Thoughts on EMOW Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJW77

Aug 22, 2015
So after 21 years of a 1-2 pack a day habit of smoking Marlboro red 100's I've decided to quit. I'm hoping vaping will help get the proverbial monkey off my back. Anyway, on to the subject... I am thinking of purchasing an Kanger EMOW MEGA, any opinions, tips or advice on this unit ? Also what would be recommended for a good tobacco flavor to replicate my former preferred cigarette ?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It's probably a NO from me. :eek:

Many of us quit using this type of e-cig. Was it easy? NO. Was it possible? YES.
Are you making life easy for yourself trying to quit from 1-2 packs a day using something like an EMOW? NO.

You can do better for the same money (or a little more), with more reliable atomizers and higher nicotine delivery from a better device.

I needed 24mg liquid using this type of product and was changing the atomizer heads every 3-4 days. This makes it expensive and frustrating. I smoked <15 a day.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
So after 21 years of a 1-2 pack a day habit of smoking Marlboro red 100's I've decided to quit. I'm hoping vaping will help get the proverbial monkey off my back. Anyway, on to the subject... I am thinking of purchasing an Kanger EMOW MEGA, any opinions, tips or advice on this unit ? Also what would be recommended for a good tobacco flavor to replicate my former preferred cigarette ?
That looks like a good little starter kit. You will not find a tobacco flavored eliquid that tastes like burnt tobacco. You will find eliquid that tastes like pipe tobacco smells. I would skip that and get a flavor that you like better. If you like melons get a melon vape etc

For eliquid I recommend Mountan Oak Vapors. I would start with 18mg/mL nicotine strength or 24mg/mL.

Remember the darker or sweeter the eliquid the faster it will clog up the heating element (coil).

The key to this is, don't try to quit smoking, that will happen on its own. Learn how to Vape first. Don't put any pressure on yourself.

Reactions: anjelvape77

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
IMO - Don't

Here is my suggestion. Like everything here it is all opinion.

Get a Eleaf IJUST2 battery only
LINK>>> Eleaf iJust 2 2600mah Battery

Get a Starre Tank (NOT THE NEW STARRE PRO) - You can adjust the air flow up or down but later on you will find it was a good investment of many tank I already replaced with it early on (like Subtank, Herakles, Aspire, Artic). This tank loves a 70VG or higher VG mix, but you can use 50PG/50VG juice if you want. Many juice are.

LINK >>> Freemax Starre V1

Try stout liquid like "Holy Grail" from VaporBeast @ 24 nic level. Some folks feel this is the closest thing to a cig, no flavor.
E-Liquid | Holy Grail- RY4 Sweet Tobacco | VaporBeast

Also try a stout flavlor-less mix with 24 nic (trust me)
Flavorless E-Juice

The hardware I stated could be had for not too much more than "kit". I smoked like you, I wish I had this set up the month I tried to quit the 1st time vs. the 2 EVOD kits.

Good luck and welcome!!!!!!!!!! We want you to stop smoking :) As it was said it is totally normal to do both but get good equipment so you stand a better chance.

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
IMO - Don't

Get a Starre Tank (NOT THE NEW STARRE PRO) - You can adjust the air flow up or down but later on you will find it was a good investment of many tank I already replaced with it early on (like Subtank, Herakles, Aspire, Artic). This tank loves a 70VG or higher VG mix.

Try stout liquid like "Holy Grail" from VaporBeast @ 24 nic level.

Flavorless E-Juice

The hardware I stated could be had for not too much more than "kit". I smoked like you, I wish I had this set up the month I tried to quit the 1st time vs. the 2 EVOD kits.

Good luck and welcome!!!!!!!!!! We want you to stop smoking :)
That is a unregulated power supply. Not a good idea for someone who is just getting started.

I would not recommend high VG eliquid for a new vaper. Especially if they want it to feel like smoking.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
That is a unregulated power supply. Not a good idea for someone who is just getting started.

I would not recommend high VG eliquid for a new vaper. Especially if they want it to feel like smoking.

It is not unregulated like a box mod so lets not scare the newbie.

It is as regulated as an EMOW or an Ijust 2 kit or an egoOne which are all "starter set ups". It has protection built in and seconds to cut off the vape or if the button gets pushed down to long in a pocket (I know from experience).

The whole new to vaping PG heavy mix I don't buy in to. Fresh of the stinkies I had no lung capacity and I did not find joy until moving away from the 50/50 stuff. Also far more people are irritated by PF than VG even if not 100% more allergic.

I founding vaping rougher than smoking, many do in the beginning. Higher VG with the right coil can product a smooth vape, the high nic level will be enough "bite", again my opinion. The high nic level is ultimately what will pull you away from stinkies if you get it high enough to get a buzz and convince yourself your nic requirements are met.

I was just trying to cutoff/diversify the Subox Mini recommendations which usually come with questions like this which I think is not convenient enough for starting out. You need something like an EMOW just a little better which is an option summer 2015 but not so much fall of 2014.

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
The EMOW Mega is Variable Voltage

Okay my bad on that but the other 2 I mentioned are not, I used an EVOD 1900 not EMOW. Still nothing to fear or compare to a tube unregulated mod which is what most people think when you compare to just unregulated.

I have heard on this forum a ton of people say "I wish I'd skipped the Ijoy/EVOD/EMOW stuff and just got an Ego One" etc.

Based on my experience I'm totally with that crowd. So I'm simply going that direction but recommending a better tank and a better battery for $40 if you shop around and let the adjustments come from good air flow and how long you hold down the button. I'd much rather have this experience than the Kanger tube stuff, crappy coils, burnt hits and leaks that so many B&M's push on newbies so you come back quick and upgrade.

Again just my experience, which gets 1 vote :) from me :) I love these little set ups and even though I have moved on to bigger things I find them great for vacations, travel, work, bars, driving, riding and so on and if I break one I don't fret.

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

I have heard on this forum a ton of people say "I wish I'd skipped the Ijoy/EVOD/EMOW stuff and just got an Ego One" etc.

Based on my experience I'm totally with that crowd. So I'm simply going that direction but recommending a better tank and a better battery for $40 if you shop around and let the adjustments come from good air flow and how long you hold down the button. I'd much rather have this experience than the Kanger tube stuff, crappy coils, burnt hits and leaks that so many B&M's push on newbies so you come back quick and upgrade.

Again just my experience, which gets 1 vote :) from me :) I love these little set ups and even though I have moved on to bigger things I find them great for vacations, travel, work, bars, driving, riding and so on and if I break one I don't fret.

After 6 years of helping people get started I understand what you are saying. Everyone starts the same everyone says they should have done something different after about 4 months.

It has to be up to the new vaper to decide on their first kit. That is the first step everyone takes. Digging around to find what they like and don't like in eliquid cannot be advised it has to be experienced by the new vaper.

What you in hindsight see as avoidable expenses are just part of the process. Everyone takes these steps.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
After 6 years of helping people get started I understand what you are saying. Everyone starts the same everyone says they should have done something different after about 4 months.

It has to be up to the new vaper to decide on their first kit. That is the first step everyone takes. Digging around to find what they like and don't like in eliquid cannot be advised it has to be experienced by the new vaper.

What you in hindsight see as avoidable expenses are just part of the process. Everyone takes these steps.

LOL I do totally agree... we can only share our experiences. I do jump on the "if I only knew" "let me save you a step" band wagon, but I do realize not to recommend a TFV4 and Sigelie 150 :) We all have to take our journey.

This forum pointed me towards my 1st EVOD which was my 1st step past the gas station junk. That and Unicorn Milk juice, I thought that set up was holy grail for a week or two.

KJW77

Aug 22, 2015
Thanks for all the responses !! ECF truly has a wealth of knowledgeable people out there. Please keep the responses to this subject flowing. I really appreciate all your input. Anyhow, I'm still pretty sure that the EMOW Mega will be my first device because I want to ease into it. I know I will upgrade in the near future but until then I want you to tell me why I shouldn't try the EMOW Mega. Hopefully someone out there has had good or bad experiences with this device??? Let me know.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
IMO - Don't

Get a Starre Tank (NOT THE NEW STARRE PRO) - You can adjust the air flow up or down but later on you will find it was a good investment of many tank I already replaced with it early on (like Subtank, Herakles, Aspire, Artic). This tank loves a 70VG or higher VG mix, but you can use 50PG/50VG juice if you want. Many juice are.

Try stout liquid like "Holy Grail" from VaporBeast @ 24 nic level. Some folks feel this is the closest thing to a cig, no flavor.

Flavorless E-Juice

Good luck and welcome!!!!!!!!!! We want you to stop smoking :) As it was said it is totally normal to do both but get good equipment so you stand a better chance.

The ONLY circumstance I would ever recommend to a newbie to start with this type of advanced outfit is if they had an experienced MATURE vaper to be there showing them the way in person.

I would recommend the iStick 30 w (or the iStick 40 w temp control which you don't have to use the temp control feature, it takes special coils) along with an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Get a 5 pack of spare coils 1.6 or 1.8 ohm. The Nautilus is a mouth to lung vape and both the iStick and Nautilus are user friendly.
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Thanks for all the responses !! ECF truly has a wealth of knowledgeable people out there. Please keep the responses to this subject flowing. I really appreciate all your input. Anyhow, I'm still pretty sure that the EMOW Mega will be my first device because I want to ease into it. I know I will upgrade in the near future but until then I want you to tell me why I shouldn't try the EMOW Mega. Hopefully someone out there has had good or bad experiences with this device??? Let me know.

There is no reason not to try one. The inner thinking that is going one with some folks when we try to help is the stumble, well better said "it not working" and folks keep on smoking and give up.

If your heart is in it, your mind follows. If your willing to chuck it and try another setup in weeks *IF* you don't feel the transition is happening or performance is suffering you should absolutely try the EMOW Mega. If you want to keep in all in one box and wrapper you can also get a EgoOne Mega kit. Its closer to the path I was pointing down (performance AND pants pocket friendly), but you could always circle back and try that during "phase II" lol. There are MANY phases for "some", not all.

Probably most important is that NIC level and getting something you can dig. Don't shy a way from un-flavored high nic, many feel it is closer to a full flavor cig. :)

One other thing.... avoid IMO Mt. Baker Vapor, nasty juice can also turn you back to cigs and historically they are known for it.

We all wish you success on this journey.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
As the not so proud owner of an EMOW with the standard size battery no longer working after two months use, I can't recommend it. I never did like the taste of the vapor it produced either. You would be far better off with an Eleaf Istick 30 or 40w battery and a nautilus mini tank which produces much better flavor, or even a GS-Tank from Eleaf with the organic cotton vertical coils. As far as liquids go it was naturally extracted tobacco juice that got me off Marlboro reds almost a year ago, 18 to 24 mg nicotine. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread