• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

...thoughts and prayers........

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
....THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! the first surgery went fantastically...like the Surgeon said...it was text book perfect and Marlene came thru GREAT...she only spent 24hrs in NeuroICU and they sent us home today around noon...unfortunately, they could only get to one of the two and 3mos from now, we get to do it all over again...also found out, she has a third one...very small(1mm) in her carotid artery, which will havvta be dealt with by a vascular surgeon, installing a stent thru her groin...BUT, regardless of that, we are ecstatic about the results and to be home safe and sound...more to come(some vaping related)..............Jack

Sheyna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Awesome news. So very happy to hear that Marlene came through with flying colors, and "you" made it through the wait-and-see phase. If the docs are waiting 3 months before the next surgery, and not saying ASAP, that is a good sign in and of itself. And for them to have found that third one while it was still so small, thankful for that, and that it did not have a chance to go unnoticed.

Good news abounds.

Thanks for the update, madjack. Take well-deserved time to snuggle with your honey, and practice recuperating -- you're up NEXT !!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Marlene is doing better...she is still having some dexterity problems but, by doing her knitting/crocheting she is tackling that...she is also very tired or tires easily but, once again, the Docs said she would be thataway for 3-4weeks...overall, she is doing good and making amazing progress...right now, going stir crazy is her biggest problem(and mine)...her second surgery is scheduled for late May...

I am to have my pre-op physical and X-ray next Tues and the surgery on Mar 7th...it will be soooo, nice to be able to walk again without fighting the gnomes with chisels living in my hip...we are hanging in there and do so much appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers...

Classwife...your avatar skeeeered me...reminded me of my parochial school daze...lolol.............

madjack:2cool:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Ok. He's back making me LOL again. Sigh. Beautiful thing! Happy healing to you both.

Wow. You are getting right to it with your surgery right around the corner. Good for you! Betcha Marlene will knit you a cozy recliner-recovery blanket if you ask real nice :)

...hey, a good sense of humor is the best defense against the depression which is inevitable in this kinda situation(with the extra holes in Marlene's head, I call her my little wiffle ball...it's a shame magnets won't stick to stainless steel or else she could do a heck of a Frankenstein imitation...yuckyuckyuck)...and yes, I am getting my surgery done as soon as possible...before the insurance runs out on us and to be able to better help her with her recovery...this is my second hip replacement and if it goes like the first, I will be up, around and driving in a month...plenty of time before she has her second brain surgery...which will then be followed by some type of surgery for the aneurism in her carotid artery(probably a catheter/stent)...anyway, things are going as well or better than expected PLEASE keep those positive thoughts and prayers aimed our way...they sure are appreciated.........
Jack.......

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...for all those keeping up with our continuing adventure, I thought it time for an update....

Marlene had the staples removed from her head on Thur(32 of 'em)...the scar is pretty and matches her hairline and should be unnoticeable when it all said and done...she still tires very easily and has some problems with numbers and typing...all of which is getting better with some usage of those faculties...she has had some bad moments(mentally) as she comes to grips with the idea, she will not be able...after 18yrs...to go back to being a floor nurse for 9+mos if ever and we are looking at the best ways to cut 3-400 bucks...monthly... out of our budget...

I had the pre-op physical for my hip surgery(on Wed the 7th) and dealing with the hospital and Dr is getting weird...they have both asked for up front money to cover deductibles...of which there should be none since, Marlene's surgery more than covered those...I guess it is true, the left hand never knows what the right is doing....SHEEEESH...anyway, I am truly looking forward to mine so, I can walk again without having all them little gnomes chipping away at my him hip...

...stay well each and every one and once again, thanks ever so much for all the thoughts, prayers and support...it is very much appreciated...you will never know just how much that is so true.....

madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread