Third day of no vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayS

Aug 21, 2016
Early August of this year was when I quit smoking my American Spirit Blues. I started vaping a Vuse but moved on to Tritons. My goal was to run out of E juice and stop vaping, well I still have some e juice left and have not vapped in 3 days. I really started getting tired of charging batteries, filling tanks, changing coils, making sure that I always had my vaporizer with me. I had basically traded one bad habit for a lesser bad habit, knowingly. I did not have any luck stopping the analogs cold turkey. The vaporizer worked good, really good, almost too good. I really enjoyed vaping, I could do it in the house, in my wifes car, at work,etc... But my goal was to quit, and today is day 3 of quitting and here is a run down of what I experienced. The first evening I put all my vaporizers out of reach in a very inconvenient place in the closet. I went to work the next morning knowing I did not have my vaporizers with me and on the ride in to work I was constantly reaching for my pocket and only finding air. Luckily I had my coffee or I would have been very ornery. At break time I was getting antsy, but had no vape with me so tough luck. By noon I was dizzy, the type of dizzy where you can not concentrate.My stomach felt upset. I drank lots of water. By quitting time (11 hours from my arrival time) I was starting to feel better. The nicotine withdrawal was pretty sharp, I had been vaping Black Note flavors in 6mg before quitting and maybe it was because the natural nicotine . Today being Saturday I really missed sitting on the porch vaping, but tough luck, I am going to quit and today is the 3rd day of it. Something I notice is that i still am coughing a lot of phlegm up. Strange, but it must be from the PG, VG and other stuff in the juice. Good luck to everybody. I am going to keep on quitting.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Early August of this year was when I quit smoking my American Spirit Blues. I started vaping a Vuse but moved on to Tritons. My goal was to run out of E juice and stop vaping, well I still have some e juice left and have not vapped in 3 days. I really started getting tired of charging batteries, filling tanks, changing coils, making sure that I always had my vaporizer with me. I had basically traded one bad habit for a lesser bad habit, knowingly. I did not have any luck stopping the analogs cold turkey. The vaporizer worked good, really good, almost too good. I really enjoyed vaping, I could do it in the house, in my wifes car, at work,etc... But my goal was to quit, and today is day 3 of quitting and here is a run down of what I experienced. The first evening I put all my vaporizers out of reach in a very inconvenient place in the closet. I went to work the next morning knowing I did not have my vaporizers with me and on the ride in to work I was constantly reaching for my pocket and only finding air. Luckily I had my coffee or I would have been very ornery. At break time I was getting antsy, but had no vape with me so tough luck. By noon I was dizzy, the type of dizzy where you can not concentrate.My stomach felt upset. I drank lots of water. By quitting time (11 hours from my arrival time) I was starting to feel better. The nicotine withdrawal was pretty sharp, I had been vaping Black Note flavors in 6mg before quitting and maybe it was because the natural nicotine . Today being Saturday I really missed sitting on the porch vaping, but tough luck, I am going to quit and today is the 3rd day of it. Something I notice is that i still am coughing a lot of phlegm up. Strange, but it must be from the PG, VG and other stuff in the juice. Good luck to everybody. I am going to keep on quitting.
    You are still coughing up phlegm from quitting the smokes. Your lungs are still cleansing theirselves. Sometimes it can take a few months to get all that stuff up.

Good luck and congrats! :thumbs:

Reactions: Nermal

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Took me longer, too. So long as I was not smoking and I was (slowly) reducing my nic, I thought it fine. I don't have any medical issues and I comfortable forget my PV at times. I do like it when I want to sit and relax/think.

I have found only positive reasons to continue the occasionally vape.

But, good luck to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread