Threads for 510 on eVic loose, bad, crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
This is my second eVic, and it seems the 510 connector threads are weak and easily stretch or get damaged.

My kayfun is hanging on by a single turn at this point. I bought an air flow control ring to act as a in between, but that's so ugly. Wrong diameter. What are my options?

Am I the only one who has had problems with the threads of the 510?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No, but by the second one you should have it figured out.

Hold the Kayfun in your hand and feel the weight. Now look at how small that 510 connection is. Unfortunately the Chinese do not make any hardened SS top connections.(510,etc.)

What you need is this:
TankAdapter.jpg

You thread it inside the eVic top collar to just above its edge. The Tank support needs to be down enough to allow contact, but up enough to stop the tank before it bottoms the threads.
This helps to stop thread stretching and gives full lateral support.
I use these on both my eVics, now 1yr old.:)

I do not use the 22mm tanks on them tough simply because they don't fit clean. 22mm tank & 19mm Mod.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
No, but by the second one you should have it figured out.

Hold the Kayfun in your hand and feel the weight. Now look at how small that 510 connection is. Unfortunately the Chinese do not make any hardened SS top connections.(510,etc.)

What you need is this:
View attachment 293266

You thread it inside the eVic top collar to just above its edge. The Tank support needs to be down enough to allow contact, but up enough to stop the tank before it bottoms the threads.
This helps to stop thread stretching and gives full lateral support.
I use these on both my eVics, now 1yr old.:)

I do not use the 22mm tanks on them tough simply because they don't fit clean. 22mm tank & 19mm Mod.

Are those beauty rings from a kanger tank? What are they?

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
You know, this being my second eVic head with issues, I'm not sure that would have prevented anything. I have the squared top cap that is NOT tapered, and I absolutely do not over tighten the atomizer to the head.

The square straight cap offers way more support than the tapered head, I think the threads on the evic are just....well crap!

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Loctite manufactures a thread repair ointment as well as glues. It's not the same as Noalax.

Loctite® Form-A- Thread® Stripped Thread Repair - Henkel

My threads are still fine after almost 8 months of having my evic, and I switch tanks pretty much every two or three hours (RBAs to RDAs to evods/Protank II minis and full sized Protank IIs).

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
My threads are fine after using mine for the past 8 months that I've had it. The thing to remember is only tighten your clearomizer til you feel it touching the center pin. No need to tighten it all the way down as it could lead to stripped threads and other problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was worried about the threads on my eVic after reading several threads in the forums about them wearing out. So I bought a 510 to Ego adaptor with well from Madvapes.
View attachment 295536

510 to eGo Adapter with Well

I think it looks good and matches my device.
View attachment 295537

Have had my eVic for about 2 months and no problems (I make sure to be gentle with my screwing), but I will have to pick one of these up soon just to prolong the life for sure.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

sean5340

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South Louisiana
I use the bottom ring that came with my Unitank. Thread the ring all the way down then screw on the Igo until it contacts. Then back off the Igo 1/4 turn and screw the ring up to contact the Igo. Now while holding the ring screw the Igo down tight. Nice and secure.

Attachments

• 20140204_192539_resized.jpg
    20140204_192539_resized.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread