• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

...thoughts and prayers........

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
***UPDATES 5-27-12***

...well, we made it home Fri evening...what a long strange week it was...when the surgeon went in to clip the aneurism(the second one), they found a 3rd, unknown aneurism hiding behind the second, luckily, it was placed where they could go ahead and clip it as well...when Marlene came out from under the anesthetic, she was actually kinda chipper and they moved her out of NeuroICU early on Tues morn...she remained chipper that morning...and then the bottom fell out and scared me as bad as I have been scared since this all started...for some reason, the nurse gave her two 10mg hydrocodeine tabs and it really knocked her out...in addition, they disconnected her IV(last time they didn't do this until we were leaving)...anyway, her blood pressure bottomed out and they administered a bolus of IV fluid to bring it back up....it came up for a bit and then bottomed out again, causing her to receive another bolus...when her BP started dropping again, they hooked her back up to the IV fluid, stabilizing her BP....from this point (Tues evening) until Thur evening, I could get no response from her except a 1000yd stare and skeeeerred the heck outta me...twice during this period, I was scared enough to buzz the nurses, who came running and Marlene would respond to them in a way she was not responding to me...finally on Thur evening she ate some supper(her first food since Sun night) and on Fri morn, they brought her in for another CT which, showed clean and green....she ate her breakfast, took a shower with help from one of the PT folks and after talking with the Docs, they let us comeon home Fri afternoon...once home, Marlene(and I) slept for darn near 24 hrs and she seems to be coming along OK at this point...now we just need to get her recovered enough for her to have her last surgery on the aneurism on her carotid artery(sometime in Aug)........

Once again, let me humbly express my appreciation and thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts we have received and ask you to continue to think of us..............Jack

p.s. I did OK with my hip during this round except for when they discharged us, I moved so quickly to get the car(parked a block or so away) that I sprained or twisted my knee on my "good" leg and it swole up about grapefruit sized and I have been cripping around on it...it is getting better already........J

p.s.s. ...once again, many thanks and appreciations to St Sunny of Vegas..........J

p.s.s.s. ...still fighting with the insurance companies...SHEEEEESH, they should be lined up with the lawyers/politicians and dumped in the BIG POND!!!!!!!!...J

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
***UPDATE***

Marlene is a couple weeks out of surgery now and seems to be doing OK...she is still weak as a new kitten with very little stamina(to be expected)...she doesn't seem to have as much confusion as last time(or we have gotten used to it)...we go back to the Docs office this thurs afternoon to have her zipper(staples) removed and I have a final appointment with my hip Doc that morn...I was hoping to be off the cane by now BUT, I twisted my knee getting her out of the hospital and still need my stick...I got Marlene out of the house for her first time on both Fri and Sat going out to a couple of diff friends who live way out in the country and she was able to sit and enjoy MaNature for 4hrs orso both times...please keep us in those positive thoughts and prayers, they are very appreciated and sure seem to help...hopefully she will have her last surgery the end of Aug or first of Sept...anyway, I hope everyone has a nice summer, we are going to try and enjoy it as much as we can......
Thanks so much to eveyone...Jack
p.s. thanks Sunny.............J
p.s.s. did I ever tell ya how much I hate insurance bureaucracies.........J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread