Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
What date will this go into effect? That way we can stockpile.

Bret Baier reported last night that for all brick and mortars, the rules take effect in 90 days, the rest of the market has 2 years. How accurate is this, IDK?
The FDA has already said they have a gestapo squad "ready to hit the ground" as soon as they go into effect.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yeah... but it does a lot for my confidence in the quality of the product. Especially when staffed with qualified technicians.

I've purchased plenty of Clean room product. I now DIY for better control and Maximum confidence.:D

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I'm not a qualified lab technician.
Mike's not an idiot. :blink:

Its not t̶h̶a̶t̶ hard to make a quality product.

Squirt in bottle
Record
Repeat

Tastes good - vape it

Don't taste good - bin it

A qualified technician is somebody with measuring equipment, a smart phone and a pencil. Got those? Yes? Then you may be over qualified.

You're not looking to make fallout from a thermo-chemical reaction to create the next wonder drug.

You're mixing bakery flavors. Cheese cake + crust + cherry pie filling = cherry cheese cake. You don't even have to bake it.

And your syringes won't even Pierce your skin so you don't need an autoclave.

Tapatyped

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
To anyone in general:

My wife sends me off to work every day with a lunchbox that she's made the night before. I eat some of it at 10 am and assume she's made it using reasonable care and not left toilet paper in it or failed to wash her hands. i eat the salad at 1pm and i hate salad.

None of the sausages, because those are my favourite are graded as USP and i asked my butcher, but he doesn't sell those.

So, i see no reason why my vaping gear or liquid has to meet standards exceeding those of the food that sustains me. Do you?
Especially when the wire i use to vape that liquid heats to a level that kills any germs and the fact that pg is a potent germicide at 2 parts per million.

Unless you live on disinfectant.

T

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ahlusion E-Liquids has a clean room environment already. And that was before regulations.

I don't think Ahlusion will be able to come up with the funds to even apply to get inline with the regulations. You will see them close up shop. Along with all the vendors that we currently get our liquids from. It won't matter if they have clean rooms or not. It isn't about that. It is about control over a product that is taking money out of the pockets of big government and the pharmaceutical industry. All under the guise of protecting the children, with a side of protecting the public.

What date will this go into effect? That way we can stockpile.

From what I am reading and trying to understand, vendors will have two years to fill out the paper work and apply to the FDA. They will have a year after filing the application, during which time they can still sell the product that they currently have. They will NOT be able to introduce new product on the market.

I'm guessing we have about 2 years before they all go. Maybe less for some.

I'm hoping that lawsuits will slow things down.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I bet there are people stockpiling as we read this. News like this makes people panic, and probably for good reason this time. This event has been over 3 years in the making.
I have been stockpiling the past year and I will continue stockpiling until the regulations take effect. My Vapocolypse box is only half full and Vapocolypse is almost upon us.

Reactions: beckdg

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I'm not a qualified lab technician.

You really should try making your own juice while you have the chance. It ai`nt rocket science. In fact, its easier then cooking a perfect egg or flipping a perfect pancake, and that`s pretty easy once you`v screwed enough of them up.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
You really should try making your own juice while you have the chance. It ai`nt rocket science. In fact, its easier then cooking a perfect egg or flipping a perfect pancake, and that`s pretty easy once you`v screwed enough of them up.
Yep. If Congress does not act to change the date I will probably start learning about DIY. Don't see any way around it. For the time being, CASAA says to sit tight, so I will.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yeah... but it does a lot for my confidence in the quality of the product. Especially when staffed with qualified technicians.
You can't seriously support the intrusion of the FDA into Vaping. When E Cigarettes was in it's infancy, the only e liquids available were made in China and those were the liquids that may have been manufactured in shoddy sub par conditions by potentially dangerous ingredients in an unhealthy atmosphere. Vapers began looking for a better healthier e liquid and through their own individual research and basement DIY, a lot of E liquid companies emerged with better quality e-liquids. The vaping Industry has policed itself and improved quality and standards over the years. If you are a serious vaper and have a favorite e juice then you need to prepare to lose your favorite and be subjected to sub-par mass produced juice as that is what will be taking their place as the Mom and Pop operations that have sprung up over the years will not be able to afford getting their juices passed through FDA approval.
Honestly though, your comments lead me to believe you are not a vaper but a government troll trying to stir up controversy. But if you are honestly a Vaper, then don't come crawling to me for any of my tasty DIY as the new regulations will make that a felony and I don't want to share anyway. I prefer to keep my tasty, moldy basement DIY e juice to myself.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm curious about something, and admit I have not read the 499 page regulation, but perhaps someone here knows about this. It seems like c-cigs in the type found in convenience stores such as the disposables will certainly fall within the jurisdiction of these regs. However, vaping products such as tank/mod setups are essentially dual use. You can use them with a tobacco containing juice or juice with 0 mg of nicotine. If a product is used without nicotine, how can it fall under the FDA reg? So outside of the prefilled cartridge type, disposable or even rechargeable, where does the FDA have standing to control mod vapes?

In addition, if ejuice is regulated, what is to stop a supplier from simply selling you a 0 mg nicotine product, with their specialty flavor, for non-tobacco vaping? And if that does not fall within these regs, what's to stop you from mixing in whatever amount of nicotine you desire for your personal use?

I actually do not have a problem with creating a national minimum age for e-cigs, just as it exists for regular cigarettes today. But I do wonder how they can apply a regulation to a vaping system which can be used without any nicotine in it. This is an issue I'm certain will have to be determined in court if the FDA decides to go after vaping hardware that is sold without any nicotine in it.

Reactions: gofishtx

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Bret Baier reported last night that for all brick and mortars, the rules take effect in 90 days, the rest of the market has 2 years. How accurate is this, IDK?
The FDA has already said they have a gestapo squad "ready to hit the ground" as soon as they go into effect.
My impression is nothing happens for the next 90 days. After that it appears resellers based in the US can't sell anything that isn't already available for sale. If you want to start a juice company better do it in the next 90 days and have all your flavors on the market. If you want to open a vape shop that mixes it's own liquid better do the same. Then, two years after that you may be going out of business so better make your money back before then.

FDA rules do not apply to manufacturers and retailers located out side the US. After 90 days if I order a new mod or atomizer from Fasttech will US Customs be searching for vape products? Will they be required to determine which are new and which are old? If a US based youtube reviewer shows a new product in a video will they be committing a crime by posessing it? In 2 years, if all the current tanks are withdrawn from the market the replacable coil heads may not be available.

Anybody who plans to be a life long vaper should be, and will be, mixing and rebuilding sooner or later regardless of the government. Why wait?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
My wife has spent every morning for the past 12 years trying to make runny eggs and flip a whole piece of scrapple to no avail.

Yet she nailed her first attempt at mixing a perfectly yummy joose clone recipe without effort.

I'm considering getting her her own bath tub so she can be official.

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
My impression is nothing happens for the next 90 days. After that it appears resellers based in the US can't sell anything that isn't already available for sale. If you want to start a juice company better do it in the next 90 days and have all your flavors on the market. If you want to open a vape shop that mixes it's own liquid better do the same. Then, two years after that you may be going out of business so better make your money back before then.

FDA rules do not apply to manufacturers and retailers located out side the US. After 90 days if I order a new mod or atomizer from Fasttech will US Customs be searching for vape products? Will they be required to determine which are new and which are old? If a US based youtube reviewer shows a new product in a video will they be committing a crime by posessing it? In 2 years, if all the current tanks are withdrawn from the market the replacable coil heads may not be available.

Anybody who plans to be a life long vaper should be, and will be, mixing and rebuilding sooner or later regardless of the government. Why wait?

Possesion isnt illegal and wont be.
There are no vape police. The US isnt a communist country (yet).
The regulations only apply to retail sales.
Customs wont waste time inspecting millions of chinese packages to check manufacture dates of vape gear designs. Thats ridiculous, and cost prohibitive. Not a chance.

Congress may yet slap some sense into all this but history shows us we really cant trust them either.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Possesion isnt illegal and wont be.
There are no vape police. The US isnt a communist country (yet).
The regulations only apply to retail sales.
Customs wont waste time inspecting millions of chinese packages to check manufacture dates of vape gear designs. Thats ridiculous, and cost prohibitive. Not a chance.

Congress may yet slap some sense into all this but history shows us we really cant trust them either.
They won't inspect every package. They Will know what companies carry ecig products and what country they are coming from. When law goes into effect.....

Once that list is made, yeah, they can seize shipments.

We learned this by what they accomplished in 2008-2009.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
They won't inspect every package. They Will know what companies carry ecig products and what country they are coming from. When law goes into effect.....

Once that list is made, yeah, they can seize shipments.

We learned this by what they accomplished in 2008-2009.
Yeah "Vapeworld" might get attention, but Fasttech for example sells a ton of vape gear....

But they sell alot more phone charges and small electronics than they do ecigs.
;)
It would be an impossible task to sort through all the Fasttech packages alone looking for specific gear.

Id guess they will do as usual and go for the low hanging fruit.
Creative shipping labels should help
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread