Thinking about an Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

haproot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Hey all,
Currently using a prodigy v3 and I love the style of how the switch works and what not, however it is getting dated and I would like something that can take a kick. I was pretty set on a legacy, however I'm really liking the design of the Omega.

The only thing that is bugging me is that you cannot lock the switch, or at least, I haven't found anything that says that you can. I primarily carry my v3 in my pocket.

So my question is; Has anybody had issues with the switch firing in your pocket?

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Also how are tanks on this? Does it make it hard to use the switch? Just realized that it may be difficult if the tank is the same diameter as the omega. Maybe a Silver Bullet would be better in this regard eh?

I actually looked at one last night and did like the curvature of the body. When Scott pulled it out of the case I imediatly noticed it didn't have a push button on it. Scott then showed me the switch and told me that since I was planning on running pro tanks and Iclear 30's for a while that it would be difficult to use the switch. It looks as though if you dripped with it that it would be good to go. After I start dripping and get used to it I may make the omega my next mod. I am loving my silver bullet though......wow!

haproot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Hehe nice! Yeah that's a bummer, since I love the looks of it. I love having a pv with a tank as I don't have to really carry anything with me other than my pv. Soooo I guess I'll be getting a SB after all. I'm also considering rebuildables. So many options! I need a new tank but i'm not sure what I want to get. I've been getting Bud cartos for a Bud tank from puresmoker. But the reliability has been hit or miss on the cartos. How is the selection at altsmoke? Any good combos peeps have had good luck with?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Like any of these? Any good? Do they typically have a 510 connection?
AltSmoke.com - Rebuildable Tanks

I'm pretty good with electronics so i'd like to try my hand at them.

Those are some of the most popular RBAs out right now. The IGO-L as a dripper is good since it has a large deck, allowing you to try out different wick/coil setups. The AGA-T2(which I have) is great, you have a lot of options for coil configurations, single, dual, ss mesh, silica, ceramic and it has a pyrex glass tank so you can use any liquid in it without worrying about what might degrade a plastic tank. The RSST has been labeled the beginners genesis style tank, it has a plastic floor and insulated wick hole so ss mesh wicks won't short out in those spots(though if you build them right they won't anyway) and a spring loaded positive post. All good options depending on what you're looking for.

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well I'm getting antsy haha. Probably will be bustin out the credit card.

Quick question on the silver vein SBs.. Is that a type of finish, or is it like a powder coat or paint job? Just curious on what to expect on how well it holds up. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

my SB is a silver vein and i honestly think that the finish would hold up better but that is just my opinion. I hqvent owned it long enough to tell but it is more of a crinkle finish. The others look to be powder coated. Now having said that, i am hanging out at AltSmoke in cincinnati right now and will probable leave here with a orange SB. ;)

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here is a close up of the silver vein.

IMAG0017_zps34567f81.jpg

IMAG0018_zps02b5b5da.jpg

it is difficult to describe. It is a smooth to the touch finish but with dimples in it like you would see on a metal ship that was submerged in the ocean for many decades.
Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread