross_chick_plastic.jpg

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
Normally I appreciate your well reasoned post. OK. I've read your links.
To quote myself:
This argument assumes that all of the sources of food they see is inedible. They are eating only plastic? There is so much plastic out there that that is all they are eating?

You're saying that all or most of the substances they are eating is inedible? No where in your links is any thing that refutes my basic premise. Yes they are eating plastic. I will cede that point. Show where every thing they eat is plastic. It would have to be over whelming for a complete dietary break down to occur. If there is a particular bird that only eats plastic think of it as evolution in action.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
OK. not trying to get into an argument at this point but what am I seeing?

As far as thinking my reply was rude well wrong or right it's an opinion. If you think disagreement is rude, I respectfully disagree.

I'm not going to get into an argument about this (and I'm sorry for the delayed reply but I have been out of town) But here ya go....a picture speaks a thousand words and this pic has not been photoshopped. Take a good long look at it. No animals aren't stupid, but apparently people who don't realize they are depleting every last resource available to them, might be. Why don't you do some research on Easter Island as well....seriously...there is a lot to be learned if people would just have an open mind.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
no animals aren't stupid, but apparently people who don't realize they are depleting every last resource available to them, might be.

You are 100% correct. I will sell my house just as soon as you sell yours and build a mud hut. I mean after all we did kill all them trees to have a place to lay our heads. Also, please sell your car and stop using any electricity of any kind including batteries.And no cheating...bikes are not allowed. metal and rubber are needed to make those pesky things. That leaves you the option of a horse,mule or your own 2 feet. Good luck with that ! Using those devices of course depletes every last resource available to us (your words) And also start taking shorter breaths because i believe your using up way to much oxygen and i want my fair share. Also, stop shopping at the grocery store and grow your own food. Heaven forbid we should burn up all those fossil fuels to feed you. Growing your own food should not be a problem. Just think of all the variety you will have.

Nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread