• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This is for video reviews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
This area will be for any and all Video reviews you might have or know about and would like to share with us from YouTube or anywhere else..
Just post them up and put a little statement about the review!

Please go to my YouTube Channel to see any of my reviews..

http://www.youtube.com/TheStubear62

Last edited:

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
The very small pin hole in the beginning of this video IS where the 'RED' LED is located and I DIDN'T see it when I was vaping with this battery @ night in bed. I cup my hand and strained to look into that pin hole and its there. Sorry about that info people. Mik of Janty had said tha is where the LED is. I will do an update video tomorrow morning on it.

YouTube - Janty eGo Automatic Battery.wmv
This is my Review of the Automatic Battery of he eGo.

Last edited:

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Hey Stu. Thanks for reviewing the auto battery. Great job! I was looking forward to your review, as I have been planning on getting a couple auto batteries. I started with XL kr808 batteries and preferred the auto vs manual batteries. I found that pulling on it like a pipe was the way to go for autos. I totally agree that the lack of an indicator LED is a drawback.

Also, is the battery sealed for dripping? I'd hate to lose a battery because of leaking juice. I use cartomizers and drip, so I guess I could use the manuals for dripping and the autos for cartomizers. (Works great and looks great with the 510 to kr808 adapter and stainless cartos).

Have you tried loosening the atty cover to adjust the draw? I found that unscrewing it a bit adjusts the draw to just where I like it. I tighten it for dripping and loosen it for cartomizers. Maybe it should be unscrewed a bit for auto batteries too? In fact, it's one of things I love about the eGo - the atty cover doubles as an adjustment for the draw.

Anyway,great review and thanks for the invite to the group. I guess I should start working on an avatar and fill in my profile stats...too busy vaping I guess.

honuhart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2009
cincinnati ohio
stu, watched your review earlier on the janty forum. All i could say was oh crap, cause i've got two on their way here lol. I think it takes alot of courage to post an honest video, especially a bad one for all to see. All i did was mention i wanted to keep mine in my pocket (a few hours a day) and i got the "being responsible" lecture. So, keep up with the reviews that help so many, and hats off to you for being honest and having thick skin. haha

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Well, I have been wrong before and guess what?

wait for it...

wait for it...

I am wrong again... Mik told me in the Janty forum that the little hole I pointed out in my Review IS where the LED is. Well, it was hard for me to believe that. Last night I was vaping on the Auto batt while in bad, in the dark and I DIDN'T see any LED! I cupped my hand and strained to look into that very small pin hole, YUP, there is a 'red' LED in there that lights up when you puff on the battery.
Hey, I'm human and I make mistakes.. It (that pin hole) should be bigger or the LED brighter so you can see it.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
I read Mik's reply on that... the LED has to be so small and weak that you need a magnifying glass to catch it. Not to mention it could be sitting in front of you on a desk and you would not know it was going off till you smelt something burning. Still not comfortable with that option.

neither am I Jimi..
I told Mik that there should be a button looking spot there to have the LED. But he said that customers just wanted the very small LED. But to me, it doesn't work with the eGo at all.
Just MO on this and truefully, I would rather see the same button as the manual with the dark red LED underneath it so its not bright like the white one on the manual for the Auto battery.

Last edited:

honuhart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2009
cincinnati ohio
Not being able to see the light is not really a problem for me since i just wanted to be able to keep it in my pocket without damaging it. It is such a shame that you got a bad auto battery or cone or whatever he said it was because they are awesome and i'm sure you would of loved it...except for the light issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread