• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Throat Hit among various nic levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I have seen numerous other threads about comparing throat hit among different nicotine levels. But, as expected, the answers vary wildly and are typically "try xyz's juice; they use a special VG/PG blend" or "try abc's juice, their efg flavor will knock your socks off", etc.

So I thought I would ask about experiences strictly related to JC's juices.

I have stuck with 18 mg and am happy with the TH, both with original and Red Oak. But has anyone done a comparison on the high/medium levels to low or even zero nic in JC's juices?

dopeless-hopefiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Littleton, CO
The throat hit is directly related to the nic level. So, as you drop nic, the Th will also drop. The differences in pg/vg ration dont make near as much difference in TH as nic lvl...pg is harsher than vg, but slight varience. Thats my 2 cents

In general, I agree with this, BUT - sometimes certain flavors just have a massive throat hit regardless. Dekang or Chinese strawberry liquid has a brutal throat hit (even in the low strength.) I typically love a stout TH but this stuff - whoa, it's a little much.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
In general, I agree with this, BUT - sometimes certain flavors just have a massive throat hit regardless. Dekang or Chinese strawberry liquid has a brutal throat hit (even in the low strength.) I typically love a stout TH but this stuff - whoa, it's a little much.

Yeah. I've read that about other juices/flavors, so that's what prompted my question about JC.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
From my experience with other cheap brands like Top Vape. 24mg is like a strong cig, the 18 is like a Normal Camel or Marb smoke. 11mg is like smoking air, and 36mg is like taking a big hit from a cigar and inhaling it..
for me, 36mg i need to vape less because you can really feel the nicotine, the 18 and under I vape more as you don't feel it nearly as much and it's a more comfortable vape.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I use the 18mg Tennessee Cured VG, and the nic isn't quite strong enough for me, although I love the flavor!! But when I vape other 24mg flavors, I get a headache from too much nic. I like that Johnson Creek offers the TC in their Original PG at 24mg. I'd like to try a 50/50 mix of both for a nic level of 21mg. I'm hoping that will solve the issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread