Thinking of making a custom ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I have an idea for my ideal ecig and wanted to know about powering it.
I want to put 2 atomizers on and make some sort of 2 to 1 mouth piece so I can get a double hit.

Im pretty sure I want to use 2 dse 801 atomizers because for me they tend to last the longest. I will probably buy some adapters to experiment with different atomizers later though.

So the question I have is, if I use 2 3.7 volt batteries to power the 2 atomizers by putting them in a standard AAA battery case, the volts will be bumped up to 7.2 volts. If I run the 7.2 volts to 2 atomizers at the same time, will they each get 7.2 volts or will they each get 3.7 volts.

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
usually in a standard aaa case if one battery faces up and one faces down they will be in series so it will double the voltage (eg: one positive and negative will be 'linked' together by a bridge at the bottom and the non-linked positive is used and the non-linked negative of the other at the top.)

For a parellel connection just join both positives together and both negatives together (like jumper-leads on a car). This will keep the voltage the same but will double the capacity. (eg: both batteries will face up and there will be a bridge at the top for + and a bridge at the bottom for -)

Last edited:

BadState

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Redwood City, CA
I'm no expert, and I'm extrapolating from a website about wiring LEDs.

Assuming the batteries are in series, so you have 7.4 volts like you said, if you wire the atties in series also, each will get 3.7v. If you wire the atties in parallel, both get the whole 7.4v.

Big grain of salt. I can barely even solder. Someone more qualified please verify?

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm no expert, and I'm extrapolating from a website about wiring LEDs.

Assuming the batteries are in series, so you have 7.4 volts like you said, if you wire the atties in series also, each will get 3.7v. If you wire the atties in parallel, both get the whole 7.4v.

Big grain of salt. I can barely even solder. Someone more qualified please verify?

Yes.. but you still have to account for voltage drop across the connection!! Neither series nor parrallel will provide full capacity.. but series will cut the 7.4 in half to each atty and parrallel will supply 7.4 to each. voltage drop wil pobably account for .2 to .3 of a volt, respectively.

Last edited:

chc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
CT
so maybe it is better to use one battery for each atomizer so there is consistent volts going to each atomizer.

Thats what I did, now trying to figure out the 2 - 1 mouth piece

Dual Atty Box ,the last 3 pics

I had the polarity reversed but it still worked. I switched the battery terminals and now have the top of the batts pointing down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread