Thoughts and Prayers....need emotional support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janieT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
  • Deleted by FlyingV
  • Reason: per request

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Okay Posse, heres the scoop, prayers and good vibes are needed. This is what put me back on the analogs. I have a panic disorder/anxiety & depression since I was young. Anyway....major changes have been happening at Mr. Hubby's work place. We moved here because they offered him an amazing job. Anyhoo.....a new person was hired about 8 months ago as a VP. The company was family owned and the Pres. basically resigned to be a stay at home mom, new VP now in charge of almost everything, but not all VP's. He has downsized a lot of people and brought in a whole new VP team (except the ones that do not report to him), including Mr. Hubby. Mr. Hubby moved to another position starting today under a different VP and does not have to report to evil VP. With the move he had to take a 10k drop in pay and the HR VP (now a director) told him to take this job until he could find something else (or he would have been laid off). Family owners sold said company a month ago to a larger company. Mr. Hubby has had NOTHING to do at work for close to 3 weeks.

Mr. Hubby had been applying in MN, until we realized we can't move our son at this stage in HS. So we need prayers or well wishes for him to find something here....there is very little in defense here. Its another BAE nightmare to me (his former employer) and needless to say it has my anxiety/depression way up ergo my "bad' day yesterday.

Also, could you pray/send good vibes for my son's surgery tomorrow. I'm very nervous about it. He isn't happy about it.

Thank you - that is all - back to your normal scheduled programming! Thanks Posse!

Janie, I'll be saying prayers and thinking of you all. I hope your sons surgery goes well. I sure hope your husbands job situation works out. And last but not least, I understand the depression and anxiety, even if it's not for the same reasons. Hope you feel better really soon!!!!!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
My story. I turn 59 tomorrow, I started on meds for unipolar depression 30 years ago and except for a few brief periods I've been on them ever since. At last count I've been on over 80 psych meds in thousands of combinations. I've lost count of therapists I've seen. Ten years ago I had a breakdown at work and two days later was full blown manic. Early manic episodes are better than any drug. I have never had more energy and hope and optimism. I amazed people when we met. I was incredible in their eyes. I was sleeping 2 hours a night and it didn't register. At work I lost my supervisor position and was glad I did. Stress is a person with bipolar disorders worst enemy.
Currently I'm on 3 mood stabilizers a benzo and Dexedrine. Lithium gives me tremors so bad that dripping is impossible.
Suicide attempt = 4 days in a psych ward with 15 minute bed checks. There's more.
My brother died of lung cancer 18 months ago, I was laid off a month later. Something inside of me died and cannot bring myself to look for a job. I filed for SSDI benefits and am waiting to see if I'm one of the lucky few that are approved first time. I'm a hard worker and started working when I was 12. If approved on SSDI, I can't get Medicare for two years...no insurance. My meds are $800 a month. I'll have to beg drug companies for meds and probably have to go to some clinic to see a psychiatrist. I go months at a time with suicidal ideation and it actually comforts me.
A common bipolar / depression lifestyle...If I don't have any doctors appointments or something that has to be done, then personal hygiene goes out the window. Two weeks, three weeks, I lose count. This problem was addressed on my SSDI forms.
There a very high achievers in every field with bipolar but for most of us, it's day to day.
Bipolar leads all mental illness in suicides. Twenty percent of us kill ourselves, usually during a mixed states episode.
Stigma is the worst and I hesitated posting this on a forum other than the mental health forums I belong to. I also write a blog on bipolar.
I recently told an ex-gf that I've known since high school what I was dealing with. She disappeared and didn't believe it.
Bipolar runs in families and I'm no exception.
I'll leave you with a tragic but funny story. My cousin lives in Houston and has a group of friends there. One got up one morning and drove to his favorite restaurant but decided to sit on a bench outside for a while. He was naked. Cops came and were ......, ready to take him to jail. One of my cousins friends realized what happened and told the cops he was bipolar. They diverted to the psych ward.
If someone you love has this disorder try to be patient and don't hit them with, well if you did this you'd be OK. Or if you got off those pills you'll be OK(or dead)Or if you got on pills you'd be fine(I recommend that one). If these people are very close to you, the one thing I recommend is to learn everything about the disease so you can help them. We tend to isolate, a phone call just to say, how are you, can remind us that someone cares. When we get better, we'll be there for you, too.
Thanks for reading but understand, there's no self-pity here. Just a glimmer of hope that I will one day feel like I did before mental illness took over.
Now, if I can get these wretched cartos to work.

I hope things get better for you soon. It's hard to deal with mental illness (I really hate that term, long story), especially if others don't understand. I know first hand what it is like, from a personal standpoint and also from a mother's standpoint. If it has done one thing for me it is that it has made me a stronger person. It's not always easy to see or feel that way when you're in a trough. I tend to have mixed states, and my daughter does too. Fortunately, mine is well controlled with meds. I wish you the best and know that you are not alone. Feel free to PM me anytime.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
Thanks guys. This is a picture from the first time I met him, 4 days old.

IMAG0650.jpg

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I'm not a praying type, but I could use some positive vibes and energy.

I work with my hands. They feed and clothe me and keep a roof over my head. I had to have surgery on my left wrist due to 'the worst Carpal tunnel' my surgeon of 20 or 30 years had ever seen due to glass blowing (constantly rotating a rod/tube of glass). It's healing, but hurts like a mutha'. He said he's not sure if I'll be able to blow glass agian. That's all I know. I' 29 and have been doing it for ~12 years. I don't know what i'll do if I cna't contiunue to blow glass.

Sorry for the typos. my pain meds are kicking in. No, i'm not dirving today. Stayning home, having freinds come over.

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm not a praying type, but I could use some positive vibes and energy.

I work with my hands. They feed and clothe me and keep a roof over my head. I had to have surgery on my left wrist due to 'the worst Carpal tunnel' my surgeon of 20 or 30 years had ever seen due to glass blowing (constantly rotating a rod/tube of glass). It's healing, but hurts like a mutha'. He said he's not sure if I'll be able to blow glass agian. That's all I know. I' 29 and have been doing it for ~12 years. I don't know what i'll do if I cna't contiunue to blow glass.

Sorry for the typos. my pain meds are kicking in. No, i'm not dirving today. Stayning home, having freinds come over.

I'll be thinking of you & hope you recover soon!

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread