This happen to anyone else? & a Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
So, you order juices from a supplier and they are usually very good to great. No issues. Then, BAM! Out of the blue, you order a juice that is completely off. I mean, completely. I know HDV gets busy during sales, and I love their sales and products in general. Their juices have been close to description every time.

I just ordered "Belgian Waffle" and "Dutch Apple Pie" during the last sale. The "Belgian Waffle" is a blend of maple syrup and apple. The Dutch Apple Pie is just...just...tasteless. NO, I dont have a cold. NO tasting issues. I am tasting things as good as ever. I can guarantee this based on my expanding waist line.

Of course taste is subjective in vaping...but in general there has to be something to taste. SOMETHING. My question. Has anyone ordered the 'Dutch Apple Pie'?? The bottle I received was an extremely dark ejuice, and had no smell or taste whatsoever. I tried it in my usual method (3 separate atty's). I am just curious if ANYONE has tried the 'Dutch Apple Pie' from HDV and your experience with it? I just wanna know if it's supposed to be an extremely dark juice. It's just funny that the 'Belgian Waffle' on the same order tastes like a mix of maple syrup and apple,:unsure:.
2013-05-22 16.03.03.jpg
Pic:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I'm so new, I wouldn't know an off flavor. I am still searching for my taste buds a buddy. When I find it.... I want to get into the DIY stuff so I make it the same everytime. I've got some caramel apple that so help me I don't taste either flavor. I don't know what it is. Steeping with the lid off has not helped. There is probably some degree of human error. I don't know. But when it is good..... it's good.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
^ Got a very sweet, very friendly voicemail earlier this evening from Jennifer over at HDV wanting to help me out with the issue. She explained over the voicemail that the 'Dutch Apple Pie' was delicious and a dark juice; and should definitely have an apple taste in there. Just emailed her back. Really good feeling to know that one of my favorite vendors DOES care about their customers and product they put out. I originally sent an inquiry wanting to know of the color of the juice, and explained the fact that it did not have any taste to it. I did ask if anything could be done, but I did not ask for a refund. I asked if something could be done. Looked into, explained... etc.

I learned very early in vaping that no refunds on ejuice is simply industry standard; and I agree and believe in that, as one user's experience varies from another. But when a vendor's juices are always good to great, it's just my nature to inquire when something seems completely off. The reply I got back was: "We have a strict no return policy on eliquids due to taste being subjective....something I'm sure your familiar with being a veteran vaper." -John ...then silence until the friendly voicemail I got tonight from Jennifer at HDV.

It's all good because HDV does indeed have very, very good ejuice, fast shipping times, good prices and sales; and now what appears to be great customer service.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Update: So in case you were wondering...HDV has amazing customer service! Got a replacement of the "Dutch Apple Pie" and it is fantastic. The Belgian waffle is really good as well. This is the type of apple-pie ejuice that screams to be vaped. It definitely has the suble tones of crust, cinnamon, apple, and a hint of "ice cream" on the exhale. Absolutely no steeping required for either of these for me. Thanks so much Jennifer and HDV! Found my second favorite next to the "Snickers" type.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
OK, got the package back and tested the two liquids and have talked to the new help we have working for us. Here's what I believe happened:

The wrong waffle flavor was used (FW rather than TPA) and the dutch apple pie, was actually double dutch twister, which is a very dark flavor. I apologize for the mixup, as I mentioned we have some new help working now and still have some rough edges to polish. I'm glad the new liquids were up to par and can assure you that it will not happen again.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread