Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Where are the open threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh.
I'm trying to find a good thread on weight gain and switching to e-cigs.
I've looked into 8 threads and they are all locked.

What the !

Is the occasional thread bump so harmful that all this thread locking is needed ?

I've never seen a place with this many locked threads.

Weird.

Threads will auto-lock after a certain period of inactivity (I believe it's 30 days) (after 90 days with no posting)
Feel free to start a new thread on the subject if you can't find one that's currently active :)
90 days seems fair.
I like to keep information in one place. I wonder if Google likes information in one place.

You can just start a new thread. You are trying to gain weight by vaping?
I am trying to learn if you have less weight gain when switching to vaping vs. quitting smoking entirely.

I don't understand why threads are locked just because they've not had any replies in 90 days. I run a forum elsewhere and it's wonderful to see say a 10 year old thread being resurrected. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and shows that people are interested in looking at old threads and joining in the conversation. Just because a thread is 90 days without replies doesn't mean the info on that thread is no longer relevant. I don't see any point in having to start a new thread to discuss things that are already on existing threads. Surely it's much better to keep a certain topic on a single thread than multiple threads all over the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread