This and that and Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
Actually he was saying you could buy an expensive convertor to make it work. Hey that's why I'm asking.
Does an LCD HDTV Look OK With Basic DVR From DirecTV? | Tech Tips - Salon.com

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110102154557AAbc221

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25926489-HDTV-HDTV-without-HD-service-will-it-work-

I've never heard of anything like that required for any service. He was likely trying to get you to buy crap you don't need for commission or he was completely misinformed.

Last edited:

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
I thought so at the time. I'm not your basic push-over by any means. Thanks for the info and the article. The reason I didn't get an HD TV is that I thought I'd have to have them come in and change the box (and charge more for the damn thing).
Nope, definitely not. You can use a standard def box on a HDTV. I do the same thing with cable. We may get dish soon and get HD boxes but they aren't required.

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
Cable is available to everybody in Keene but many people there have directv or DishTV because it's cheaper I guess. That's what some friends of ours tell us anyway.
Dish is cheaper now. Cable costs are outrageous right now. We pay around $160 for our cable plan and we have slightly more than basic cable (not much more). We can save about $40/month (more if we go with a smaller plan) by switching to dish and have every channel available.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Thanks Bov, I wondered where everybody went, I thought you guys were avoiding me... I guess you were hiding in another thread like this. I even did something I haven't been able to do in some time and that was check back 3 days in a row instead of letting 5 or 6 days go by and no one was there!

OK, didn't catch up on the 5 pages before this one, so I will jump right in. We don't have a cable option, so it is DirecTV for us. But we get charged a bunch as we can't get our local network channels over the airwaves so we have to pay for each one separately and get a California feed. Then we also have to pay for the NFL sunday ticket. Hubby wouldn't move from South Florida without me promising he wouldn't miss a football game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread