This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
quite effective ... even though i only have a month of vaping under my belt, it has effectively made me hate the taste and smell of cigarettes

i have been smoking for more than 20 years, in which the longest time i had been nicotine free was about 18 hours

also, i have tried the iqos, but failed miserably due to the drudgery of cleaning the unit every other day, but retains the stench of burnt tar and other smells, and that the iqos cigs cost the same as regular marlboro

RobertLxander

Feb 15, 2016
I have been a 1/2-1 pack a day smoker for 5 years.

I'm the type of smoker who still played sport/ran/gymed etc.

Over the last two years I've attempted quiting a few times, cold turkey was always the most effective. However, after a couple weeks or month I'd always end up having one, then two, then I'd be back to where I started. Having friends who continue to smoke is the biggest strain on my willpower!

Vaping is a great option for me, my lungs feel good, and I can see myself steadily reducing nicotine over time.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?

I don't get it. There is no answer other than YES to your question in your first post, and therefore NO poll to take...based upon your thread title, which is: "This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes."

Each respondent, if they read that title and entered the discussion...HAD to have acknowledged that they are a former smoker who quit with the help of e-cigarettes. There is nothing to answer, to choose from, to pick, etc.

SprayHeadVape

Dec 23, 2015
I smoked for over 20 years. I tried vaping a couple years ago with no luck. I was using an ego setup and it just wasn't doing it for me. After a month of off and on I just walked away from vaping. At the time there wasn't as much out there on the way of support and information out there.

This past September I had had enough. I stopped at a vape shop on the way home from work and got a 30w box mod and a pro tank. Now I have several mods, tanks, attys, build kits, all of it. I have been smoke free for months now and I am loving the vaping. So yeah, it worked for me. I just had to find the right setup.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
A very grateful read of all these posts. A lot of success that I wish could get out to the world. I remember sneaking my mother's Raleigh cigarettes as an early teen. Nicotine is so addictive. Anyway, 37ish years later, I quit overnight because of vaping. Over the last 2.5 years, I just have not had an interest because I knew cigarettes were disgusting and killing. I found that attitude elsewhere and I felt somewhat charged when I started vaping.

With vaping, I slowly reduced my nicotine without any sense of withdrawal. I now even forget the psychological habits of the wake-up, after eating, etc. urges for nicotine. My health, according to my doctor and dentist, has improved. I gotta say that with the flavors, for me mostly pastries, I love to sit on the porch in the early morning and vape while the sun rises and sit on the back patio in the evening to vape watch the sun set.

As a smoking cessation technique, it is the best.

Reactions: SprayHeadVape

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Yes.

I smoked a pack of red Marlboro's a day for over 10 years (nevermind my health, THE MONEYYYY :p). A friend started vaping and I loved taking a couple of vapes, enjoyed the feeling and the flavor. Bought a cheap eGo knockoff at the mall and that day I stopped. Fell off the wagon when my mom was at the hospital and passed away, but only for half a year. Then I bought a decent Kangertech vapepen and i've been clean-ish since then.

I sometimes smoke when the guys at work go for a cog break and they invite me. Or late at night when having "real talk" with smoking friends. Haven't bought any packs and don't crave it at all.

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Honestly, I wasn't even trying to quit my 25 year habit of 1-1/2 PAD, at first. Just a viable alternative for when smoking was not an option. I'm 5 years smoke-free (exc. Cigars for special occasions) this month. 3 weeks after starting vaping, I walked around for a full week with an open pack of smokes in my pocket without lighting one.

The only thing that worked for me.

Acupuncture, remedies, gum, willpower, nothing worked, but as soon as i put my hands on my device and stopped smoking 2 packs a day, instantly, never to go back. I'm also got free of nicotine less than 30 days after (my body and mind didn't like that much, i just couldn't vape with it anymore, so i zeroed the nic and this happened almost 1 year ago, still vaping, still free).

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
For myself, the answer to that is a very happy "Yessireee!!"

PAD smoker since 14, bought a cigalike at a mall kiosk (only had menthol & non-menthol), couldn't get into it withou a smoke. FF a couple of years (end of 2014) and hangin out with a buddy who mentioned a friend of ours opened a B&M. Had been using the Vuse for a month or so and was ready to try something better. Bought a black Kanger Evod, Protank three and some house mojito juice for around $50 thinking I just spent so much money. Fell in love with everything about vaping. I still smoked a few logs during the beginning but vaping became my preferred nic delivery system and here I am with mechs, rdas, rtas and box mods coming outta mah ears.

Last edited:

peterk1

Mar 8, 2016
I've been off cigarettes for almost 2 months and vaping has been the reason for me quitting. I originally was only trying to cut down from 30 a day to about 15 a day and only bought something cheap to help me get through some of the cravings. After my first few puffs on the vaper I was able to stop completely without ever really intending to. Smoker for 31 years and a pack a day or more for the last 5 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread