This is for the birds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podunk Steam

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2014
United States
With the end caps and 510 raised a hair this ended up being about 99mm tall. The SXJ is a pretty long board.
I looked at these a little as an enclosure and they may hold potential for a single 18650 SXJ build. If the 510 is set to the battery side and fire button relocated it may be able to be brought down a little in height.
SX350_J_PCBA.jpg

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I think that these are promising. It say's it is for a G hammond box but could be used in just about anything that a J board with fit length wise in including firing switch. The nice thing is that it takes care of your button needs also. I am going to order one I have a G and a P box on hand and will use the P if I can.

Boxer SX350J 1590G Cradle by teemu_kangas on Shapeways

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
Very nice podunk. I am also trying to build a similar device. I have a few questions.

1. How do you install actuators and get them to stay in? I was thinking of these Stainless Steel Tact Buttons
2. Do you need to insulate the negative battery connections? Looks like you used the brass end piece to complete circuit.
3. Is 18g wire ok to parallel batteries?

I believe you this will be a PITA to put together, so far ive only done a hammond box with dna 40 so this should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread