This and that and Chat

Discussion in 'Notcigs' started by FranC, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hey friends. I think it's time to let the Happy New Years thread go so we can have a new one next year. LOL
    Sooooooo to start out are they're any good new movies out? The action stuff.

2. Bovinia

Bovinia Divine Bovine ECF Veteran

Good idea Fran, altho the New Years title was a good cover for our dirty little minds ;)

3. arkador

arkador Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

if you want to talk about movies, go over to the Notcigs forum, I started a Movie thread there.....

4. FranC

Supporting member
    Ah this will work Bov.......... Everyone will shy away after awhile. LOL

5. FranC

Supporting member

Just a general thread for friends,,,,,,,,,,,not just movies.

6. 908Tracy

908Tracy Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Great idea Fran!! No movies to mention though, I don't get much chance to watch.

7. FranC

Supporting member
    Hey Tracy that's OK. How've you been?

8. 908Tracy

I'm good fran! Thanks for asking. Had a nice Easter and spent a lot of the weekend cleaning up the back yard, and starting up the pond. How about you?

9. FranC

Supporting member
    Doing OK here but still too cold to do outdoor stuff.

10. 908Tracy

Yes, we have a metal type gazebo with canopy out there. After putting on the canopy, we reinforced the 5 year old metal structure to the concrete below with braces. Just in time for 45 mph winds here today!!! That thing would take out my fence if it were to blow over. UGH!

11. Bovinia

I hear ya Tracy! Supposed to be windy and rainy for us the next few days. I was planning to put MIL's new canopy swing together, but gonna wait a little longer.

MIL had a big old maple tree in the back yard that had to be taken out a few years ago, but the stump was left. She hired a guy to grind out the stump a few weeks ago, so I've been moving and spreading all the mulch from it. That stump was a good 8ft in diameter...it made a TON of mulch!

12. 908Tracy

Bov,
    It's terrible here today! That canopy I spoke of just earlier? Yeah, its' toast! That wind ripped so many holes in it, it's now worthless. It was 2 years old I think, but I was hoping to squeeze one more out of it. darn!

13. Bovinia

Aww bummer Tracy :(

14. arkador

arkador Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

those must be the storms that blew through Texas late last week, worst tornadic activity since 1978 for DFW.

15. Bovinia

I was watching those Tx tornadoes while I was in the waiting room for my eye appt. last week. Scary stuff!

16. FranC

Supporting member
    I kind of have a lack of words tonight. Bov you have a huge heart girl. Tracy I'm sorry about your canopy. I'm altogether sorry for those in the tornados path.
    It's been a crazy day here and I haven't figuered out yet if that's good or bad.

17. Bovinia

We just got word that Aunt Liz died tonight. She started having seizures and the Drs. were trying to get her meds adjusted, but along with her breathing problems it was just too much for her.

Out of 11 siblings, my MIL is now the only one :(

18. FranC

Supporting member
    I'm so sorry to hear that Bov. First hubby came from a family of 11 too.

How is your MIL taking it? I hope she and you are doing OK.

"HUGS"

19. 908Tracy

(((BOV)))

So sory to hear about Aunt Liz. :( Hugs to you and your family!

20. Bovinia

Thanks...Katie is doing ok. One of the nephew's is Liz's executor of her estate, so he is making all the arrangements so that Katie doesn't have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.