thinking about a regulated mod, best one for $50 or less?

Discussion in 'Variable Voltage APV Discussion' started by diceman1000, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. diceman1000

diceman1000 Super Member Verified Member

like the title says. i've been vaping solid for about a month with a Vision Spinner 2 and Aerotank/Nautilus combo. i've been seriously eyeballing regulated mods like the MVP 2, DNA 30 clones, Vamo V5, etc and plan to keep using my clearos along with a Kayfun clone of some sort... what would be the best?

2. LA-Vapite

LA-Vapite Senior Member ECF Veteran

Personally I like the Vamo V5.
    It has held up nicely for me and I recently turned my friend onto it with some PT2's to get started.
    He really like the jump in power compared to his ego's

I loved (past) the SVD, but my button hits maybe 3/10 times.(many have this issue too)
    Too bad as it was really nice and nice looking when it worked

Many swear by the MVP as well

Don't think you can go wrong with these

3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Not many in that price range. If you can find one for under $50, an iTaste MVP-2 is a lot of bang for your bucks.

Non-replaceable, rechargeable 2800mah battery can last up to three days on a charge. Uses a USB charger which can also be used as a passthru to save battery life. Enough battery power to charge your cell phone or iPod.

Built in voltage and ohm meters. LED screen. Kit comes with either two iClear 16 or one iClear 30S clearomizers and a beauty ring adaptor.

KFL+MVP2.jpg MVP V2.jpg MVP_in_hand.jpg

The baby brother to the iTaste MVP is the iTaste VV3. Same features but with only an 800 mah battery.

itaste.jpg

4. AndriaD

AndriaD ECF Guru & Tootle Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sigelei Zmax v5 (v3 if you can find it, it might be cheaper than a v5). Much shorter than a Vamo, and it's telescoping, so you can also use the medium sized 18490/18500 batteries. Excellent quality!

Andria

5. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Pssst...Baditude...isn't the mvp2 a 2600mah battery mod?

6. USMCotaku

USMCotaku Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I love my taste v3, but am now finding the 11 watts limiting, now that I am rebuilding my kanger heads. I want a 30 watt or better

7. anumber1

anumber1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Too bad you chose a $50 limit as a ft hana clone is $56.

No way I would spend the $50 on a 15w Chinese mod when the cana 30w mods are so cheap.

Heck, $100 can get you a 50w mod now.

8. diceman1000

Is the cana better than the MVP 2?

9. anumber1

anumber1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well. The mvp2 has usb charging and can charge another device. But, is only 11 watts.

I vape my kayfuns between 14 to 16 watts most of the time.

I have had a cloupor cana for 3 weeks now and love it. No 33hz pwm rattle like my SID (same chip as a zmax). No need for sub ohm builds (but can fire a .5 ohm build is you choose). The cana reads ohms. Has usb charging, short and low battery protections.

Fires my rdas at 30 watts and works great with my kayfuns @ 14w. Works ok with a 2.2 ohm clearo too if you want to fire a protank or nautilus for some reason.

Jmho but I wouldnt spend $40 to $50 on a mvp2 and not a ft hana for $56.

10. diceman1000

Gotcha, 30w vs 15w also... As far as my Aerotank and Nautilus go, I'll still be using them too.

11. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Variable Voltage APV Discussion from APV Discussion

12. monkey39

monkey39 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I own the Vamo V5, KSD KMax, and MVP 2.0 (in order of purchase), and, up until recently (just got a Sigelei 30w), the Vamo V5 was my go-to device, at home at least. VV/VW ranges are similar between the Vamo and KMax, but I prefer the 3-buttons and OLED screen of the Vamo vs the 1-button and LED screen of the KMax. I like the MVP 2.0, it fits in my pocket pretty well for out-and-about, but have too may regulated mods to use it much at home (champagne problems, right? :D).

One word of warning - the Vamo V5 has been known to have 510 threads that can strip with constant use. I always used it with either a 510 to 510 or ego to ego/510 adapter on it to prevent any issues with the stock 510 threads on it.

13. Chris Ardito

Chris Ardito Senior Member

Try this site. MVP2 $36

http://vapor-deals.com/index.php?route=common/home

14. diceman1000

man, i'm so torn:(

15. thomas l

thomas l Senior Member Verified Member

your tanks is a perfect mach for mvp2. no battery's to buy or charger,

16. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hey there :) I have MVP2 triplets and VV3 triplets. I am also looking at something a little different - I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* my MVPs, but I'm wondering what all the buzz is about with the Vamos or the Zmaxes, and even the Provaris. If I get something with more power, I'm going to try for something like 30-50W on the device.

I just picked up my 3rd MVP and VV3 from strictlyecig.com. Less than $70, including shipping, and it was to my door in just under 3 days. I also like 101vape - their prices are just slightly higher, but their base-color MVPs are 39.99. Energy and Shine are higher. Strictlyecig, base-color and Energy series are $37.99, and the Shine is only $42-ish. However their stock is quite limited at this time. Good price on the VV3 express kit, however, Just under $24; 101vape is just under $26

I will probably go for a mod with replaceable batteries next time - still gotta figure out what it is. :)

Good luck - lots of resources here to share the knowledge.

17. herb

herb Ultra Member ECF Veteran

MVP all the way , read the reviews just from one website like 101vape , the MVP gets all FIVE star reviews and there is 800+ reviews . Most say i have other much more expensive devices but the MVP is the one i use 99% time , no joke it is AWESOME.

I have a DNA 30 and a iPV as well and the MVP still is #1 in my book.

Here is what a veteran said in the "ask the veterans " forum:

The MVP has a flat signal which the Provari also has , but the MVP costs five times less money.

18. jbarrick

jbarrick Moved On Verified Member

19. diceman1000

just ordered one : )

20. diceman1000

Just checked the tracking, my MVP 2.0 has been delivered, c'mon quittin' time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.