Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Way better mods out there, that would be last on my list. Segelei 100w plus, great mod, nice and simple and you get to use your own batteries which is always a bonus.

You only get what you pay for though, if your looking for a cheap mod that works, then the Istick does the job.

Reactions: Toronnah

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Way better mods out there, that would be last on my list. Segelei 100w plus, great mod, nice and simple and you get to use your own batteries which is always a bonus.

You only get what you pay for though, if your looking for a cheap mod that works, then the Istick does the job.

I agree. I need another high power mod and feel the Sigeleis are much better built. So while the istick is tempting for the low price and ergonomics, I feel another Sigelei is a better value in the long run. I may be wrong and the istick lasts just as long, but I feel better about my Sigeleis going the mile.

Reactions: Rixsta

lilparis47

Moved On
Aug 10, 2015
The price point is amazing...when you don't add in the cost of 2 18650's and a charger. If you already have those, then yes $30-35 is a good price. Aside from what the others have stated about button rattle, I haven't heard any negatives on it so far.
Sweet everyone, i bought it last night. I have faith in eleaf because ive had the istick 50w for over a year, and it still works great. button rattle is something i dont give a .... about, and i loove the ergonomic grip to it. I like the sigelei, but i get sick of the crisp hard corners and edges. The price point is the only real reason i got it. thanks for the input everyone

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Yeah I've got the horrendous button rattle on the +- buttons, the fire button is fine though. Another thing is that the 510, while spring loaded, isn't that deep, some atties will bottom out...

...and yeah...that stupid...@#$'ing...puff counter.

Besides all that, the battery door uses magnets superior to most mods I've seen and its tough to beat the price/performance it offers. IF it lasts, which only time will tell.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
Sweet everyone, i bought it last night. I have faith in eleaf because ive had the istick 50w for over a year, and it still works great. button rattle is something i dont give a .... about, and i loove the ergonomic grip to it. I like the sigelei, but i get sick of the crisp hard corners and edges. The price point is the only real reason i got it. thanks for the input everyone
But, but I was still thinking!
Never mind, now I forgot what I was thinking.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
Even though you already bought one, I’m going to give my little review of the 100 for anyone else interested in getting one. I purchased two, one arrived with something BIG rattling around inside it, I’m guessing it was the charging board? Both of them had tremendous button rattle (adjustment buttons only), but I don’t care about that. I returned the one with whatever was inside it rattling around, cause I don’t need something new that’s already broke…

So, with the one I have had now for a few weeks, I’m impressed with it from the price standpoint. I have, however, noticed something that really bothers me. Has anyone noticed the humming with lower resistance coils? With the arctic’s .2ohm coil, the istick hummed a bit. I wasn’t too worried about it, until I was building a coil on it (shooting for .25), and noticed a LOT of humming:

First pulse: HMMMM

Second pulse: HRRMM

Third pulse: HRRRRM

Haven’t built on it since… Anything below .4 ohms makes a lot of humming racket on mine. With voltage up or down, it still hums. No idea if this is a problem or not, but I definitely don’t like it! It doesn’t make any noises with anything over .4 ohms. So as a cheap tank mod it works great. But I’m pretty leary of building coils for my mech on it. It has definitely gotten worse over the past couple weeks. I do love the battery door! The magnets work well, and the door works great! The magnets do attract the batteries as you’re inserting them, slightly annoying. The battery compartment on mine is also super tight, so I have to take a lot of care inserting batteries to make sure the wraps don’t get damaged.

Overall, eh it’s ok. Worth the price, but I’m scared to use low ohm coils on mine, which was one of the reasons I bought it… I'll stick with using it for rta's and see what happens.

Good luck with yours!

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Even though you already bought one, I’m going to give my little review of the 100 for anyone else interested in getting one. I purchased two, one arrived with something BIG rattling around inside it, I’m guessing it was the charging board? Both of them had tremendous button rattle (adjustment buttons only), but I don’t care about that. I returned the one with whatever was inside it rattling around, cause I don’t need something new that’s already broke…

So, with the one I have had now for a few weeks, I’m impressed with it from the price standpoint. I have, however, noticed something that really bothers me. Has anyone noticed the humming with lower resistance coils? With the arctic’s .2ohm coil, the istick hummed a bit. I wasn’t too worried about it, until I was building a coil on it (shooting for .25), and noticed a LOT of humming:

First pulse: HMMMM

Second pulse: HRRMM

Third pulse: HRRRRM

Haven’t built on it since… Anything below .4 ohms makes a lot of humming racket on mine. With voltage up or down, it still hums. No idea if this is a problem or not, but I definitely don’t like it! It doesn’t make any noises with anything over .4 ohms. So as a cheap tank mod it works great. But I’m pretty leary of building coils for my mech on it. It has definitely gotten worse over the past couple weeks. I do love the battery door! The magnets work well, and the door works great! The magnets do attract the batteries as you’re inserting them, slightly annoying. The battery compartment on mine is also super tight, so I have to take a lot of care inserting batteries to make sure the wraps don’t get damaged.

Overall, eh it’s ok. Worth the price, but I’m scared to use low ohm coils on mine, which was one of the reasons I bought it… I'll stick with using it for rta's and see what happens.

Good luck with yours!
That sucks because even though my 50w istick will fire down to .2 the lowest I've had it was .3 and there was almost a 1 second delay before it'd fire good. I was considering the 100w so I could run more lower ohm coils on it with the extra power. Also has anyone been charging the batteries in the device and if so how's that working?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I picked one up for the price and wanted a regulated mod just for dripping. I've had it for over a month and It's preformed pretty damn well. I run my Velocity on it with dual Claptons @ about .4Ω's and it gives me a great vape.

It a basic unit that has good power at a great price point. You get what you pay for but it's a decent mod for the price.

I don't get any button rattle or rattle snaking at low ohms but I may have just gotten lucky.

Hell Noodle you need to tell me how to find the puff counter ;)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I picked one up for the price and wanted a regulated mod just for dripping. I've had it for over a month and It's preformed pretty damn well. I run my Velocity on it with dual Claptons @ about .4Ω's and it gives me a great vape.

It a basic unit that has good power at a great price point. You get what you pay for but it's a decent mod for the price.

I don't get any button rattle or rattle snaking at low ohms but I may have just gotten lucky.

Hell Noodle you need to tell me how to find the puff counter ;)

As soon as you vape look at the screen :). It tells you how long your draw was. Same as the 50Ws.

I don't hear any humming. I'm running dual Claptons at 0.33 ohm. Just my power buttons rattle so bad I also thought something was rolling around in there when I unboxed it.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
You've had your istick 50w for over a year? Are you sure about that? :blink:

Reactions: erikbal

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yes, the 50W istick came out right at the end of January or first week of February. I have one from that early batch. It is working, but I need to adjust the silicone grommet around the fire button. Its interfering a little bit. My other two from late in February haven't shown any issue of any kind, but I've been careful with all of them. No juice leaks, not pushing them hard (less than 22W).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread