Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
The LED on the ProVari will still work in 5 years. The fancy ones on the China-made mods, not so much. It is also easy to see under any light conditions- at least the red ones I have. If they 'update' to a busy hard to read screen, I won't be buying any more.

Sometimes less is better.
Ok, I hate asking this because some people get offended...where's the Provari made????

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Ok, I hate asking this because some people get offended...where's the Provari made????

USA.
Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this questions here are some details:

The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.

We love to hear all the positive comments about the ProVari and PV1. Thank you for your support!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
You are right, but.....It is a military grade screen and chipset..and the power button is not mechanical..........made for LONG time use.

I only use mine to change volt settings....I rarely look at it, not that it bothers me. What I also like is the ability (which I use) to turn off the lighted power button. I vape in theaters and such...I never had liked any of my mods "lighting up" so to speak.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia

By your neighbors here in the US......... All those Chineese Mods you see......you cant send them back to get repaired. The Provari you can. They have a 1 year warranty and an option to buy two years.

Your next question will be: But I can buy two or three Chineese Mods for the price of one ProVari. The answer: Yes you can, and I have done the same thing. Its up to you really. I have friends that still enjoy their Ego and Clearomizers. I try not to let them Vape on My Provari and IBTanks. It would devastate them.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

Thank you, enough said...I'm getting a Provari, period, end of story. USA made makes me a happy girl. Not that theres anything wrong w/the rest, heck my current one isnt USA made and Provari states above parts from over seas. But...i try to support USA companies!

Thanks for your help guys but this just nailed the coffin shut for me. I will probably go w/a mini so IF by chance a more modern version comes out, I will go with the big boy.

Last question, for now...(LOL) I asked before but did't see a response. Does the SS get pretty finger printed up?

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Thank you, enough said...I'm getting a Provari, period, end of story. USA made makes me a happy girl. Not that theres anything wrong w/the rest, heck my current one isnt USA made and Provari states above parts from over seas. But...i try to support USA companies!

Thanks for your help guys but this just nailed the coffin shut for me. I will probably go w/a mini so IF by chance a more modern version comes out, I will go with the big boy.

Last question, for now...(LOL) I asked before but did't see a response. Does the SS get pretty finger printed up?

Just wear gloves... :D I really dont know, dont have a SS, I have two Brushed ones.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Just wear gloves... :D I really dont know, dont have a SS, I have two Brushed ones.

Lol no kidding and actually looking again, didn't realize there's two silvers..of course polished is the one I like but don't see that option for the mini! :(

May have to do a polished extender cap with a black one. Looks like the polished hopefully matches the top part of the mod? Hard to tell in these pics. Would prefer all polished. If I'm going Provari, I want to show that sucker off!! Go big or go home is my motto...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm excited too..searching out my "to buy list" of batts, charger, tanks..trying to figure out my grand total. YIKES! Lol. Believe it or not, the color of this damn Pravari will be the hardest for me. Once I see it in person, I will be able to see what everything looks like together, that is if the B&M has multiple colors to check out.

Torn on SS, black and really would like polished SS if it comes in the mini. Either way, I would like the extender to match the top ring which looks like polished. Decisions, decisions.....:unsure:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm excited too..searching out my "to buy list" of batts, charger, tanks..trying to figure out my grand total. YIKES! Lol. Believe it or not, the color of this damn Pravari will be the hardest for me. Once I see it in person, I will be able to see what everything looks like together, that is if the B&M has multiple colors to check out.

Torn on SS, black and really would like polished SS if it comes in the mini. Either way, I would like the extender to match the top ring which looks like polished. Decisions, decisions.....:unsure:

If you cant get to a store go with black- it goes with everything.
My next ProVari will be red then pink or pink then red- haven't worked that out yet. LOL!
It'll be after I get my Reo.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
FYI. I have the Black mini. Ordered the plain silver extension cap. It is not as shiny as the top cap, but I think the Polished SS cap is more shiny than the top cap, so if I had it to do again, I would order the Black extension cap.

Here is how mine looks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382308567.380865.jpg

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Nice comments to read on this thread....Angie, you will not be disappointed, and the top ring was not a real issue as far as color for me because I like the beauty rings to keep my provari and tanks a look of unison!! I have the mini is satin and red and enjoy them both. I still carry my twists out and about, and carry my minis which pretty much only have cartotanks on top of them on special "outings"!! Let us know what color and combination you end up with and you will probably have another in the mail within ummmmmm 30 days, any bets?:laugh:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Nice comments to read on this thread....Angie, you will not be disappointed, and the top ring was not a real issue as far as color for me because I like the beauty rings to keep my provari and tanks a look of unison!! I have the mini is satin and red and enjoy them both. I still carry my twists out and about, and carry my minis which pretty much only have cartotanks on top of them on special "outings"!! Let us know what color and combination you end up with and you will probably have another in the mail within ummmmmm 30 days, any bets?:laugh:

Ok, total noob question..what is a beauty ring? I'm kinda sad the extender doesn't match that top ring and I'm not seeing on ProVari's website the mini in polished SS even being offered. :cry::cry:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
One in silver!
9bbc378125a9a7fb6f7aefd1775915b7.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!! Is this the satin silver??? And the tank and the drip..this whole set up.. And I like the black and silver BernieVideo showed me too..these just look cool!

Does ProVapes sell these beauty rings or did u pick it up else where. Damn..lots of little fun toys to pick up for this mod!

Last edited:

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
AngiBe, in case you still have questions about size... the standard Provari Mini without extension cap and the Protank-II is exactly the same length as the Halo Triton w/non-VV 900 batt. The Mini's diameter is twice as large and three times the weight. But it really feels good in hand. You're going to have to relearn your preferred "hold", but I'm sure you'll have fun figuring out your Provari preference. If you're going to try bottom coils, RBAs and RDAs, you're going to have to relearn anyway. :thumb: Get at least two 18350 batts for downsized running around and at least two 18490 batts and an extension end cap for all day vaping without worrying about running out of power. Don't cheap-out on batteries... stick to button-top AW IMR High Drain batts and don't forget to pick up some battery boxes for storage/portability.

Halo Triton w/non-VV 900 mAh batt (left), Provari Mini w/18350 batt and Protank-II (center), Halo Triton 650 mAh batt with Halo 1.5 ml XL carto (right):

IMG_3749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread