Thoughts on Subox mini c starter kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having to replace and upgrade most of my collection after a 1 year vaping hiatus led to the discovery none of my mods worked anymore, and were somewhat obsolete at any rate. I've purchased a subvod, subvod mega, and a joyetech AIO for out and about ease of vaping and office use, but I really want the rose gold copper colored subox mini-c kit at our local vape shop because it's pretty (yes I have a rose gold iPhone and yes I'm a girl lol). My vape needs are pretty simple, I'm not into fancy stuff, adjustable wattage up to 50 is plenty for me, but I can't find many reviews on this thing or it's redesigned "leak-proof" tank and I'm curious if anyone here has it or what their thoughts are?

Reactions: Cheallaigh
I am curious as well to the thoughts on this kit as I have read some really good reviews and some really bad ones.
I went ahead and bought it, as it's really pretty in the copper, my vape shop had it for under $30, it came with a tank, and I wanted a variable wattage box anyway. So far I like it. I've had none of the leaking that my subtanks tend to occasionally do from the new tank, and my only real complaint is that the tank lid and drip tip are all one piece, I don't like the drip tip, and I can't put what I prefer on there. As with all kanger power buttons (it seems anyway lol), it can be finicky in just exactly how it wants the 5 button presses timed to turn the power on or off but not too bad.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
I don't care for the new tank. Flavor wise it's almost on par with the toptank though. I just don't like the design of it at all. The way you can easily pull it off if you aren't careful and the fact that we can't adjust the airflow but can adjust the juice flow??? Could anyone explain to me why anyone would want the juice flow anything but fully open?o_O

Quite honestly, I'm not a fan of any of these new Kanger tanks, I'll be sticking with the toptank for certain.

Mod is ok and has a fully adjustable 510. I would just throw a toptank on it instead. Still a very nice kit for the newbie. I wish they would have gave us some silver battery stickers with the kit though!o_O

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I just got the Subox Mini-C in today's mail. It works great, looks great and so far, I love it. The size and shape make it very comfortable to hold in my hand. It is about 1/8 inch taller than my iStick 40, and more narrow. Unless I find something I don't like about it soon, I'll be ordering multiples of this one for the stockpile.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I went ahead and bought it, as it's really pretty in the copper, my vape shop had it for under $30, it came with a tank, and I wanted a variable wattage box anyway. So far I like it. I've had none of the leaking that my subtanks tend to occasionally do from the new tank, and my only real complaint is that the tank lid and drip tip are all one piece, I don't like the drip tip, and I can't put what I prefer on there. As with all kanger power buttons (it seems anyway lol), it can be finicky in just exactly how it wants the 5 button presses timed to turn the power on or off but not too bad.

Have you tried it with a silver tank? If so, how does it look?

I want the Rose Gold color, but I do not plan to use the tank. I'm trying to figure out if I should use it with a silver tank or if I should try to find a Rose Gold Kayfun or something.

Chucky Waggs

Feb 6, 2017
Hi, new here. I picked up the subox mini c kit for a carry around mod and spilt juice all over 3 times within the first hour!. I haven't seen anything about this so i figured i'd comment. I fully understood the '0' ring assembly as opposed to threaded, as well as how the twist juice adjust function worked. The first time it spilt was do to how much tighter the top was to the tank glass than the base. When i went to top it of, the force it took to remove the top was enough to make the bottom glass pop off, leaving me with a lap full of residual juice. Even though i was sure to keep a firm grasp on the glass while pull/twisting the tip. I then put it in my bag(in what i thought was a pretty secure pocket) and, once again, it disessembled. Third time(being extra careful a this point) I went to adjust the juice flow by twisting. This twist caused the tank to twist off of the coil base, spilling juice on my lap again. I will definitely not be putting this tank in my pocket or bag and carrying it around. That said, the Kanger coils, as well as the user friendly mod(battery sold separate, making it a $50 rig) are the quality you would expect from kangertech. I feel like simply treading either the top, bottom, or both would have made this tank a keeper. But as it is, i will be keeping the mod and replacing the tank soon. It is compact, easy to use and reliable vape. My experience may be different from others'(bad rings or something) but that is the one big 'con' i have.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

I love the mod and bought three of them (silver, space grey and rose gold), but I've never used the tanks because there's too much airflow for me. The price is fantastic, they look great and they are nice and small. The finish is very durable as well. The only negative I've found with them is that a couple of times the ohms doesn't read correctly because it says 9.99 error or something like that. I couldn't get that message to go away until I put another coil in. There's no way my coil was a 9.99, but that's what it said on the screen. It never affected the quality of the vape, but it was extremely annoying. If it weren't for that, I would have bought many more of these.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
9.99 means open circuit, 0.00 means shorted or too low. Open circuit is because of the contact between the coil head and the base contact or bottom contact to mod pin.

I am so happy to hear this! Thank you very much! That must be why putting a new coil in fixed it! Does that mean my coil was too close to the base contact?

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I am so happy to hear this! Thank you very much! That must be why putting a new coil in fixed it! Does that mean my coil was too close to the base contact?

Opposite

Either the coil wire itself burned in half or the pin in the bottom of the coil head wasn't making any or good contact with the base.

Only drawback to the C is the tank cannot use the Kanger RBA if I remember right. You have to purchase coils

FDA BOC
Correct. That's really the main drawback to the subtank 5 that comes with the kit. The tank itself is nice, but being forced back to buying coils is a bummer. I got one yesterday to replace my old subbox mini, and I'm just going to be using the subtank on the new rig.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EddieAdams
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread