This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never wanted a "real cigarette" since my first try at vaping! I Now have as my ADV The Virus, H1N1 and Juju Vapors Nuts 4 tobacco which I alternate. At night I switch to KBV Butterscotch or Halo's Belgium Chocolate. I'm down to a level 6 nicotene. My only problem is I'm now totally "hooked" on vaping and can assure you, even when I reach 0 nicotene I will continue. My husband accuses my e-cig of being my pacifier, saying half the time he will find me, upon waking in a/m with my vaporizer hanging half out of my mouth, . I love it!

Tim Swan

Unresolved Status
Jan 29, 2015
3 years without wanting another cigarette. I vape ~ 2 mL's every day. Finally found a good 50/50 blend tobacco flavored juice from WOV and mix it 75:25 with another strong tobacco flavor from V4L. Found grape to be pleasurable every now and then. According to the Doctor me breathing is much clearer. Speaking of which, the last few bouts with seasonal upper respiratory infections have been considerably less sever than in the past. So much so, I did not require antibiotics during the recovery period. Mucus did not turn green nor yellow. He (my Doctor) said that was due to my vaping and that the ingrediants within the e liquid are natural anti bacterial and virual agents.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Absolutely yes - and I did it almost by accident!
Smoked almost 50 years in total since my very first sneaky cigarette as a teenager. Final two years was smoking around 36 per day.
Had an unused e-cig on my desk for weeks that I'd bought to try using at times where I couldn't smoke, tried it for a couple of hours prior to a doctor appointment one day, and realised it worked.
Tried it on and off a few more times, bought some more and consciously cut down day by day until two weeks later, I had my last cigarette.

And I didn't even think it was worth trying to stop, so the thought hadn't entered my head.
It may have passed through my mind now and then during the first few months, but I've never really wanted a cigarette since ..and they're still sat there in their packet with a lighter not 2 feet from my keyboard!
They aren't there as a safety net any more - more as a monument to what I managed to give up!

My thoughts are, if I can stop, anyone can, even if they find a little perseverance is needed.

Reactions: Manycats

Andrea Mills

Dec 25, 2014
Central FL
Smoked for over 35 years. Tried cold turkey once and that didn't turn out too well. I tried gum, didn't work. I tried the patch, didn't work. I considered
Chantix but wasn't too excited about the prospect of becoming suicidal or supporting big pharma. So I kept smoking.
I quit the day I started vaping but I had days where I'd try a cigarette to see what it was like. Tasted like crap, every time. For a few weeks I lit one up once or twice a week, kinda like to test and see if I still hated it and I did. Never took more than 2 or 3 drags. I believe I had to realize that cigarettes will keep tasting like crap to be completely sure that I wouldn't go back and I don't consider that period of lighting up as "smoking".

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
Smoked for 45 years, 2.5 PAD. Tried patches, cold turkey, Welbutrin, etc., and nothing worked. Tried a cig-a-like and thought it was awful, but interested me enough to get me to look for a better alternative. Found an Ego-C twist type battery and Kanger mini Protank 2-type tank with unflavored juice and slowly transitioned (probably could have done it faster, but I loved smoking and really didn't want to quit and was afraid of not being able to succeed) over the course of a month to full-time use of my e-cig. And then I discovered the wonderful world of juice flavors! There was no going back - seven months now. I still occasionally get bad cravings for a cigarette and switch to a WTA for a tank and that does the trick. I am so grateful to e-cigs! And this board - the support and information here has made all the difference for me. Thank you all!

SamH94

Feb 21, 2015
SW England
I smoked for just 5 years, for the first couple months it was no more than 5 a day, but it weaned it's way up to 15 a day and stayed pretty consistent, I tried quitting numerous times but it never worked for over 4 or 5 days, except one period where I got very into road biking and racing where I quit successfully for 6 months, by the end of that I was still fully addicted and eventually gave in from stress, I suppose. This was around 3 years ago. Since then I was back up to my usual smoking rates, cutting down and/or speeding up depending on how pro-life I felt. Until not long ago, when my dear young Mother gave me an Ego style vape to use, I had no intention of quitting cigarettes whatsoever, which I think is a very key point, but the first day I didn't want to take and break my PV at work (agricultural labour) so I smoked cigarettes, but because I fell in love with vaping so much after that initial day I started using my PV at work, and that day onwards (stated in signature) I haven't touched analogs... Not long I know, but this time I have not even had the slightest hint of a cigarette craving, and am more than confident I will never go back to the buggers. So in conclusion; YES! Vaping was entirely successful, and somewhat spontaneous!

Last edited:

rowsley

Ultra Member
Jan 26, 2015
Celina, Ohio
I quit cold turkey and struggled a lot but never gave in. I bought a decent setup and it has helped me get over the worst part of the addiction and has allowed me to lower my nic to the point I don't feel I even need it anymore. This is all within a 2 month period. So yes vaping has helped me quit, but to me you have to have the right mind set and really want to quit.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Smoked for over 3 decades... enjoyed it and didn't want to quit until health starting going bad. Still didn't REALLY want to quit, but knew I should.

Severe allergic reactions to chemicals in over-the-counter cigs made me start rolling my own. Recently started having issues with the tubes - tried several brands, but they were all causing allergic reactions. And no, it wasn't me - I found some older tubes (same brands) in my closet and they were fine. They had started adding something to the tubes, or changed the glue, or something. I can't understand an industry that apparently WANTS to kill its customers.

Anyway that led me to vaping. Grudgingly. I wanted to smoke! But by the 2nd day, I knew I could do it - vaping is awesome!

BTW - I'd love to see this question in a real poll so we can see the numbers. I read somewhere that by the 4th month, vapers have either given up and gone back to smoking, or have quit smoking. I'd love to know how many actually quit cigs on their first try with vaping. I NEVER would have been able to quit smoking without having vaping available (I was about ready to start smoking a pipe when I decided to try vaping instead - when's the last time you saw an old lady smoke a pipe LOL).

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Smoked for over 20 years, until someone at work bought in a ciglike. Tried it it liked it and thought immediately this is my way out.
Bought a similar cigalike system and struggled as it was awful. Got my first ego tank and then never looked back, tobacco free for over five years now. Only been into drippers for the last few months but really liking them.

Derty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
SC
Worked great for me. At 31 i was a 2 ppd smoker started at 13. I tried many things. Chantix made me very aggressive and dear God the dreams. Nicotine gum tasted funny but didn't work. I tried scheduling up to a month in advance to prepare myself mentally, got suckers for the hand to mouth movement, tried cutting my smoking down, and none of it worked. Walked into a vape shop march18 last year and haven't looked back.

Started with an ego and a T3

Sent from my LG Android Snail Box Optimus 1.5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread