THINNER [Original Recipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
So after watching the 1996 horror film "THINNER" I was inspired by the end scenes to make a strawberry pie e-liquid!

This is my first recipe that I developed all by myself. Any likeness to another recipe is completely coincidental. Critical feedback & suggestions/additions are greatly appreciated!

-Milk (TPA) 1%
-Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 2%
-Pie Crust (TPA) 3%
-Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 6%
-Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) +10 drops from a HDPE needle tip per 30ml
TOTAL FLAVOR: 12%

Steep Time: Surprisingly good after a hard shake for 5 minutes, but the pie crust really develops after a week+.

Notes:My first batch, ALL percentages cut in half, and NO Acetyl Pyrazine. Originally used Strawberry Ripe by TFA at 3%. This can still be used, but the sweetness may need to be added in the form of a modifier.

I made my base at 70/30 VG/PG with 3mg. While I'm not sure if the VG percentage is crucial to the flavor of this recipe, I know this to be a good ratio for tanks, and drippers alike without sacrificing the flavor.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
You should read the book, it's much better than the movie. ;)

Thanks for this recipe. I love anything strawberry, and I have this jotted down. I'm just missing the pie crust flavor. I thought I had ordered it on my last flavor order, but after I hit "submit," I realized I forgot it! ROFL! So now I have to wait for the next order, but then I'm makin' this pie. :) Thanks for sharing! :D

~Lannie

Reactions: Kenna

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
You should read the book, it's much better than the movie. ;)

Thanks for this recipe. I love anything strawberry, and I have this jotted down. I'm just missing the pie crust flavor. I thought I had ordered it on my last flavor order, but after I hit "submit," I realized I forgot it! ROFL! So now I have to wait for the next order, but then I'm makin' this pie. :) Thanks for sharing! :D

~Lannie
I'm sure the book is a lot better haha

The pie crust flavor has a bit of funk at high percentage but I feel it is the front note here, and the strawberry takes a bit of a back seat. I personally like a good pie crust more than the filling, so even using it at 1.5% would work :)

Let me know what you think of it, thanks for commenting [emoji2]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I'll go ahead and make it as you've got it written up, and if I think there isn't enough strawberry, I'll add more! That's the beauty of DIY, right? LOL!

The funny thing is, the ONLY way I like strawberry in foods is if it's a fresh strawberry. I can't stand strawberry jam or any kind of "processed" strawberry. Maybe it's just all the sugar. But I CANNOT GET ENOUGH of Capella's sweet strawberry flavor. I swear, it's in 90% of all my juices! I went through a 4 oz. bottle in a scary short amount of time. This is one maybe I should see if I can buy in pints. ;)

And I'll try to remember to get back here and tell you my results, when I finally get some pie crust. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread