• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

synthetic

Apr 22, 2011
Ontario
As if it wasn't enough to be told "No smoking is allowed inside the bar sir!" by people, now it's decided that no "vaping" (not just smoking) is allowed OUTSIDE in the patio either!

What is this country coming to?

We've got 6 months of ....ty weather to deal with and now we can't even joy the few good occasions of sitting outside in a patio, having a beer and vaping.

I'm not sure I really want to continue to live in a city with such hostility towards vapers. I feel like a criminal holding my ecig. More so than when I was smoking (quit 5 years ago and been a vaper since).

I don't know... Feels like this country is going backwards in so many ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShelaghDB

vexxis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Sydney & Puerto Plata
Second hand automotive exhaust fumes are a much greater hazard then your second hand vapor. If you require proof of this, just try vaping some exhaust fumes directly :) But it has nothing to do with heath or logic, vapor “looks” too much like tobacco smoke…

We can’t let people vape anywhere they like, the smokers would see them able to do this. It wouldn't normalize smoking as the government argues, rather it would normalize vaping. The smokers would see this and switch to vaping, then they wouldn't be paying high tobacco taxes any longer and they will live longer so that means we have to pay them a pension longer as well. The government is too addicted to tobacco taxes to allow this to happen without a fight.

Reactions: ShelaghDB

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Second hand automotive exhaust fumes are a much greater hazard then your second hand vapor. If you require proof of this, just try vaping some exhaust fumes directly :) But it has nothing to do with heath or logic, vapor “looks” too much like tobacco smoke…

We can’t let people vape anywhere they like, the smokers would see them able to do this. It wouldn't normalize smoking as the government argues, rather it would normalize vaping. The smokers would see this and switch to vaping, then they wouldn't be paying high tobacco taxes any longer and they will live longer so that means we have to pay them a pension longer as well. The government is too addicted to tobacco taxes to allow this to happen without a fight.

Society/governments thrives on inconvenient truths !
Automotive emissions only contributes 13% of global carbon emissions ...here is the shocking part, raisng cattle contributes to 53% of global carbon emission and yet no government of environmental organization is going to tell you because they are funded by the cattle associations to shut up ! ...LoL

kkahmann

Nov 6, 2014
Jumbos Cove,On,Can
I went to a fund raising party last weekend. Young couple getting married type of thing. Lots of alcohol being served--lots of related people since most of us are from the same reserve.
Not unusual for things to get outta hand and sometimes these things can result in 2 or 3 divorces--3 or 4 fist fights and 7 or 8 arrests.
Looks like the couple hired a biker gang for security--at least the guys at the door were some rough looking dudes.
No smoking in the Hall so everybody heads outside every few minutes.
I'm headed out the door, pull my Istick outta my pocket while I'm walkin past the big dude on the door--he stops me.
"Is that an e-cig Sir?" he asks me.
I respond "Yep"
He says "You don't have to go outside--thats not smoke--you can return to your table to use that."
"Well I don't want to make the real Smokers all mad an such, You know?"
"Anybody give you any grief--send them over to see me!" he says.

It was a great party!

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
They tried that and taxed the .... out of cigs in the 90's and it led to so much smuggling that they had to reduce taxes and put the coloured band on every pack and carton to know what province or state every pack was coming from. Where there is a will there is a way, and smokers have more will then anybody to get their hands on their cigs.

It'll be prohibition all over again and fail just as bad.

do we want the "war on drugs" to include nicotine? Do we want the Fda knocking over gardens because someone is growing tomatoes with a super kick of nicotine? And do we really want to be vaping black market tomato juice as our source for nicotine?

There re are certain things they can't control and e cigs are one of them, hence the problem they have with them.

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Toronto by chance?

Unfortunately its the same everywhere I find, in North America.

No offense to fellow Toronto natives as i live here to but it is a rather provincial mentality here.

Europe is far more open minded.
YOu can still, at least as of a few years ago, sit on patios and smoke and most didnt have the rabid antismoking mentality.
Live and Let Live

Unless its changed in the last decade.......

BUT Toronto is not only hard on Vapers.
People here are rather hard on anyone, anything that does not fit a very small window of what they acceptable likes are.
People here ALL wear Canadian Goose and Lu Lu Lemon......nothing else it seems.
Few here have great imagination.

I suspect most Vapers are the few that are more likely more open minded, than the average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread