This old lady needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiemaw46

Dec 12, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
I started vaping 5 years ago to put an end to my 51 year smoking addiction and it worked. My problem right now is finding a new tank. I've been using the smok gbc tanks for quite awhile and love them but it's getting very hard to find the replacement coils. I know they're being discontinued. I'm seventy years old tho and need something very uncomplicated. Easy to use. I use an ego style batt and don't need anything fancy. I do want a tank that will hold at least 5 ml juice. Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hard to tell when that might happen, especially with the "older" vape gear. Might be good to lay in a supply, just in case. And keep them around. They're very similar to the Kanger single bottom coils, so can probably be rebuilt in the same way, and used for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I started vaping 5 years ago to put an end to my 51 year smoking addiction and it worked. My problem right now is finding a new tank. I've been using the smok gbc tanks for quite awhile and love them but it's getting very hard to find the replacement coils. I know they're being discontinued. I'm seventy years old tho and need something very uncomplicated. Easy to use. I use an ego style batt and don't need anything fancy. I do want a tank that will hold at least 5 ml juice. Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks
SMOK Priv V8 and TFV8 Baby Beast Starter Kit | Vape Kits

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
I think you would really appreciate the website Discount Vapers, and may even find your refills there. They tend to carry a TON of gear for Ego style batteries... they also make their own version of the Ego battery that is safer and cheaper than the original.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
Honestly just get a mod and tank that’s high end right away because you will be spending more money upgrading in no time lol. That my opinion anyway cuz I bought a cheap setup for 50$ and a week later got a cartel rev at dna lol. If you like resin the voopoo drag are super awsome and cost only 55$ and they are just as good as most dna mods. I know this cuz I have a dna lol

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say for something simple you are getting good advice. I probably in those circumstances would buy a fair number of coils for your tank (I have a fine motor tremor, and I sympathize about wanting something simple.) The only thing really would be making sure that you have a good backup vape (perhaps something more powerful, and with external batteries) in case you can't get your egos or at reasonable prices. You should be able to put that tank on a larger mod, and I really can't imagine that prices aren't going to rise due to taxation on mods and gear. As long as your topper fits onto that tank, it can be good to have something a bit more durable.

It's always a difficult choice figuring out which "direction" to go in but if I know anything at all, I do believe that over time prices may rise, and it may be more difficult to find coils, which is why I do stock up on coils and treasure the ones I like that can be easily rebuilt. With that said, I also keep coils on hand because you never know when they may become unavailable.

I guess the good news would be that vaping has advanced a great deal, and there are lots of options now on the market to try out. Smok continues to put out mods and tanks and some of the more recent ones are pretty well regarded and get decent coil life, so you may want to check out the manufacturer's page and see if there is a tank you like the look/idea of that is perhaps a bit more recent.

Best of luck, and congrats on switching to vaping, that's fantastic, 5 years is amazing! Congrats.

Anna

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
Honestly just get a mod and tank that’s high end right away because you will be spending more money upgrading in no time lol. That my opinion anyway cuz I bought a cheap setup for 50$ and a week later got a cartel rev at dna lol. If you like resin the voopoo drag are super awsome and cost only 55$ and they are just as good as most dna mods. I know this cuz I have a dna lol
Yes, the 70 year old lady with shaky hands should be rocking the newest gadget and chucking clouds. SMH.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sadly you are correct, I just looked at Smok's web site and they aren't selling anymore of these coils. Says discontinued.

Honestly, the simplest tank these days would be the eGo One v2 mega tanks that hold 4ml. If you buy the clr coils(needed with this tank because none are initially installed in this tank) they come with the wick/cotton already installed and you can use them like the reg stock coils. When the coil is finished and doesn't taste good any more just replace. They are about the same price as the stock coil but you get much better flavor.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

they come in 1.0 ohms and 0.5 ohms. The 1.0 ohms has a restricted pull and would probably be the one you want.

You may also want to consider getting a new Ego battery or maybe something similar. Here is a link to show you what I am talking about.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Kit

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread