Thoughts on this Version 3 rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Just putting this out there...

Those of us that use mods are really a small percentage of e-cig users. It seems to me, that the eGo batts seem to have a larger market share.

Could ProVari possibly corner the eGo market with a smaller form factor containing all the ProVari innovations? I know I would jump on that like crazy ;)

I don't like the sound of that personally. I think for the kind of toppers Egos are used for, they do as good of a job as needed. There are a few mini tanks that could benefit from more wattage than an Ego can provide, but I think if they went that small I would be disappointed personally. Lack of battery life would be one big issue for a smaller device I would think.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
For the nerdy folk out there, I know why it's taking so long to release. If you've watched the last season of The Guild, just imagine Floyd Petrowski in charge.

hqdefault.jpg

For those who haven't seen the show, Floyd is the creator of an online game & takes the online criticism pretty hard to the point where he can't release anything.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Meh as of late, is how I feel. The teases, and no real info coupled with the fact that I've stocked up on ProVari's in preparation for the Vapocalypse, I don't foresee needing any new PV's. We will know what it is when ProVape decides to tell us, rumors and innuendos are just farts in the wind...

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Meh as of late, is how I feel. The teases, and no real info coupled with the fact that I've stocked up on ProVari's in preparation for the Vapocalypse, I don't foresee needing any new PV's. We will know what it is when ProVape decides to tell us, rumors and innuendos are just farts in the wind...
I've been prepared for the Vapocalypse for months now and I STILL bought another freaking ProVari.

It's an addiction.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
LOL! Yeah, I bought a gently used V1, just to have it :)
I bought the green metallic when the golds weren't available (I really still don't know why....it's not one of my favorites and I don't use it) and I automatically bought the Dragon (which I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE).

Those added to the original satin silver that still dresses up really nice and the two useds I bought -- one with blue LED and my usual go-to -- I don't see me buying another.

Still, it's tough to see which to SELL. *sigh* They're my children.

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
In the Provari factory video I thought it was a given that a new v3 was right around the corner. They eluded to it a few times. Watch it again, I may have read into it to much.

My Visit To ProVape - Part 1

"The provari is the technics mk-2 1200 turntable of the vaping world"

Wow...that is quite the bold statement.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
There are far too many variables which come into play when vaping to allow the accurate estimation of temperature. The chip would have to take into account wire gauge, power, wick saturation, airflow, coil separation, time between draws, length of draw etc etc.

I am with twizted in thinking that there would need to be a sensor inside the atomizer for this kind of thing to work effectively.
If the temperature sensor is real, most likely it is a safety feature that monitors battery temp, not atty temp.
There is one thing that might be an option. I have seen a few devices out now that are upgradable via a software update. There could be the possibility that Provape starts out conservative and later releases software upgrades to keep up with the times.
ProVape flashed the chips (is that the correct terminology?) on the V1 and V2 to prevent people altering the ProVari's programming. I don't foresee that changing anytime soon.
Just putting this out there...

Those of us that use mods are really a small percentage of e-cig users. It seems to me, that the eGo batts seem to have a larger market share.

Could ProVari possibly corner the eGo market with a smaller form factor containing all the ProVari innovations? I know I would jump on that like crazy ;)
I've speculated that they might be going to a ZNA style design, with the chip and buttons alongside the battery. That would explain the small footprint of the prototype device (small enough to fit in a shirt pocket). Assuming they weren't messing with us.
That's a strong possibility.

The device Dave's playing around with in his shirt pocket, at the end of the tour video, doesn't look all that big.
This. ^^^ :D
Not at the price range I heard..

Apparently P3 is more expensive than V2.5...
They've had four years to get the price of the V1/V2 down to the minimum. Only a fool would think that the V3 would be cheaper than the V2. The cost of tooling up for a new design alone is going to put them in the black for a while.
I heard that also, which is why I originally discounted an eGo size. Could smaller be more expensive to manufacture?
The V2 mini takes longer to make than the full size, even though there is less material. That's one of the reasons they are priced identically.
In the Provari factory video I thought it was a given that a new v3 was right around the corner. They eluded to it a few times. Watch it again, I may have read into it to much.
I think they said within a year...so more like 9 or 10 months now, at the outside. They will be getting new equipment in that they want to test on the new Provarinati end cap in the next couple of weeks. It doesn't take a genius to realize that they probably didn't order new tooling just for end caps. Allowing for beta tests and ramping up production, stock bottlenecks, etc. I would be very surprised if the V3 released before December.

I bet they are trying for a mid-November announcement of a release date with pictures and specs. Christmas presents and all that. :)

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I call BS. Atleast for some of it. If he's talking about coil temperature then the only way a chip could control it would be to have a sensor near the coil to provide feedback to the chip of coil temperature. That would take some bit of programming and engineering.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
I think these new chips monitor the chip temperature like on a PC that monitor CPU temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread