Throat Hit Black Pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tona Aspsusa

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Finland
Thanks for resurrecting - I agree, great thread!

And it got me thinking, what other spices might one make an infusion/tincture of?

How about Rose/Brazilian Pepper? There's something about its taste that sort of makes me think that it might work well vaped. Maybe combined with something citrus-y...

And would white pepper perhaps give an even sharper TH? Same berry, but without the more aromatic outer shell. (I understand nothing about TH, I can't even quite figure out what is meant by it)

Foxfur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
Portland, Oregon
I have an obsessive / compulsive relationship with Tabasco sauce as illustrated by this 6 month supply obtained at the local cash n carry. This thread has restoked my interest in finally creating an e-liquid to satisfy my desire to experience Tabasco sauce in every way possible.
I'm planning on using the clear fraction that settles after sitting for an extended period.

Edit:
I forgot to add the photo, doh!
....ton of Tabasco.jpg

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
do you guys think vigorous shaking or heating will improve the extraction of the pepper?

I placed the glass bottle with the tincture in a small pan and heated some water around it, and shook the crap out of it a few times. I was careful not to let it get too hot because I know ETOH likes to boil off faster than water (i could see the rubber bottle cap swelling lol). Not sure if this is helping or just tiring my arms, but hey...

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I have an obsessive / compulsive relationship with Tabasco sauce as illustrated by this 6 month supply obtained at the local cash n carry. This thread has restoked my interest in finally creating an e-liquid to satisfy my desire to experience Tabasco sauce in every way possible.
I'm planning on using the clear fraction that settles after sitting for an extended period.

Edit:
I forgot to add the photo, doh!
View attachment 75484

I love hot sauce. And the whole tobasco line is one of my favorites.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Thanks for resurrecting - I agree, great thread!

And it got me thinking, what other spices might one make an infusion/tincture of?

How about Rose/Brazilian Pepper? There's something about its taste that sort of makes me think that it might work well vaped. Maybe combined with something citrus-y...

And would white pepper perhaps give an even sharper TH? Same berry, but without the more aromatic outer shell. (I understand nothing about TH, I can't even quite figure out what is meant by it)

This thread has nine lives :) Every time it comes close to being closed automatically by the forum software someone finds it and brings it back to life.

synflex

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
Grinded some tellicherry, about 1/4 full of a 10ml container, top one it up with PGA and the other with VG..

Left it alone for 2 days before I give it a little shake to wake up the juices, then another week to settle, after which filter with a used wired coffee filter, steeped for another 2 weeks, then mix 5% of each to pure VG 0nic..

May not need to steep for 2 weeks, but as I mix quite a bit of French Vanilla, 2 weeks per batch is the norm for me..

I find that PGA infused pepper juice carries more flavour of pepper, good TH, so good that I coughed on first inhale, definately strong stuff, too strong that it masked away all other properties of peppers, may need to adjust the percentage used..

The VG infused however, do not carry too much flavour but just enough that I could still get the distinctive after taste, and TH just enough to tingle when inhaled, very very complex tickle to the nose and palatte, like a break down of pepper flavour in layers..

I may have accidently found the sweet spot for pure vg black pepper juice..

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Thanks Cyrus. But I can't get myself to try the rebuildables. I'm lazy. I'm stuck on the simplicity of cartos in tanks. Remember I'm the one with the simple taste buds too. I'll try the pepper.

(Of course.. A year ago I was saying, " what the heck is a tank and who needs them? Sounds like too much trouble. ;) )

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
I've bougth premixed black pepper juice from ECBlend, needed no steeping. It's good, but not an all day vape, or an all hour for that matter. But, it's spot on.

Rather than the hassle of making your own, which I know is fun for some of you guys. The juice itself could function as the base if you wanted some strong flavor. Or just add some.

Ah, and there's this:
http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavorin...pepper-black-by-flavourart-select-size-p-1619

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I've bougth premixed black pepper juice from ECBlend, needed no steeping. It's good, but not an all day vape, or an all hour for that matter. But, it's spot on.

Rather than the hassle of making your own, which I know is fun for some of you guys. The juice itself could function as the base if you wanted some strong flavor. Or just add some.

Ah, and there's this:
http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavorin...pepper-black-by-flavourart-select-size-p-1619

Nice tip. Thanks Wishdog :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread