Thoughts and Prayers....need emotional support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
It was scheduled for 6 but they did it around 2. They got the clot or at least most of it. He was heavily sedated when he came out and his stats were pretty low. They gave him some meds and are moving him to ICU for overnight observation.

That may not be ideal, but it could have been oh so much worse. I know that my oxygen stats were low out of surgery for pancreatitis and they did the same thing... until I finally was sensible enough to realize that my nose was stopped up (bad allergies) and that that as soon as I showed them that was not the case with the oxygen going into my mouth instead of my nose then they sent me back to a regular room... but it took 12 hours for me to be aware enough to reason things out and to tell them that they were being idiots and why!!! :facepalm:

Please keep us updated Morgan!

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
Well, they think he has been given too much fluid and its on his lungs, so they are hooking him up to a bipap and going to run more chest xrays. His breathing is very labored.

Will let you guys know more when I do.

Just got word that he is on the bipap, resting. His HR is finally coming back down to normal. His BP is also finally strong..

Last edited:

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
Ohk, I visited with him for a little while today.* He looks a lot better but slept most of the time we were there. Kidney doctor looked over the labs and took a look at Unk. What happened was when the busted up the clot some of the 'dead' blood cells went to his kidneys to be flushed out and they couldn't handle it so they 'went to sleep.' The fluid on his lungs is just because his kidneys aren't flushing. The doctors see no reason to be concerned and are sure that this will be reversable. They are going to give him until the morning to see if they 'wake up' on their own and if not they will start temporary dialysis. Kidney doctor says that he believes that he will only need a few treatments to 'jump start' them. All of his vitals are strong. His BP yesterday was 70/30 and today it is a steady 112/60 and his oxygen level is a steady 92+ and he is no longer on bipap but has to have a face mask oxygen thingy. I truly thank you guys, all of you for your thoughts and prayers through this very stressful and difficult time the last few months. I hope Unk will be better soon and I can get a good nights sleep and be around a little more. I love you guys.

*ICU visiting hours are for only 30 minutes, 6 times a day. I would have stayed longer if I could.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Ohk, I visited with him for a little while today.* He looks a lot better but slept most of the time we were there. Kidney doctor looked over the labs and took a look at Unk. What happened was when the busted up the clot some of the 'dead' blood cells went to his kidneys to be flushed out and they couldn't handle it so they 'went to sleep.' The fluid on his lungs is just because his kidneys aren't flushing. The doctors see no reason to be concerned and are sure that this will be reversable. They are going to give him until the morning to see if they 'wake up' on their own and if not they will start temporary dialysis. Kidney doctor says that he believes that he will only need a few treatments to 'jump start' them. All of his vitals are strong. His BP yesterday was 70/30 and today it is a steady 112/60 and his oxygen level is a steady 92+ and he is no longer on bipap but has to have a face mask oxygen thingy. I truly thank you guys, all of you for your thoughts and prayers through this very stressful and difficult time the last few months. I hope Unk will be better soon and I can get a good nights sleep and be around a little more. I love you guys.

*ICU visiting hours are for only 30 minutes, 6 times a day. I would have stayed longer if I could.

I'll be thinking of you and keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Just to let you know, you are most welcome to come in and visit in the chit chat thread any time you want. We hang out and talk about just about everything. And we have a few people there that are downright hilarious. So please pop in if you'd like. You'll feel right at home in no time.
:)
I'll be thinking of you and keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Just to let you know, you are most welcome to come in and visit in the chit chat thread any time you want. We hang out and talk about just about everything. And we have a few people there that are downright hilarious. So please pop in if you'd like. You'll feel right at home in no time.
:)

Thank you very much. I'll pop in.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
He peed!

He has made about 380mL on his own since yesterday. His sister is going to request a blood doctor take a look at him, the first time they tried to do dialysis his blood was clotting a lot so they had to stop. His blood shouldn't be clotting that fast or at all. His doctor wants to get him set up at a rehab center to help with his "muscle building" in a few days. The ICU nurses said other than being cranky he is doing great. He even made fun of me today and got on to me for picking on Chips last night.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
My story. I turn 59 tomorrow, I started on meds for unipolar depression 30 years ago and except for a few brief periods I've been on them ever since. At last count I've been on over 80 psych meds in thousands of combinations. I've lost count of therapists I've seen. Ten years ago I had a breakdown at work and two days later was full blown manic. Early manic episodes are better than any drug. I have never had more energy and hope and optimism. I amazed people when we met. I was incredible in their eyes. I was sleeping 2 hours a night and it didn't register. At work I lost my supervisor position and was glad I did. Stress is a person with bipolar disorders worst enemy.
Currently I'm on 3 mood stabilizers a benzo and Dexedrine. Lithium gives me tremors so bad that dripping is impossible.
Suicide attempt = 4 days in a psych ward with 15 minute bed checks. There's more.
My brother died of lung cancer 18 months ago, I was laid off a month later. Something inside of me died and cannot bring myself to look for a job. I filed for SSDI benefits and am waiting to see if I'm one of the lucky few that are approved first time. I'm a hard worker and started working when I was 12. If approved on SSDI, I can't get Medicare for two years...no insurance. My meds are $800 a month. I'll have to beg drug companies for meds and probably have to go to some clinic to see a psychiatrist. I go months at a time with suicidal ideation and it actually comforts me.
A common bipolar / depression lifestyle...If I don't have any doctors appointments or something that has to be done, then personal hygiene goes out the window. Two weeks, three weeks, I lose count. This problem was addressed on my SSDI forms.
There a very high achievers in every field with bipolar but for most of us, it's day to day.
Bipolar leads all mental illness in suicides. Twenty percent of us kill ourselves, usually during a mixed states episode.
Stigma is the worst and I hesitated posting this on a forum other than the mental health forums I belong to. I also write a blog on bipolar.
I recently told an ex-gf that I've known since high school what I was dealing with. She disappeared and didn't believe it.
Bipolar runs in families and I'm no exception.
I'll leave you with a tragic but funny story. My cousin lives in Houston and has a group of friends there. One got up one morning and drove to his favorite restaurant but decided to sit on a bench outside for a while. He was naked. Cops came and were ......, ready to take him to jail. One of my cousins friends realized what happened and told the cops he was bipolar. They diverted to the psych ward.
If someone you love has this disorder try to be patient and don't hit them with, well if you did this you'd be OK. Or if you got off those pills you'll be OK(or dead)Or if you got on pills you'd be fine(I recommend that one). If these people are very close to you, the one thing I recommend is to learn everything about the disease so you can help them. We tend to isolate, a phone call just to say, how are you, can remind us that someone cares. When we get better, we'll be there for you, too.
Thanks for reading but understand, there's no self-pity here. Just a glimmer of hope that I will one day feel like I did before mental illness took over.
Now, if I can get these wretched cartos to work.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I thought I posted this on a bipolar thread but I guess this will work. That is one long post!

Thank you for sharing, as it could not have been easy or simple. It may also help those here who have other loved ones that suffer from the same illness. My wife was borderline, and I still see the symptoms at times in her... even though she has been told she does not need the medication and has not taken any in the years I have known her. It is very easy for her to go from happy to depressed to anger in a rapid fashion.

Thank you for sharing, and I will be sending positive vibes your way as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread